KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Benjamin Martin (The Patriot) versus William Wallace (Braveheart)

Benjamin Martin (The Patriot) versus William Wallace (Braveheart)
Started by: Rogue Jedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Benjamin Martin (The Patriot) versus William Wallace (Braveheart)

William Wallace, armed with a sword and a battle axe, versus Benjamin Martin, armed with his twin tomahwaks and an empty rifle with a bayonet attached.

Both are on horseback, facing each other 100 yards away. Both believe that the other had something to do with the deaths of their respected loved ones.

The battle takes place in an open field in broad daylight.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2008 08:54 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Wallace

Old Post Jul 26th, 2008 11:41 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Elaborate why?

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2008 11:42 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Elaborate why?
Better trained in close combat and stronger. Also better weapons.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2008 11:43 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Röland
Masked Vigilante

Wallace.
Originally posted by Bardock42

Rorschach's Journal: October 12th, 1985. Tonight, a comedian died in New York.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2008 11:44 PM
Röland is currently offline Click here to Send Röland a Private Message Find more posts by Röland Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hmm......Up close, like toe to toe, I would think Martin has the advantage with the tomahawks.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2008 11:46 PM
Röland
Masked Vigilante

Hmm......Up close, like toe to toe, I would think Martin has the advantage with the tomahawks.

Why is that?

Wallace fought during a time when melee combat was the only means to fight. So wouldn't Wallace have the advantage over Martin?

Old Post Jul 26th, 2008 11:51 PM
Röland is currently offline Click here to Send Röland a Private Message Find more posts by Röland Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

The South Park version of Mel Gibson comes running across the arena screaming, "K'plagh! K'plagh!"

While Martin and Wallace are distracted, Martin Riggs lambastes them with a bazooka.

Riggs FTW

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2008 11:52 PM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Röland
Why is that?

Wallace fought during a time when melee combat was the only means to fight. So wouldn't Wallace have the advantage over Martin?
Just saying that Martin was no slouch, and that when they are right there in each others faces, the tomahawks would seem the more ideal weapon.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2008 11:53 PM
Bardock42

I guess we should factor in a possible throwing of the Tomahawks.

Overall I'd still say Wallace.

Except that Martin has Patriotism on his side...and as we all know the US can't lose. God bless America.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2008 11:55 PM
Röland
Masked Vigilante

Just saying that Martin was no slouch, and that when they are right there in each others faces, the tomahawks would seem the more ideal weapon.

Martin was no slouch, but Wallace did use a variation of an axe/sickle weapon along with his broadsword, so he also had a tomahawk type weapon.

The tomahawks would be more ideal yes, but I see Wallace having the edge because the only means of combat for him was melee, so he would be more skilled.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2008 11:56 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

One has to remember that Martin has training, and that Wallace was fighting on pure rage.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2008 12:17 AM
Bardock42

One has to remember that Martin has training, and that Wallace was fighting on pure rage.

W-what movie were you watching?

Old Post Jul 27th, 2008 12:17 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

W-what movie were you watching?
Was there a scene where Wallace obtained military oriented training? I forget.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2008 12:19 AM
Bardock42

I think there is one where he comes back after being trained by that Uncle guy (I thought that included military training)

Old Post Jul 27th, 2008 12:24 AM
Röland
Masked Vigilante

There was no scene but Braveheart was set in a time where men were brought up as warriors and fighters.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2008 12:24 AM
Röland
Masked Vigilante

I think there is one where he comes back after being trained by that Uncle guy (I thought that included military training)

Yes, correct, his Uncle did train him and his Uncle looked pretty battle hardened.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2008 12:25 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hmm....good point.

Who do you think has the advantage when it comes to who fights with more rage?

Old Post Jul 27th, 2008 12:26 AM
Bardock42

Hmm....good point.

Probably Martin. Shouldn't matter overall though.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2008 12:27 AM
Röland
Masked Vigilante

Hmm....good point.

Both are pretty equal in my eyes.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2008 12:28 AM