Questions?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

IBTonks
Heya! does anyone need any questions answering about Harry Potter, i'm sure i can answer pretty much anything, like i know who is likely to play Pansy Parkinson for example, and who is being considered for the role of Fleur Delacour. Even if u wanna know how many quditch matches there may be in the third film! i'm happy to answer all questions!

america_boxers
its for sure they are haveing quidditch now?

IBTonks
If your talking about the third film, yes they are. There will be at least one match and it will be bigger and better than the past two movies, the sepcial effects will be amaizing

crazy_c
Is jack ryder gonna play cedric diggory in the 4th film?

IBTonks
The news service reports that Jack Ryder, who is the UK TV show "EastEnders," is up for the role of Cedric Diggory. But this doesn't mean that he will be the Casted Cedric. However if he is determined there is a good chance that he will get the part

Lee^
can sirius really b dead??? cause hes like the best char there is. if he really is i will b sad cause he had the whole "above the law thing" goin. so i wouldnt think jk would really take a coo person like him out could she???

deafmonkey
of course he isnt dead, they should kill fudge and percy then let sirius become minister of magic

america_boxers
lol that would be awsome

Lee^
sounds good 2 me deafmonkey rock

IBTonks
there are rumors saying that he is not dead that place was a portkey for people in the order of the phoenix if they ever get into trouble or they use the time turner to go back in time and save him. But then y didn't Harry know about this? personally i think he's gone

Lee^
no NOOOOOOOO!!!!! HE CANT B GONE!!!! HE WAS MY HOOM!

deafmonkey
they just faked sirius dying, so that harry wouldnt get into anymore trouble with his dreams. if they fake sirius gettin killed then harry wont go to chase after imaginary shit like some dude on crack

tigereyes456
HE IS GONE GET OVER IT!

crazy_c
whose gonna play viktor krum?

IBTonks
No Casting has been spoken about for the fourth film, only rumors, so i was unable to find n e thing on viktor krum, however in my searching, i found a tiny artical the british comedian Rowan Atkinson who is being cosidered to play Voldemort.

IBTonks
in case u don't know who he is....he's Mr Bean!!! but i'm not sure i can believe that this rumor will come true, we will just have to wait and see!

america_boxers
i have a question...does anyone know how james and lily defied the dark lord 3 times or what james and lily and sirius had as jobs? (i bet james was an auror or he played quidditch) if you know please tell!

IBTonks
James Potter was born c.1960 (CR) of a Wizarding family. He inherited quite a fortune (AOL). James was probably the only son in that family (OP6). While at Hogwarts (c. 1971-1978) James made quite a name for himself. He was a brilliant student who became Head Boy in his last year. He was one of the the ringleaders of a group of mischievous students and was seldom seen without his best friend, Sirius Black, by his side (PA10). One of his accomplishments, although unknown to most people at the time, was to become an Animagus, quite a feat for an underage wizard. He did this because another of his dearest companions, Remus Lupin, was a werewolf. In animal form, all of the group of friends could join Lupin in adventures around the countryside once a month when he had transformed.

James was an excellent Quidditch player. He was a Chaser for the Gryffindor team (Sch2). He received an award for Quidditch in 1973 (SS/f).
(NOTE: In the film, James is said to be a Seeker (SS/f), but JKR stated that he was the Chaser in the second Scholastic interview).

At Hogwarts, James met Lily Evans, a Witch of Muggle parentage, who was also quite a brilliant student. At first she would have nothing to do with James, who was somewhat arrogant (OP28). Eventually the two became a couple and by the time they were seventh years, they were Head Boy and Girl. Lily and James were married straight out of Hogwarts (c. 1979) and had a son, Harry, on July 31, 1980. James and Lily were strongly loyal to Dumbledore in the fight against Voldemort. They were members of the Order of the Phoenix and fought against the Dark Lord (OP). When Voldemort became aware of the prophesy concerning a baby born at the end of July of 1980, they became a particular target of the Dark Lord, and they went into hiding in 1981.

SO as far as i can tell they didn't actually defy him, it was the prophecy that sparked voldemorts targeting of the potters

IBTonks
oh, and lily was a Sorceress

america_boxers
that would make harry 23? where did you get this?

IBTonks
no it wudn't!! idiot! the films are set in the time that the books were written, not in 2003!!! considerin the first book was published in wot...1994?? the dates are correct!!!

crazy_c
How did u work out that harry was born in 1980?

america_boxers
im just confused? didnt the first book come out in umm 97? i think

crazy_c
yeh it did

Lee^
HE IS GONE GET OVER IT!

mad mad SHUT UP 7 YEAR OLD!!! mad mad
mad mad HE IS NOT DEAD!!!! mad mad

crazy_c
wat r u talkin bout?

IBTonks
argh! put it this way...the books are not accurate to date, as in each book he is a year older, but yet the books areleased sometimes 2 years apart...get me?.....when scripts are written for films...they rarely take place on the exact date they were written! sometimes in the future, most times in like 1995 or summit...wiv me?

crazy_c
Yeh but it still wudnt make him born in 1980 it would maked his birth year 1986.

IBTonks
how wud it.....u explain it then!

crazy_c
Cos the first book was written in 1997 and he was 11 in it so he wudda bin born in 1997.

IBTonks
J. K. Rowling has told us that Harry's birthday is July 31, which happens to be her birthday, too. But what year was Harry born?

Near the beginning of Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone it says that "tomorrow, Tuesday, was Harry's eleventh birthday." July 31 doesn't fall on a Tuesday very often. Most readers of that first book assumed that, because it was published in 1997, Harry attended Hogwarts during the 1990s. In 1990, July 31 fell on a Tuesday. This would mean that Harry was born in 1979 and would turn 23 in 2002.

IBTonks
so ur sayin he wudda been born on his 11th birthday??? ur messed up!

IBTonks
this theory is contradicted by evidence in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, in which Harry helped celebrate Nearly Headless Nick's deathday anniversary on October 31, 1992. Harry was 12 at that time. So this would mean that Harry was born in 1980, and that he would turn 22 in 2002.

Anyway, does it matter exactly when the books take place? They are, after all, fantasy. Maybe there are contradictory dates because time doesn't pass exactly the same way in the books' world as it does in ours. Or maybe calendars in the land of fantasy don't have to follow our rules!

Beileve me now????

crazy_c
Ok i do.but i need 2 read chamber of secrets agen cos i cant remember it sayen it was 1992.

IBTonks
lol! u do that! trust me!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.