KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Ash VS Mad Max

Ash VS Mad Max
Started by: Sado22

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ash VS Mad Max

at the end of Evil Dead2 when Ash gets locked in the portal, instead of winding up back in time, Ash goes to the post apocolyptic future of Mad Max. landing in the middle of no where, Ash finds himself confronted by Max who thinks Ash is yet another punk.
armed with his chainsaw and shotgun, Ash exchanges fire with Max and the battle is on. Max carries his shotgun and handgun (and knife). fight takes place in run down factory.

Who wins?

Old Post Dec 31st, 2008 03:31 PM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Well if its 'Mediocre-not-very-mad-Max' from MM3, then he is dead meat in a swift Ash win.... stick out tongue

Can the factory be the Marvin Acme's gag factory from "Who framed Roger Rabbit...?"

(The battle might be more entertaining watching them kill each other with mallets that shoot sprung loaded boxing gloves and shit, than the usual "Robocop drug factory/Cyberdyne factory/Freddy's Basement" kind of insidious generic gloom..)

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Dec 31st, 2008 at 03:44 PM

Old Post Dec 31st, 2008 03:39 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Max doesnt have a handgun in the movies. And Max's shotgun is too unreliable, it misifres sometimes. Ash pwns.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2008 05:05 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Tight battle...but I go with MM.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2008 08:18 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Max wins this.

For one, at this point Ash has only been a badass for several hours. Ash has only been fighting for a short period of time where as Max has been fighting for almost his entire life. Although Ash is a certified badass he gets lucky. Max is constantly attacking danger. He took out an entire convoy of heavily armed vehicles.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 07:04 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Firstly, no handgun for Max, he doesnt have one in the movies.

Secondly, Ash's shotgun has far more range.

Thirdly, if it comes to close quarters combat, dude, Ash has a CHAINSAW.

What has Max really done with his shotgun, besides shoot a handful of losers in the Road Warrior?

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 07:07 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Just because Max doesn't have a handgun in the movie's shouldn't suggest that he doesn't know how to use them. He was a cop, you know. Max has just displayed more impressive feats to me than what ash did by the end of Evil Dead 2. Didn't Max fight someone with a chainsaw in Thunderdome?

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 07:12 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Ash also fough his Evil version in Army of Darkness without his shotgun if i remember.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 07:18 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Just because Max doesn't have a handgun in the movie's shouldn't suggest that he doesn't know how to use them. He was a cop, you know. Max has just displayed more impressive feats to me than what ash did by the end of Evil Dead 2. Didn't Max fight someone with a chainsaw in Thunderdome?
Forum rules dictate that we can only arm them with what they use in the movies. Yes, Max had a chainsaw in thunderdome, but the thread starter didnt specify if it is Mad Max 2 or 3.

BTW: Max was shit with the chainsaw. All he did was chop some elactic rope thingies, then the chainsaw DIED.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 07:23 AM
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

well, standard equipment for Max. i forgot about the handgun but as someone pointed out...if he can use a shotgun i think he can use a handgun.
as for close quarter fight with chainsaw-Ash, well, Max has fought lot of worse things in his time. remember the huge dude he fought in thunderdome? Ash, despite how badass he is, is simply a college kid running on adernaline. while Max is berserker with lots of guns, experience and a whole lotta madness to share.

~Sado

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 07:41 AM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Sado22
well, standard equipment for Max. i forgot about the handgun but as someone pointed out...if he can use a shotgun i think he can use a handgun.
as for close quarter fight with chainsaw-Ash, well, Max has fought lot of worse things in his time. remember the huge dude he fought in thunderdome? Ash, despite how badass he is, is simply a college kid running on adernaline. while Max is berserker with lots of guns, experience and a whole lotta madness to share.

~Sado
Max got lucky as hell in thunderdome, he beat dude with a damn whistle.

Look at Ash's actions in Army of Darkness, he took on a whole army of undead.

Max has lots of guns? How do you figure that? He has ONE gun, his shotgun.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 07:44 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Max doesnt have a handgun in the movies. And Max's shotgun is too unreliable, it misifres sometimes. Ash pwns.

Hey that cartridge would have misfired in Ash's shooter too.

It was the cartridge he found that was shit, not Max's gun..

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 10:43 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Hey that cartridge would have misfired in Ash's shooter too.

It was the cartridge he found that was shit, not Max's gun..
Indeed, and he is using those same cartridges, isnt he?

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 11:07 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

He has new working cartridges... like the ones he had prior to running out before the beginning of MM2... shifty

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 12:08 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Fine, but again, what did we really see him do with the shotgun.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 02:24 PM
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Forum rules dictate that we can only arm them with what they use in the movies. Yes, Max had a chainsaw in thunderdome, but the thread starter didnt specify if it is Mad Max 2 or 3.

BTW: Max was shit with the chainsaw. All he did was chop some elactic rope thingies, then the chainsaw DIED.

aww come on, it's a handgun. It's not like he is giving him a rocket launcher. I mean, i know that if max had a handgun, Ash wouldn't have a chance what so ever but still.

I agree, Max did kind of get lucky in Thunderdome but he still outwitted his opponent and if we are going by the rules we cannot introduce Ashs; feats from Army of Darkness because it hasn't happened yet. This is apart of why i chose Max over Ash. At this point Ash is still nothing but a guy who went crazy and chopped his hand off. Max on the other hand has been fighting, hunting and killing hordes of bloodthirsty enemies for years. That is what Max does, that is what his life is dedicated to. As for Ashs' chainsaw i really dont know how much that will actually benefit him. It may actually put him at a disadvantage. Other than slowing him down Max will know exactly what Ashs' tactics are...,slash with the chainsaw. Considering that Max is very intelligent and has spent his life fighting im sure he could exploit that as a weakness.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 03:32 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
aww come on, it's a handgun. It's not like he is giving him a rocket launcher. I mean, i know that if max had a handgun, Ash wouldn't have a chance what so ever but still.

I agree, Max did kind of get lucky in Thunderdome but he still outwitted his opponent and if we are going by the rules we cannot introduce Ashs; feats from Army of Darkness because it hasn't happened yet. This is apart of why i chose Max over Ash. At this point Ash is still nothing but a guy who went crazy and chopped his hand off. Max on the other hand has been fighting, hunting and killing hordes of bloodthirsty enemies for years. That is what Max does, that is what his life is dedicated to. As for Ashs' chainsaw i really dont know how much that will actually benefit him. It may actually put him at a disadvantage. Other than slowing him down Max will know exactly what Ashs' tactics are...,slash with the chainsaw. Considering that Max is very intelligent and has spent his life fighting im sure he could exploit that as a weakness.
Max outwitted a buffoon with the mind of a child laughing out loud Not a feat by any means.

Why cant we judge Ash's feats in Army of Darkness? thread starter never specified that. If we are gonna be literal, then we can only use Mad Max from the first Mad Max movie, because he said "Mad Max." he didnt say "The Road Warrior" or "Thunderdome."

No handgun, dude, Impediment is very strict in enforcing forum rules here. His rules, not mine.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 06:18 PM
jinXed by JaNx

He said at the end of Evil dead 2, thus Ash never went to medieval times. Mad Max is just an easier way of identifying Max at least that is how i took it but maybe he did mean the first Mad max movie. Where the hell are you sado? we need some clarifyin

Max took out and entire convoy in minutes by going from vehicle to vehicle and destroyed an encampment of crazed cannibalistic punks with nothing more than a shotgun and his wits. Whether or not these big brutes are mensa members they have spent their lives making a living by killing and pillaging. I think it would be safe to compare most of Ashs' enemies to Maxs' enemies as far as intelligence goes. Ashs' enemies have supernatural powers but Max fights dozens at a time and has been doing it almost his entire life. One is a battle hardened harden warrior and the other is an S mart employee with a crude understanding of physics and a basic awareness in chemistry.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 06:54 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

We need dude to specify thread conditions before we proceed.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 07:10 PM
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

all feats from all three movies count.
as for "what other guns" i suggest you people watch Mad Max 3 again. he had like 10 things on him when asked to take out all his weapons, ranging from guns to knives to more guns erm

quote:

Ditto.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 09:42 PM