KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Ellen Ripley vs. Sarah Connor

Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Ellen Ripley 6 33.33%
Sarah Connor 12 66.67%
Total: 18 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ellen Ripley vs. Sarah Connor
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Impediment
Endless

Ellen Ripley vs. Sarah Connor

Ripley has taken on hordes of the Xenomorphs. She has shown bravery, tact, and charisma in the face of terror. Her only wish is to go back home to Earth and live a normal life, but, unfortunately, Fate has a different plan for her. She will never stop battling the aliens.

Sarah Connor is a woman with one goal on her mind, and she is willing to do whatever it takes to accomplish that goal: to stop the Machines from taking over the Earth on Judgment Day. She has battled with terrifying cyborgs, the Terminators, from the distant future and prevailed, but with great loss.

This is a one-on-one fisticuff match. No gloves, no weapons, no rules. Which of these two badasses will knock each other out by using their battle skills and anger?

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Feb 29th, 2008 07:21 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

My vote goes to Ripley. Given the nature of the fight, I think Ripley would be better at hand-to-hand than Sarah.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2008 10:49 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Two excellent characters. I'd have to say Ripley would prolly beat Sarah in a fist fight.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 29th, 2008 11:20 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Really? As much as I consider Ripley a badass, she had a lot of sci-fi weapons at hand to match her nerves. I feel that Sarah might have the edge since she is, in my opinion, borderline insane with an obsessive desire to see her mission through to the end and has had formal training from her lover, Kyle, and her friend Enrique, the ex-Green Beret.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2008 11:28 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Insanity leads to making mistakes.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2008 12:25 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Tell that to Batman.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2008 01:25 AM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Batman's obsessed, not to the point of insanity though.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2008 03:40 AM
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

I really think that Sarah Conner would kick her ass. I was never too impressed with Ripley. She always seemed like one of those characters with mediocre skills and a decent amount of luck to me.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Mar 1st, 2008 04:34 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Ellen Ripley vs. Sarah Connor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
Ripley has taken on hordes of the Xenomorphs. She has shown bravery, tact, and charisma in the face of terror. Her only wish is to go back home to Earth and live a normal life, but, unfortunately, Fate has a different plan for her. She will never stop battling the aliens.

Sarah Connor is a woman with one goal on her mind, and she is willing to do whatever it takes to accomplish that goal: to stop the Machines from taking over the Earth on Judgment Day. She has battled with terrifying cyborgs, the Terminators, from the distant future and prevailed, but with great loss.

This is a one-on-one fisticuff match. No gloves, no weapons, no rules. Which of these two badasses will knock each other out by using their battle skills and anger?
Connor PWNS Ripley, NO CONTEST. We ARE talking about the original Ripley, yes? from Aliens 1, 2 and 3?

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2008 05:54 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Impediment
Really? As much as I consider Ripley a badass, she had a lot of sci-fi weapons at hand to match her nerves. I feel that Sarah might have the edge since she is, in my opinion, borderline insane with an obsessive desire to see her mission through to the end and has had formal training from her lover, Kyle, and her friend Enrique, the ex-Green Beret.

Ripley had plenty of training fighting all the Aliens and thus gained a better knowledge of them where she would be able to take of business. I agree with you Sarah had excellent training from Kyle and Enrique, but Ripley seems to me better at getting the job done whereas Sarah may not necessarily have a plan but will still get the job done

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 1st, 2008 06:09 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Being trained by a military man is no substitute for actually being in the military.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2008 07:20 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Still, Sara Connor was badass with guns, knives, and hand to hand. Ripley was only badass with a weapon in her hand.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2008 07:33 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
McLovin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Connor would beat the piss out of her.

Just the way Connor was in T-2, alone.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 03:08 AM
McLovin is currently offline Click here to Send McLovin a Private Message Find more posts by McLovin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

If you think about it, Ripley was not all that badass. In the first movie, she was a civilian who barely escaped a deadly alien. Second movie, same person, except she's surrounded by marines, with one of them spending a few minutes showing her how to use a rifle. Third movie, same person again, but now she doesn't have to worry about the rogue alien coming for her due to the queen inside her, otherwise she would've died in the med bay within the first third of the movie. When involving the aliens, all of those movies take place within the span of 2 days, more or less.

Sarah Conner started off pretty much the same in the first Terminator. But, while Ripley spent her time in-between movies in cryogenic stasis, Sarah spent her time learning about computers, firearms, basic combat, and other things, and teaching her son these things at the same time. And while the whole thing drove her crazy, she was still extremely smart, and focused.

When you consider all that, I'd say Sarah has a clear advantage over Ripley.

Originally posted by Strangelove
Being trained by a military man is no substitute for actually being in the military.

That's true, but the training alone is still invaluable, especially in the case of this thread.

Visit my city, or die at the hands of my ninjas

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 04:33 AM
Tron is currently offline Click here to Send Tron a Private Message Find more posts by Tron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Sarah wins.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 05:15 AM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sarah PWNS Ripley.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 12:15 PM
BlackSunshine
Do what you want to do

Sarah Connor without a doubt.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 03:39 PM
BlackSunshine is currently offline Click here to Send BlackSunshine a Private Message Find more posts by BlackSunshine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

No question, Sarah Connor

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2008 12:20 AM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

yes

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2008 06:15 AM
Tempe Brennan
Bones

Sarah Connor would pwn Ripley, no doubt about it. smile

Thanks Passione

Old Post Mar 28th, 2008 03:31 AM
Tempe Brennan is currently offline Click here to Send Tempe Brennan a Private Message Find more posts by Tempe Brennan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote