Opening Sequence

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Raz

Dim
Maybe it will be the ship that Palpatine takes to Naboo in TPM.

finti
How certain are we that this is the opening scene?

JediOasis
I'd guess its the same type ship we saw the Jedi on in TPM, that was a Republic cruiser was it not?

Raz
TFN have confirmed the opening scroll of Episode II. Heres a mockup:

http://www.geocities.com/ep2uk3/scrolling_text.gif

Ratcat
And they say I have too much time on my hands..... laughing out loud

But seriously, that looks cool.

As for the ship, I think it will be a republic cruise, the red ones, based on that select image of the ship in hyperspace. If you flipped it around the engine profile matched a treat.

COREWORLD
Ratcat, i had that ship pinned down as either Padme's new ship or the Jedi starship that ferrys them to Geonosis for the final battle, i think that you are right and it is Padme's new starship. And to think while i was watching TPM, i thought that the 'Royal starship' was going to be the Millennium Falcon of this trilogy, i guess there isn't going to be a main 'hero' ship until the OT.
Raz, neat work on the titles...

Boshuda
Who has told TFN that THAT is the opening scroll?....
sounds very good but I'm not so sure...

Raz
It was Sith Interceptor, a guy who supposedly has the whole script!

Ratcat
His name does seem to pop up around all these rumours. He's either well placed or a better copn artist that the dread Mickey Suttle....

krautrocker
didn't I make a point about how I thought the opening scroll would be the last thing to get done, on a nother topic board, then somebody said how it would already be done , then 2 days later that. I don't believe it.

Ratcat
To be honest, even with a flashy rendering, I think we're getting a little too excited about this report. WIth 15months still to go, there is a whole load of scope for this to change, if indeed it is authentic.

Don't you think that Lucasfilms would have sent out legal notices to sites if this thing was the real deal...

Raz
Maybe the "Cease and Desist" notices are in the post.....

The scroll text posted is from the first draft of Ep2. The scroll text of Ep1 didn't change much from its first draft, so I guess this is pretty much it...

Gundark
Hmmmm...could use a little work here and there.

Raz
How about some suggestions?....

Ratcat
I have to admit that I wasn't nearly as "ON the ball" with Episode-I as I am with this one.

That's interesting that you say that though. Maybe that's why the scrollers sometimes seemed like they were out of sync with the movies.

finti
I think is rather interesting scroll, kind off a rebellion before the rebellion.

JediOasis
I find it very hard to believe that Lucas has even finished the opening scroll, let alone let someone post it on the internet. I am really starting to believe that all this crap is made up and everything we think we know will be completely different. I may have to remove my foot from my mouth in a little over a year, but I really doubt it. Lucas is too good at hiding things to let EVERYTHING be seen by the public. These "superspys" are probably just a bunch of junior-college computer nerds who thing its cool to mess with peoples minds.

ELVISFCK
I hope you're right JediOasis.

Raz
Lucas has always created the scroll text in the first draft of every film, AFAIK that is...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.