So Hot!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Phoenix
How hot is it with you? we are 37 degrees here, and im about to go swimming!! yay!

diegocala
It is 110 degrees (f) here! Swimming is all we can do! But you have to wear shoes all the way up till you jump in!

LindsIsTightK
Phoenix you must have meant in 37 degrees celsius, its like 60 out here, its so crappy outside, of course what do you expect this is Washington

royal_jester
Wow I am from Arizona too...We are going to get to about 113 degrees today..To bad I have no pool sad

royal_jester
You are very lucky to have temps like that

diegocala
Oh, you need a pool jester! Go to the waterpark out there, I like that place...forgot what it was called though!

Kes
Man I have to learn Ferheint (sp) messed
Well here (Lisbon) its about 30 (c) now but its night. During the day it went to 40 (c) and very dry!

DeNiro
I like hot before cold **** cold hot is awesome u can do alot more things in the heat then the cold

Kes
I think I can do more things in the cold. But then cold her its about 15degrees (c).

Rogue Jedi
101 degrees.....80 to 90 % humidity. sad no thumb down wacko

Freddy Fan
its around 10-18 c, i live in aus, 1 month till spring, i hate winterAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Phoenix
thats usual british summer!

Kes
lol

bigbadbike2
90, 90
90 degrees (f)
90 + % humidity.

ObieTrice 26
im not even sure if it gets to 30 degrees(celcius) here...

Kes
Where is here Obie?

ObieTrice 26
Canada big grin

ObieTrice 26
in Edmonton,Alberta

Nefertite
Well, today is 11th of August but it was cloudy. It was about 20 degrees (C).

Kes
Lol Havent a clue either stick out tongue

diegocala
How bad are those fires Kes...are they near you?

Kes
They're bad! But they're not near. I dont live near a florest roll eyes (sarcastic) 400 thousand hectares have burned. 15 ppl have died. Not to mention all the historical places that have been destroied and the animals that have died sad

diegocala
Your siggie sign says it all!!

Kes
The "Bewear the wrath of mother nature" thing or the image? The image does look like smooke.
To bad most of them have nothing to do with nature messed

diegocala
Well even if the fire was set by humans, Mother Nature will use it to her advantage...that is how the forrest is cleaned out and kept in balance

Baylin
Doesn't make it any easier to live though does it sad
My heart goes out to your countries loss Kes!

diegocala
Agreed!

Kes
Well it isn't really kept in balance because it happens every year and rare animal species are dying. Plus some of these florest are ppls lives. And villages (sp) are being destroied too.

Baylin> Thanks.

diegocala
Don't want to step on any toes but the intrusion of the people in the forrest has led to human-caused eco problems, fires and the extention of rare speices may be linked back to people in the forrest
It is a debate of great importance, but it is life
Please don't take me wrong on this
I feel terrible about what is happening over there.

Kes
I didnt even understand what you said blink

diegocala
cool then big grin

Kes
big grin

ChinaNiki
I read today that the pope was asking people to pray for rain to put out Europe's fires. However, I wonder if he's ever asked people to pray for rain when wildfires are out of control in other countries.

royal_jester
today it wuz 94 (f) for the overnight low and 113 (f) for the high today no

Kes
Well the problem with these fires is that vilages are burning. Here 300 ppl had to be evacuated (sp) sad

Ushgarak
You mean non-Christian countries, China? I don't think he gets asked much to pray for fire relief there.

Celsius
Yeah. i heard about the fires in Porugal on the news (At least it hink it was portugal) looked pretty serious.

Celsius
Kinda makes you think though. He is supposd to treat everyone equally. I mean he is THE POPE. Kind of selfish of him if you ask me.

Kes
Celsius> Things are pretty serious here!

lol Probably if he sais anything the non-christian countries will start complaining.
Saying he's acting superior or something.

Ushgarak
Indeedy so, Kes.

Celsius
Ahhhh yes. Again the wise diety that is Kes has guided me from my feebile ideas. stick out tongue

drumsgirl13
it's like 35 over here. ack, it's so gross and sticky messed

Ushgarak
Yeah, it's horrid!

drumsgirl13
i can't even sleep correctly. i have to shove all my blankets off my bed cuz it's even hot at night!

Kes
My mom sleeps on the floor.

Ushgarak
I can't actually sleep without a duvet- it's a comfort thing. I just get rid of everything ELSE that might heat me up.

Kes
You're making me blush embarrasment

Or is it the heat blink

Kes
I actually sleep with my head hid between my arm and the pillow.
Habit!

drumsgirl13
i have one of those beds from Ikea that is like a bunk-bed, but has no bottom bunk. so it's like a high bed (but i'm not 5) lol. so the heat comes up there. thanks for the idea of sleeping on the floor cuz obviously heat rises usually to the top? lol smile

Ushgarak
Yeah, I thought that too, but I tried sleeping a few thousand miles underground and it was REALLY hot...

Kes
The subway must be impossible! I mean its hot in the winter with the temps england has been having!!! It must be boiling!

Ushgarak
Well, yeah, they had a train get stuck in the tunnels for an hour after a breakdown. They had to have an ambulance ready when it finally got out- luckily it was not crowded so the people were ok.

drumsgirl13
i'm sorry, you guys just lost me. lol

Kes
messed Stuck??! I'm never ridding the sub again!

Kes
We were talking about the subway in england. Its really hot down there!

Ushgarak
Like, you want to try and get around London on the BUS, Kes??? Good luck...

drumsgirl13
alright, thanks for clarifying big grin and as for the subway in London, i've never been to London, so i wouldn't know what it's like!

Ushgarak
New York is worse than London, but London is the oldest. On thing like the Bakerloo line, wooden floored trains really do not fill you with confidence.

Kes
lol Yeh the sub is easier but if it got stuck and with the heat...I'd suffocate!

drumsgirl13
in NL it's crappy. the metro is what it's all about, and it's not underground so you can feel the heat x2 worse.

Ushgarak
You would live, I am sure!

drumsgirl13
yeah, i guess. i mean, i'm livin today, aren't i? lol

Ushgarak
Ahh, I was more talking about poor Kes stuck on the broken down underground train in the sweltering, suffocating heat...

drumsgirl13
i feel sorry for Kes.

i hope you survive.

Ushgarak
But I THINK it would be better to imagine it not happening! The killer heat will be dying down by the time you get here, Kes, anyway.

drumsgirl13
summer will be over. some day...

Kes
Noo!Me like heat!

Kes
the metro here isn't hot.

Ushgarak
It'll still be WARM in September, Kes. Just not Portuguese-killing-on-the-underground warm.

Kes
laughing out loud Good cos the sub is the only way I wont get lost there.

Ushgarak
(nods) it makes a mad kinda sense, yeah.

@ngel
not hot at all

<<Solo>>
Currently: 66 F
Condition: Clear
Dewpoint: 33
Humidity: 29 %
Visibility: 10 mi
Wind: NNW/15 mph

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.