KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Han Solo versus Captain Kirk.....

Han Solo versus Captain Kirk.....
Started by: Rogue Jedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Han Solo versus Captain Kirk.....

Fistfight. No weapons, at night in the swamps of Dagobah, knee deep in muck.....who wins?

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2008 10:19 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Is there anyone around for Kirk to feel as though he needs to impress?
If not, then i say Solo.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2008 10:24 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

What age group is Kirk in? Is he evenly matched with Han?

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2008 10:25 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'd say Kirk in the first Star Trek movie.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2008 10:40 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Han whips his ass.

Not because I'm a die hard Warsie, as opposed to Trekkie, but I just feel that Han has more experience, what with his being in the Imperial Navy, and being a space smuggler. After all, a smuggler has to have some degree of down & dirty skills. Just look what at what Han did to Greedo.

And, yes, Han DID fire first.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2008 10:48 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

No Blasters!!! No Blasters!!!

Yeah, Han takes this one easily.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2008 11:02 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
I'd say Kirk in the first Star Trek movie.

If you have to gimp Kirk with older age, then Han wins/has the definite advantage.

Make them both in their prime, Kirk kicks the shit out of Solo, easily.

Kirk handled his own against Klingons, Vulcans, Gorns and a slew of other more powerful/larger foes. Solo relies on the wookie to fight his hand-to-hand battles.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Jun 3rd, 2008 at 12:47 AM

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2008 12:43 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
If you have to gimp Kirk with older age, then Han wins/has the definite advantage.

Make them both in their prime, Kirk kicks the shit out of Solo, easily.

Kirk handled his own against Klingons, Vulcans, Gorns and a slew of other more powerful/larger foes. Solo relies on the wookie to fight his hand-to-hand battles.
do some research on Solo.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2008 12:48 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

do some research on Solo.

Has solo fought (and beat) aliens who were 2-4 times more physicaly powerful in a hand to hand duel? Done this consistantly?

Last edited by Robtard on Jun 3rd, 2008 at 12:53 AM

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2008 12:50 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Gimmee a sec, looking for it now.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2008 12:58 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

"A sec" has an entirely different meaning to you, obviously.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2008 03:50 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

laughing out loud I had to sleep, man. I forget which novel it is, I think it is the trilogy of "Han Solos adventures", but there is a part where Boba Fett is recalling the first time he saw Solo ever.

Han was a prisoner and was pitted like against three or four beings of varying species, and he won.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2008 04:37 AM
jinXed by JaNx

i read a comic book where han ran away from a pissed off jedi once, whatever that is worth.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2008 04:54 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

well, it IS a Jedi.....

Old Post Jun 4th, 2008 01:25 AM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

A smuggler vs. a military soldier.

Kirk takes it.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2008 09:04 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Han has military training, he was a prosperous officer in the Imp navy, he just couldnt follow orders.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2008 09:08 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
A smuggler vs. a military soldier.

Kirk takes it.

Han has military training, he was a prosperous officer in the Imp navy, he just couldnt follow orders.

True, but I think Kirk takes by a very slim margin.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 4th, 2008 10:48 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Han, in my opinion, has the edge because, as a smuggler, he has to be more ruthless than Kirk, and, most likely, has fewer morals than a "do-gooder" like Kirk. Han would probably fight dirty.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2008 11:12 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Indeed....the circle that Han runs in, he is by far harder than Kirk.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2008 11:16 PM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

"[Han Solo, as a teenager], fought against three other human fighters much larger than himself. Solo somehow managed to defeat the other gladiators in unarmed combat... "

Wookiepedia.

And that was before he joined the Empire and recieved military combat training. So... yeah.

I know nothing about Kirk though, so I'll withhold judgment.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2008 03:35 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote