KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Leonidas vs. Aragorn

Leonidas vs. Aragorn
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Leonidas vs. Aragorn

The King of Sparta versus the King of Minas Tirith.

Both are equipped with a sword and shield.

Fight is in the Hot Gates.

Which king shall prevail?

Old Post Mar 6th, 2009 07:43 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Crap! Can someone move this?

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2009 07:44 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aztec123
Host of A Ghost.

I like Aragon better, but Leonidas wins this hands down. imo..
I think Leonidas vs. Achilles and Aragon vs. Hector would have been better matches.. but whatever it's your threat lol

Old Post Mar 7th, 2009 05:53 AM
Aztec123 is currently offline Click here to Send Aztec123 a Private Message Find more posts by Aztec123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

What amazing skills did Leonidas show one on one?

Old Post Mar 7th, 2009 06:01 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

He showed nigh superhuman physical attributes and killed a large tiger with a spear when he was a boy.

But, sword and shield, it is much closer.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2009 06:46 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Also, one of his warriors who was more than likely weaker than him, killed a giant rhino. Also, he killed that 8ft+ monstrosity that looked like a mini giant from RE4.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2009 07:48 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Aragorn would win this match easily in my eyes. Leonidas relied on his men, just like any other Spartan.Aragorn is more of a lone warrior. Aragorn advanced through hordes of orcs like they were nothing.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2009 07:58 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mr.smiley

Leonidas is a supreame bad ass, but I really don't think he will take down Aragorn.
I think Leonidas has the upperhand during the beginning on the fight, but Aragorn will outwit him and take the win.

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Old Post Mar 7th, 2009 03:36 PM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Leonidas is hands down superior physically in everyway. He also has more experience.

Leonidas quite handly.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2009 07:29 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Admiral Akbar

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Leonidas is hands down superior physically in everyway. He also has more experience.

Leonidas quite handly.

More experience? Aragon is what? 70 years old? I think it's safe to say he has more experience that Leonidas.

When the darkness comes, keep an eye on the light no matter how far away it seems.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2009 05:59 PM
Admiral Akbar is currently offline Click here to Send Admiral Akbar a Private Message Find more posts by Admiral Akbar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Aragorn is the far better swordsman/fighter. I doubt Lenidas, despite all his strength, could land a serious blow on Aragorn.

I think Aragorn wins this by slowly picking Leonidas apart.

Aragorn is 80+ (88 in the books). He tells this to the king's daughter (forget her name) in the extended version.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Mar 8th, 2009 at 06:45 PM

Old Post Mar 8th, 2009 06:41 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Originally posted by Admiral Akbar
70 years old?
Based on what?

Old Post Mar 8th, 2009 06:46 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Darth Martin
Based on what?

The movie and he's actually older than 80.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 8th, 2009 06:53 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

How is Leonidas more experienced? The movies suggest just the opposite.

Helms deep is easily comparable to Thermopylae. In fact, the battle at Helms deep was inspired by Thermopylae. This is why, originally, there were only something like, 300 men at Helms deep. This is neither here nor there though, Helms Deep lasted only a night but it was Aragorns presence that gave the men the morale to fight. I only bring this up because it shows that Aragorn, like Leonidas brings morale to the men around him.

We see Aragorn fighting Orcs and other inhuman beasts that dwarf Humans in size and strength. Aragorn cut through Hordes of enemies (alone) with great ease and with no shield. He is a masterful swordsman.
Leonidas is a badass for sure but his strength comes primarily from the men around him. This is how Spartans fight. We never really saw Leonidas fight without the aid of his men. I'm not trying to suggest that he can't but the Spartans fighting strategy relies on the men around them. We have, however, seen Aragorn take down small groups of Orcs, alone.

Aragorn is the better swordsman and from what the movies have shown us, he is much more battle hardened. The only problem i see Aragorn having is Leonidas' shield. A spartans shield is an extention of their body. The shield could prove to be a problem.

Last edited by jinXed by JaNx on Mar 8th, 2009 at 08:17 PM

Old Post Mar 8th, 2009 08:15 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote