KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » John McClane versus Rambo...

John McClane versus Rambo...
Started by: Rogue Jedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

John McClane versus Rambo...

First of all, NOT a spite thread. Read on and be objective....

Rambo happens to be in Nakatomi as Hans and his cronies attack. McClane and Rambo obviously make quick work of them.

McClane is on his way to get Holly, who has been hiding in her office. Rambo is on his way to the lobby. They run into one another on the mid levels of Nakatomi. Mac thinks Rambo is a terrorist, and vice versa.

Both are at full strength, no injuries (Mac has no glass in his feet.)

Mac has his Beretta with 5 spare mags, and his submachine gun with 8 spare mags.

Rambo has a .45 with 3 spare mags, and Karl's machine gun with five spare mags. No bowie knife. he broke it off in Karl's ass.

As the battle begins, they are around 50 feet from each other, and there is cover everywhere.

Who wins?

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2010 02:17 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Rambo. Cause he is more skilled, has better damage soak, and killed more people in all of his films.

Also, Rambo is a better shot, and a faster shot.

Also, Rambo was and is in better shape than John McClane ever was or is.

Rambo also is a better H2H fighter.

Rambo doesn't need luck. He makes his own luck by ripping Luck's head off, biting out it's Larynx and using the larynx as chewing tobacco, and shooting people through Luck's bowels, just to silence his shots.

Last edited by dadudemon on Jan 1st, 2010 at 02:34 AM

Old Post Jan 1st, 2010 02:31 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

I agree, but you gotta remember Mac has experience fighting in this environment, Rambo does not.

Damage soak is close, I dunno how well Rambo would have done with glass in his feet.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2010 02:34 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
I agree, but you gotta remember Mac has experience fighting in this environment, Rambo does not.

No he doesn't. If McClane is in the Nakomi building, this is Die Hard 1. They both would have equal experience, at that point.

Damage soak is close, I dunno how well Rambo would have done with glass in his feet.

I disagree. Rambo survived with bullets in his abdoomen. Rambo wouldn't have even flinched when he stepped into the class. He would have just used the shards in his feet to roundhouse kick and decapitate someone's head of and then said, "American. American." while pointing to himself.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2010 02:37 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Agreed, but Mac seemed to take to it like a duck to water.

Bullets in the abdomen?

Old Post Jan 1st, 2010 02:45 AM
dadudemon

Agreed, but Mac seemed to take to it like a duck to water.

Bullets in the abdomen?

I meant "bullet"

But, it was actually shrapnel.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2010 02:50 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

It was in his side.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2010 02:52 AM
dadudemon

It was in his side.

It was through his abdomen. Front to back. That would include the side. But calling it just "the side" would greatly downnlay what actually happened there. It was not just a superficial graze. It was through his abdomen. Front to back.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2010 03:03 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

I wonder how well Rambo would fare with glass in his feet.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2010 03:05 AM
dadudemon

I wonder how well Rambo would fare with glass in his feet.

Originally posted by dadudemon
Rambo wouldn't have even flinched when he stepped into the [g]lass. He would have just used the shards in his feet to roundhouse kick and decapitate someone's head of and then said, "American. American." while pointing to himself.

big grin

Old Post Jan 1st, 2010 03:09 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

I dont think its such an easy Rambo victory, dude.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2010 03:26 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Rambo. Cause he is more skilled, has better damage soak, and killed more people in all of his films.

Rambo doesn't need luck. He makes his own luck by ripping Luck's head off, biting out it's Larynx and using the larynx as chewing tobacco, and shooting people through Luck's bowels, just to silence his shots.

Better shot that a man whom, with a snubnose 38, took out a phone cable from like 40 ft away...?
Faster/better shot than a man who drew a ducttaped pistol (from behind his shoulders, no less) and immediately headshotted one guy and caught the other guy while he was partially covered by a hostage...? Rambos more of a machine gun sprayer.

I totally agree that Rambo's physical fitness was better/sharper than McClane's in the first three Rambo movies..
But many many of McClane's victims have been fitter than he was.
Ultimately, all it made them in the end was a fitter corpse.

Yeah H2H is something that I'll have to take your word for, as its been ages since I watched these movies, and I largely remember most of Rambos action being shooting, stabbing kinda stuff.
And all that world class fort bragg training and stuff..?
McClane killed a couple of squads of those guys in DH2 alone.

Actually Rambo has needed luck. He wouldn't ever have made it out of that gourge in FB otherwise.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Jan 1st, 2010 11:03 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Better shot that a man whom, with a snubnose 38, took out a phone cable from like 40 ft away...?
Faster/better shot than a man who drew a ducttaped pistol (from behind his shoulders, no less) and immediately headshotted one guy and caught the other guy while he was partially covered by a hostage...? Rambos more of a machine gun sprayer.

I totally agree that Rambo's physical fitness was better/sharper than McClane's in the first three Rambo movies..

Yeah H2H is something that I'll have to take your word for, as its been ages since I watched these movies, and I largely remember most of Rambos action being shooting, stabbing kinda stuff.

Actually Rambo has needed luck. He wouldn't ever have made it out of that gourge in FB otherwise.

The gorge? You mean where he killed Galt, and got the arm scar?

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2010 06:53 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

thumb up

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2010 07:02 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Rambo is not a better shot, man.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2010 07:04 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Rambo is not a better shot, man.

what shots of mcclane's do you think make him better than rambo?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2010 07:09 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth

Case closed.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2010 07:11 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by -Pr-
what shots of mcclane's do you think make him better than rambo?
The .38 snub nose shot sadako quoted.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2010 07:17 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

The .38 snub nose shot sadako quoted.

ah. that was pretty impressive. i'd still take rambo, though, tbh.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2010 07:19 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

As for the damage soak question:

Rambo is trained to deal with pain, to take damage and keep on going. McClane? He just....you know......does it. No training like Rambo, he just sucks it up and presses on.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2010 07:41 AM