KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Robocop vs. Batman

Robocop vs. Batman
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Impediment
Endless

Robocop vs. Batman

I recently watched Robocop for the first time in years and, for some reason, I figured this might be an interesting match.

Robocop is recruited from OCP by the GCPD to hunt down Batman after his "alleged" murder of Harvey Dent at the end of The Dark Knight film. Robo is in Gotham and spies the Batmobile. Robo whips out the big cannon-ass weapon that he used to kill the ED-209 at the end of the Robo film. The Batmobile is destroyed, along with the spare Bat-pod. Bats, upon emerging from the rubble, sees Robo reaching into his leg for his piece. Bats throws a Batarang at Robo, hitting him in the visor, and inadvertently messes up Robos targeting system, so Robo cannot auto lock onto targets (If he did, this would be spite). Batman has all of his batarangs, cables, and gizmos. Robo has his piece, and, of course, his cyborg strength and durability.

Fight takes place at the same street intersection where Joker crashed the 18 wheeler. Batman, obviously, has nowhere to grapple onto to fly away and hide. There are cars and Batmobile rubble for cover.

Is this fight even? I apologize, but my thread ideas as of late have been lackluster. I need to find some fresh ideas.

“Dreams shape the world."

Last edited by Impediment on Dec 2nd, 2009 at 12:55 AM

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2009 12:51 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: Robocop vs. Batman.

Hope you watched the directors cut, if not, you suck.

If Batman gets to use the Tumbler, he has a chance. Otherwise, Robocop shoots him in the face, with perfect aim.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2009 12:55 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

What did I just say? Robo cant auto-lock. Batman has cars & shit for cover.

Ass.

And, yeah. The DC was AWESOME!! Murphy got F*CKED UP!!

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2009 12:57 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Did Robo autolock on all his amazing marksmanship feats?

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2009 12:59 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I'm.......pretty sure?

I mean, he is a effing cyborg. One would think that his peripheral vision and depth perception is kinda screwed after his horrible ordeal.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2009 01:02 AM
Blinky
Android First Class

From what I remember from the first RoboCop, his fight with ED 209 (and getting hit with thousands of rounds- by cops) f*cked-up his targeting system. After the battle, Louis (sp) helped him adapt and he easily adjusted to the errors in his targeting system. So - he has experience shooting without auto-target and had great aim. Batman is pumped full of lead.

BTW- The murphy death scene is beyond f*cking brutal - top notch.

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead."

Last edited by Blinky on Dec 2nd, 2009 at 01:33 AM

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2009 01:30 AM
Blinky is currently offline Click here to Send Blinky a Private Message Find more posts by Blinky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Not that I'm trying to seem fanboy-ish here, but even if Bats, with his ninja speed/reflexes, hides behind cover?

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2009 01:33 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hmm, interesting.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2009 01:34 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blinky
Android First Class

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
Not that I'm trying to seem fanboy-ish here, but even if Bats, with his ninja speed/reflexes, hides behind cover?

Due to movie magic -- Robo's side piece has unlimited ammo and is fully automatic... Wayne's ninja skills can't help him dodge hundreds of bullets.

Last edited by Blinky on Dec 2nd, 2009 at 01:39 AM

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2009 01:36 AM
Blinky is currently offline Click here to Send Blinky a Private Message Find more posts by Blinky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mhm, we established that in the McClane/Batman thread.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2009 01:39 AM
Blinky
Android First Class

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Mhm, we established that in the McClane/Batman thread.

Sarcasm? Hard to tell with you, RJ.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2009 01:40 AM
Impediment
Endless

Just for fun, here is the uncut Murphy death scene:

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2009 01:40 AM
Impediment
Endless

Originally posted by Blinky
Due to movie magic -- Robo's side piece has unlimited ammo and is fully automatic... Wayne's ninja skills can't help him dodge hundreds of bullets.

Does Robo, indeed, have unlimited ammo? I was never quite sure.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2009 01:41 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dude at the end who got toxic waste spilled on him then ran over was better.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2009 01:42 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Impediment
What did I just say? Robo cant auto-lock. Batman has cars & shit for cover.

Ass.

And, yeah. The DC was AWESOME!! Murphy got F*CKED UP!!

Like I read the whole thread before I responded, who does that!? You go aTm.

In that case, if Robo has ****ed up targeting and Batman has his sticky-bomb gun and ample cover to dart around from, he has a decent chance.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2009 02:01 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Makes sense that Robo has some sort of onboard repair program. Like if his targeting system is ****ed, it repairs it.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2009 02:02 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Makes sense that Robo has some sort of onboard repair program. Like if his targeting system is ****ed, it repairs it.

No, he goes to the shop for repairs.

Lewis physically helped him make the corrections/adjustments, with her aiming skills.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2009 02:10 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh well, it was a theory. He should have it IMO.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2009 02:11 AM
Blinky
Android First Class

So nobody thinks that even without his targeting system he could tag Batman? I think that given the fact that his sidearm can shoot hundreds of rounds (without reloading), probability is on Robo's side. His targeting system wouldn't be dead on -- that does NOT mean it would be shot totally to shit.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2009 02:21 AM
Impediment
Endless

My point was that Robo is not a targeting God without his auto-target function.

Louis did, in fact, help him, but only in such a circumstance.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2009 02:45 AM