KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Opening Sequence

Opening Sequence
Started by: Raz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Raz
Meister

Admin

Opening Sequence

We know that at the start we will see Padmés' ships arriving at Coruscant.....but what ships do you think she will be taking?
If she isn't the Queen, then it can't be the Royal Ship....

Old Post Jan 31st, 2001 06:02 PM
Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

Maybe it will be the ship that Palpatine takes to Naboo in TPM.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2001 07:16 PM
Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

How certain are we that this is the opening scene?

Old Post Jan 31st, 2001 09:36 PM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediOasis
Better Man

I'd guess its the same type ship we saw the Jedi on in TPM, that was a Republic cruiser was it not?

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Jan 31st, 2001 11:27 PM
Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

TFN have confirmed the opening scroll of Episode II. Heres a mockup:

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 1st, 2001 02:22 AM
Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

And they say I have too much time on my hands..... laughing out loud

But seriously, that looks cool.

As for the ship, I think it will be a republic cruise, the red ones, based on that select image of the ship in hyperspace. If you flipped it around the engine profile matched a treat.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2001 03:37 AM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Coreworld

Ratcat, i had that ship pinned down as either Padme's new ship or the Jedi starship that ferrys them to Geonosis for the final battle, i think that you are right and it is Padme's new starship. And to think while i was watching TPM, i thought that the 'Royal starship' was going to be the Millennium Falcon of this trilogy, i guess there isn't going to be a main 'hero' ship until the OT.
Raz, neat work on the titles...

Old Post Feb 1st, 2001 04:58 AM
Click here to Send Coreworld a Private Message Find more posts by Coreworld Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Boshuda

Who has told TFN that THAT is the opening scroll?....
sounds very good but I'm not so sure...

Old Post Feb 1st, 2001 05:51 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

It was Sith Interceptor, a guy who supposedly has the whole script!

Old Post Feb 1st, 2001 06:07 AM
Ratcat

His name does seem to pop up around all these rumours. He's either well placed or a better copn artist that the dread Mickey Suttle....

Old Post Feb 1st, 2001 02:25 PM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krautrocker

opening scroll

didn't I make a point about how I thought the opening scroll would be the last thing to get done, on a nother topic board, then somebody said how it would already be done , then 2 days later that. I don't believe it.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2001 02:57 PM
Click here to Send krautrocker a Private Message Find more posts by krautrocker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Re: opening scroll

To be honest, even with a flashy rendering, I think we're getting a little too excited about this report. WIth 15months still to go, there is a whole load of scope for this to change, if indeed it is authentic.

Don't you think that Lucasfilms would have sent out legal notices to sites if this thing was the real deal...

Old Post Feb 1st, 2001 03:55 PM
Raz
Meister

Admin

Maybe the "Cease and Desist" notices are in the post.....

The scroll text posted is from the first draft of Ep2. The scroll text of Ep1 didn't change much from its first draft, so I guess this is pretty much it...

Old Post Feb 1st, 2001 06:13 PM
Gundark
Mayhem

Hmmmm...could use a little work here and there.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2001 07:59 PM
Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

How about some suggestions?....

Old Post Feb 1st, 2001 08:01 PM
Ratcat

I have to admit that I wasn't nearly as "ON the ball" with Episode-I as I am with this one.

That's interesting that you say that though. Maybe that's why the scrollers sometimes seemed like they were out of sync with the movies.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2001 09:06 PM
finti

I think is rather interesting scroll, kind off a rebellion before the rebellion.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2001 09:11 PM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediOasis
Better Man

I find it very hard to believe that Lucas has even finished the opening scroll, let alone let someone post it on the internet. I am really starting to believe that all this crap is made up and everything we think we know will be completely different. I may have to remove my foot from my mouth in a little over a year, but I really doubt it. Lucas is too good at hiding things to let EVERYTHING be seen by the public. These "superspys" are probably just a bunch of junior-college computer nerds who thing its cool to mess with peoples minds.

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Feb 1st, 2001 11:56 PM
Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ELVISFCK

I hope you're right JediOasis.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2001 04:28 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

Lucas has always created the scroll text in the first draft of every film, AFAIK that is...

Old Post Feb 5th, 2001 04:37 AM