KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Marv vs The Joker

Marv vs The Joker
Started by: Prime#

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Prime#

Marv vs The Joker

Marv confronts the joker at the Farm he fought kevin at. The Joker has 10 henchmen all with standard equipment. Marv has a hatchet and the element of surprise. Can he do it?

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2009 08:00 AM
Prime# is currently offline Click here to Send Prime# a Private Message Find more posts by Prime# Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

of course he can! when was the last time Joker could fight anyway? the guy had this ONE PIS-RIDDEN incident where he turned around and fought Batman. but aside from that he's always been a wimp.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2009 08:59 AM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

guns?

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2009 10:08 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master Crimzon
Baby Killer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sado22
of course he can! when was the last time Joker could fight anyway? the guy had this ONE PIS-RIDDEN incident where he turned around and fought Batman. but aside from that he's always been a wimp.

... ah, yes, Sado. Didn't we already go through this "Joker is a wimp" notion when we debated Joker vs. Punisher?

Even if we through scenes from the film, he's definitely not. As thus:

1. Displays reflexes, strength, and even potential martial arts skill when he twists a physically imposing thug's arm behind his back and slams his head, directly so his eye sticks into a pencil.

2. With the help of his thugs, manages to hold Batman off for a bit and even injures him, when he stabs him with a knife emerging from his boot.

3. Displays absolute resistance and immunity to pain when Batman beats on him during the interrogation scene. In fact, he laughs and displays a masochistic pleasure at being hit with Batman's full strength, which includes slamming him into a window with enough force to crack it.

4. Beats and takes control of a police officer who was sent to guard him (knowing the Joker's danger level, this would imply that his guard had to be well-trained). Note; taking control of your opponent is more difficult than just beating them into submission.

5. This is a minor one, but when Harvey is in the hospital, Joker releases him from his restraints. Harvey attempts to grab him. Joker, with no apparent effort, restrains him and stops him from moving.

6. Yeah, as you can clearly see from the above mentioned posts, the final fight is not PIS. In fact, there is absolutely nothing to suggest it is PIS. Using trickery and preparation, Joker manages to attack Batman with enough force to stop him from launching a sufficient counterattack. All while not trying to kill him.

Not saying he's the best fighter ever (he's definitely not), but he's smart, resourceful, and at least good enough to not be considered a 'wimp'.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2009 11:26 AM
Master Crimzon is currently offline Click here to Send Master Crimzon a Private Message Find more posts by Master Crimzon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
guns?

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2009 11:48 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prime#

Ya, the henchmen have guns

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2009 06:00 PM
Prime# is currently offline Click here to Send Prime# a Private Message Find more posts by Prime# Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Then Marv is pwned.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2009 06:01 PM
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
... ah, yes, Sado. Didn't we already go through this "Joker is a wimp" notion when we debated Joker vs. Punisher?

i was talking about the movie one actually. isn't this Heath Ledger Joker we're talking about? confused

quote:
Then Marv is pwned.

do you know how many times Marv was shot in the hardgoodbye? they counted it and there were 60+ shots fired at Marv and lots of them hit him too. the SWAT he took down at the beginning and when Lucile died were armed with MP5's )takes 30 seconds for a clip to be emptied) and he still pwned them......with a Machette.

Marv>>>Joker

~Sado

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2009 07:23 PM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Is it documented how many times he wss hit, if any, by the machine gun wielding SWAT team?

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2009 07:44 PM
Master Crimzon
Baby Killer

Originally posted by Sado22
i was talking about the movie one actually. isn't this Heath Ledger Joker we're talking about? confused

It is, but you used the phrase 'he's always been a wimp'. Always would imply out of the specific movie.

'Sides, Heath's Joker was actually more of a fighter than the typical comic book Joker.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2009 07:56 PM
Master Crimzon is currently offline Click here to Send Master Crimzon a Private Message Find more posts by Master Crimzon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Master Crimzon
It is, but you used the phrase 'he's always been a wimp'. Always would imply out of the specific movie.

'Sides, Heath's Joker was actually more of a fighter than the typical comic book Joker.

He wasn't much of a fighter, not at all. He surprised one thug who completely underestimated him, ie a guy in a clown suit. Subdued a fat older cop, somehow. Wildly swung a pipe and kicked at Batman. He does have brains though.

I would have thought the TDK sillyness would have died out by now, then again, the DVD came out recently.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Jan 4th, 2009 at 12:08 PM

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 12:04 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

It really depends if Marv falls for the "How about a magic trick" trick.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 12:11 PM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Placidity
It really depends if Marv falls for the "How about a magic trick" trick.

Joker lacks the physical strength to man-handle Marv; even if he did, a pencil wouldn't take him out.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 12:14 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Robtard

I would have thought the TDK sillyness would have died out by now, then again, the DVD came out recently.

What Sillyness are you refering to ?

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 12:16 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Is it documented how many times he wss hit, if any, by the machine gun wielding SWAT team?

They opened fire and riddled him with machine-gun fire and they hit him enough to take him down, though not kill. Considering Marv has some degree of super-levels of durability, it had to be more than just a few bullets.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 12:17 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Kazenji
What silliness are you refering to ?

The TDK silliness that was rampant in here right after the film came out. Did you miss it?

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 12:18 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

They opened fire and riddled him with machine-gun fire and they hit him enough to take him down, though not kill. Considering Marv has some degree of super-levels of durability, it had to be more than just a few bullets.
I am talking about the fight at the farm, not at the church.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 12:36 PM
Master Crimzon
Baby Killer

He wasn't much of a fighter, not at all. He surprised one thug who completely underestimated him, ie a guy in a clown suit. Subdued a fat older cop, somehow. Wildly swung a pipe and kicked at Batman. He does have brains though.

Not saying he's the best fighter ever (definitely not implying he could take on Marv in a direct fight), but he's a good fighter. At least that.

I was just replying to Sado's claim that Joker is a 'wimp'. Throughout the film, he repeatedly displayed that he has some skill. Besides, being able to attack Batman with enough power (granted; just through aggression and physical strength) to prevent him from launching a counterattack is at least somewhat impressive.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 01:48 PM
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

IIRC Bats was busy getting his balls bit by the dogs to really concentrate on Joker.
@Crimson: just cuz he fought bats ONCE in like what 20 years of being a baddie makes it pretty much always in my books. if you run away 99 times out of 100, even if you win that one time it still makes you a wimp.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 04:10 PM
Master Crimzon
Baby Killer

Decide. Are we debating TDK or comic Joker? I've shown you feats and reasoning proving that both are, at the very least, good fighters.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 06:37 PM