Why?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ChinaNiki
We ask all sorts of questions about movies, music, and sometimes tv. This is for posting random questions about anything. Maybe someone else has the answer.

My question: Why is the Sea of Tranquility called a sea when there's no water in it?

Raz
Where's the sun gone?

Ushgarak
Because they thought it was a sea in olden times when they first closely observed the moon.

I reckon the sun finally worked out that it's not really meant to BE in Britain so it buggered off.

Raz
Noooooooooooooooooooo!

diegocala
The sun is here in Arizona! I wish I could share some with ya! Tired of this heat! 117f today!

happy kine
here in florida its 90 degrees. but its 90% humidity which is worse.

Corran
What are this coming Saturdays lottery numbers?

ChinaNiki
Don't we all wish we knew that?

bigbadbike2

Corran select random numbers until you have enough. stick out tongue

-=Urot=-
laughing out loud He will be there all day.

Corran
I know how to and can select 6 numbers between 1 and 49 (inclusive), the idea of this thread is to ask all sorts of questions so I merely wanted the WINNING numbers for this coming week, not just 6 random numbers.

diegocala
I have the winning numbers on my ticket

Corran
for the UK lottery?

diegocala
I have long arms

PIXIE
i dint

DBZFan
Why did they show a flaming bird show in the water were Gean Grey was at in X-Men 2:Mutants united?

Kes
To show that she turned into the Phoenix.

ChinaNiki
why does my supercheap camera load film better than my mom's expensive one?

Rogue Jedi
because god has a great sense of humor, niki. angel

Kes
Because expensive doesn't always mean good smile

mechmoggy
Why must I get older, I was perfectly happy at 18.

bigbadbike2
So you can legally drink in the US. smile

mechmoggy
Its 18 over here, and thats why I was perfectly happy.

After reaching 18, increasing age has no benefits.

bigbadbike2
Bummer. Ummm. OK got it. As you get older you look more like an adult. So you need to reach at least 25 before you need to stop getting older. cool

mechmoggy
That doesn't work, I'm 26 but still don't look my age (see "I'm back" thread for proof).

All that's happening is I'm losing my hair and its harder to keep in shape, I see no good side to getting older at all.

happy kine
i hear ya mech. i'm the same age and its getting harder to be able to sit around doing nothing without getting fat. when i was 18 i never just sat around doing nothing i had energy galore... now i good friday is sitting around doing nothing

bigbadbike2
laughing out loud Hmm. Ya think?

happy kine
well 10 years ago i was invincible and trim... how could this happen to me! i'm not supposed to age anymore

bigbadbike2
You could shave your head, and just mke a consistant workout program in the mornings before work. Remember it takes 21 days to make a habit. If you can make a habit out of laying around you can make it out of working out. Then maybe you will end up like Vin Diesel. roll eyes (sarcastic) big grin

mechmoggy
I'm dreading finding wrinkles anywhere on my person, I realise its a bit early to worry about that but I already have some grey hairs dammit.

bigbadbike2
Understandable. I am starting to go through that stage. I am 22. I have started working out about 3 times a week and playing tennis some.
I made the decision to grow older and improve myself while I am. Small steps taken now will prevent a lot of bad things in the future. In five years I plan to be better looking and happier. I am single so I do not have anyone but myself to worry about at the moment, so I will concentrate on me being the best I can. big grin

bigbadbike2
Anyway my point to both of you is to decide what you don't like about yourself now and change it. Grey hairs and wrinkles will come, but you can still be healthy and happy. All it takes is the decision to change.

Kes
Grey hair can be very charming!smile Some man do get better with age you know big grin

diegocala
Oh yeah, take it from me, grey hair and wrinkles on a man will get you in some pretty cool trouble...if you know what I mean..wink, wink...not only the older women like you but the younger ones seem to be actracted to them as well. It shows that the is no more "little boy" in you.

Little do they know right? hehehe evil face evil face

bigbadbike2
You sneaky little devil you. evil face

diegocala
Oh yeah! I see the above posts stating that there is no since in getting older than 18...oh how wrong those little ones are!
They will learn
It'sw like wine and cheese, only gets better with age. big grin

happy kine
diego: provided you don't have dicky do....
thats if you belly sticks out farther then your dicky do your in trouble.

diegocala
laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

DBZFan
Oh,so douse that mean she is a phenix now?Is there gonna be a third X-Men movie now?

Ushgarak
Diego, Mech is eight years past 18 and he was the guy who said that!

diegocala
Well, sorry for him, but that stuff will not kick in until your 30's

Kes
Check out the X-men area of KMC.

DBZFan
Okay...

ChinaNiki
Why is 30 the big mark of getting old?

DBZFan
Why is 6 afraid of seven?Couse 789!BABABA BABAAAAAAA!

Baylin
DBZ - no

China - I thought 40 was the big mark of getting old, if not then....

"OH MY GOD IT'S NOT FAIR I'M GOING TO BE OLD NEXT YEAR!!!!" eek!

mechmoggy
I must be getting old, I visited a DIY store today AND complained when a price was incorrect on one of my items. eek!

Celsius
isnt 40 the BIG sign of getting old? :cofused:

diegocala
You guys are way off track

Sheepz
Why does stamp glue have to taste so nasty? They should make it chocolate flavored =3

Phoenix
how on earth did england become hotter than miami on monday (or tuesday, i'm not good with remembering things!)?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!?

diegocala
Global Warming

Phoenix
why does my hair not remain straighgt for longer than 40 minutes no matter how long i straighten it for?

ChinaNiki
for the same reason I can never get mine to hold a curl

Cuz we want what we're not

Tired Hiker
Why hasn't the world converted to solar powered cars and realized the benefit of a society non-dependant on fossil fuels?

ChinaNiki
cuz we have great hopes of the environmentalists backing down and allowing the government to destroy our national parks in alaska by drilling for oil

oh and Bush and Cheney, among others, got most of their money from oil

Baylin
Why cant I think of a why question? miffed

-=Urot=-
I'm going to be 32 in aug. I feel that age is only in the mind. My mother is also turning 50 this year, but you would think she only turning 20.

She out and about not caring about her age.

So don't let people tell you your old because your over 30, or 40. Life is what you make it. So live it up!!!

Baylin
I have no probs with being 28. My mum only nags me on the phone, I have a good job and can buy/do pretty much what I want - life is good at 28 yes

-=Urot=-
And it should be.. So enjoy yourself. You deserve it. smile

Phoenix
17 is awful - too young to do things legally, too old for it to be fun that your being illegal!

Celsius
Why am i here?

DBZFan
:/ you are tiking me off.

diegocala
tick, tick, tick

shadow_angel
*blows up*

Celsius
why am i there?

Another_Smithy
Because you are not here...

Celsius
oh. stick out tongue

Mist
why are computers so damn annoying?

Another_Smithy
Because you cant control them.

ChinaNiki
but yet you need them to soooo much

Another_Smithy
Heres a question.

Why does the human race contradict itself?

ChinaNiki
not sure how you mean that confused

Another_Smithy
We are all hypocrits SP? China Niki no matter what you say you will always contradict yourself at least once in your life. So why do we contradict ourselves?

Ushgarak
Contradicting yourself does not make you a hypocrite. Humans change as time goes by, is all.

ChinaNiki
so you could say that contradiction is a part of evolution

DBZFan
Why do they make stupid adds on websites that keep poping up when you go to the home page?

Dexx
i belive it's called 'advertising by any means' OR 'advertising till we die'

DBZFan
Why do you ******ing care?

Dexx
whaaat? erm

DBZFan
Never mined

diegocala
why are some people such punks?

Dexx
to grab attention i guess....though SOME, i'll never understand

Fire
hehe do you understand anyone dexx?

Crash_Overload
Why?
Why not?

Dexx
yeah....sure whistle

Celsius
He understands what he wants to understand..........which is nothing. stick out tongue

Fire
hehe

KidRock
why am i obssesed with running through the forums naked?

Fire
no idea but don't do it

we shouldn't give in to every impuls we have

if I would I would insult a lot of ppl and I would become pretty violent from time to time

Baylin
Why why why why why why why?

Rogue Jedi
why ask why? try bud dry.

badkittykitty
Ever wonder if illiterate people get the full effect of alphabet soup?"

Fire
no idea

Kes
laughing out loud

Fire
laughing out loud

cermiestar
why can't i have everything i want?

yerssot
because people want other people to suffer?

cermiestar
oh well....i still got my sara duffel coat big grinbig grinbig grin

yerssot
best thing to do now is to smile and nod and then look up who that is?

cermiestar
it's blue...and i have a pink duffel coat but this one is sky blue and iit really soft and snuggly smile

yerssot
er... I have no idea how skyblue is supposed to look, me and colors don't really go well

cermiestar
this colour smile

Kes
lol Isnt that baby blue blink

yerssot
great... that's quite useless since I have to highlight it to read it sad

cermiestar
sowee.....sad

yerssot
you can't help it cermieeeeeeeeeeee

cermiestar
messed *wanders off in happy daze* happy happy happyland big grin

Ushgarak
All done; closing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.