KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Storm Troopers vs. Starship Troopers

Storm Troopers vs. Starship Troopers
Started by: six6six

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
six6six
Droog

Storm Troopers vs. Starship Troopers

(please log in to view the image)

vs.

(please log in to view the image)

-Now, just so we're straight, these are the Storm Troopers from Episode 4,5 & 6, NOT Clone Troopers from Episode 2 & 3. It's funny cuz the Clone Troopers seemed so much more advanced then the ST, but its old school, so it's all good and makes it a better fight. IMO, CT would rape the Starship Troopers.

-All hand weapons shown in films.

-No vehicles allowed, this is a "on foot" battle. (meaning AT-ST, AT-AT, etc.)

-battle takes place on Klendathu (planet where all those bug-like creatures lived in SST).

Old Post Jun 10th, 2009 04:44 PM
six6six is currently offline Click here to Send six6six a Private Message Find more posts by six6six Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Stormtroopers overwhelm them with sheer numbers and advanced weaponry.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2009 09:37 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
six6six
Droog

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Stormtroopers overwhelm them with sheer numbers and advanced weaponry.

Personally, I go with Storm Troopers all day, but you gotta give SST some credit, they did take out a whole lotta them bug things. The bugs would take longer to put down then a simple Storm Trooper. Yes ST's have lazers, but it dont mean that bullets cant hurt them either.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2009 09:42 PM
six6six is currently offline Click here to Send six6six a Private Message Find more posts by six6six Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by six6six
Personally, I go with Storm Troopers all day, but you gotta give SST some credit, they did take out a whole lotta them bug things. The bugs would take longer to put down then a simple Storm Trooper. Yes ST's have lazers, but it dont mean that bullets cant hurt them either.
The bugs weren't shooting back, and for all we know, Starship trooper ammo will bounce right off Stormtrooper armor.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2009 09:51 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
six6six
Droog

The bugs weren't shooting back, and for all we know, Starship trooper ammo will bounce right off Stormtrooper armor.

Yes, they weren't shooting back, however, the SST were WAY outnumbered and the bugs were pretty quick. As for the armor thing, you may as well forget that argument cause I cant prove that it CAN and you can't prove that it CAN'T GET pierced by a bullet. I'll tell you this much though, the Ewoks sure gave the ST a beating and the had rocks and sticks.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2009 10:03 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Clone Troopers vs Stormtroopers AND Starship Troopers.......... I wonder.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2009 10:04 PM
six6six
Droog

Clone Troopers vs Stormtroopers AND Starship Troopers.......... I wonder.

You know, the Clone Troopers were pretty out-of-hand. Their weaponary was FAR better then the ST's.....which is pretty funny. Id still have to say CT > ST&SST. They also had force fields and stuff. CT's would stomp.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2009 10:12 PM
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

ewok arrows were able to pierce stormtrooper armor and kill in one shot. in addition a single judo throw by han solo knocked a storm trooper out cold.

so im going to go ahead and say that the starship trooper marines will win if they have equal numbers, based on the fact that bullets will be more devastating (in that lasers cauterize wounds instantly meaning if get shot and dont die you're still good to go whereas a bullet wound will bleed profusely and can result in you losing an entire limb if its not taken care of.) then lasers, and because the star ship trooeprs have better area of effect weaponry. as weve seen from the movies they have nuclear tipped missile launchers that can cover hundreds of feet meaning the storm trooper team can lose potentially 50-100 guys in a couple of shots, comapred to the storm troopers only AOE weaponry being thermal detonators.

man-to-man the stormtrooeprs dont have advanced enough weaponry for it give them any type of edge. they can only win with superior numbers or with air support. the Empire's main strength has always been in their air superiority. their ground froces are weak compared to most sci-fi armies.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2009 10:18 PM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Are sandtroopers and snowtroopers included?

Old Post Jun 10th, 2009 10:19 PM
six6six
Droog

Are sandtroopers and snowtroopers included?

All troopers that were in Episode 4,5 & 6. Just no Clone Troopers.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2009 10:23 PM
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

what difference would that make? e11 blaster rifles are inferior to the Morita rifle which can penetrate 2 inches of steel titanium with one shot. erm

the snow troopers would actually have a hard time fighting because they been trained compeltely to fight in snow enviroments as opposed to other enviroments. their armor is designed for fighting the cold as well. so theyd be at a set-back.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2009 10:24 PM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by WO Polaski
what difference would that make? e11 blaster rifles are inferior to the Morita rifle which can penetrate 2 inches of steel titanium with one shot. erm

the snow troopers would actually have a hard time fighting because they been trained compeltely to fight in snow enviroments as opposed to other enviroments. their armor is designed for fighting the cold as well. so theyd be at a set-back.
And E11 rifles burn right through you, every hit goes all the way through, guaranteed. Snow and Sand troopers had heavier weaponry.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2009 10:35 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Rico's roughnecks would turn the tide, it's just what they do. Also of note, Storm Troopers are shown to be fumbling morons with the shittiest of shit aim.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Jun 10th, 2009 at 10:49 PM

Old Post Jun 10th, 2009 10:41 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

goes right through? really?

like when leia was shot by one in the shoulder and it didnt go through?

we've never once seen an e-11 blast go "right through" anybody in the movies.

as for the heavy weaponry, what heavy weaponry did they use that was shown in the actual movies? the only thing I can think of is that heavy repeating blaster canon the stormtroopers used in ESB. how is that going to help them against an enemy that has a weapon capable of vaporizing everything in a hundred foot radius instantly?

Old Post Jun 10th, 2009 10:41 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by WO Polaski
goes right through? really?

like when leia was shot by one in the shoulder and it didnt go through?

we've never once seen an e-11 blast go "right through" anybody in the movies.

as for the heavy weaponry, what heavy weaponry did they use that was shown in the actual movies? the only thing I can think of is that heavy repeating blaster canon the stormtroopers used in ESB. how is that going to help them against an enemy that has a weapon capable of vaporizing everything in a hundred foot radius instantly?
Dude it's a laser, lasers burn right through you. Leia was shot in the arm, not shoulder, wasnt she?

I was just saying heavy weaponry is an advantage.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2009 10:50 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

As far as personal guns are concerned, both the ST and SST rifles can kill each other in one hit, so it's a moot point.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2009 10:54 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

no they dont. everytime weve seen someone get shot by them that doesnt happen so regardless of what what the movies shows goes. and leia was shot in the shoulder and it didnt go through.

an advantage means an edge you have against someone or something that doesnt possess a similar edge. in this case, you say that they have an advantage because they heavy weaponry. thats NOT an advantage because the weaponry the troopers have is superior in every single way.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2009 10:55 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

whoa.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2009 11:22 PM
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

i feel like the way i talk puts people off. am i too aggressive?

Old Post Jun 10th, 2009 11:40 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Depends, would you take anal and like it?

Old Post Jun 10th, 2009 11:50 PM