KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Michael Myers versus Marv

Michael Myers versus Marv
Started by: Rogue Jedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Michael Myers versus Marv.....

I couldn't find a thread on this here, but if it has been done, apologies....

Marv from "Sin City" is looking for Goldie's killer, he is combing the streets of Basin City. He runs into Michael Myers (From both "Rob Zombie's Halloween"), and thinks Michael is the killer.

Michael is armed with a butcher knife, Marv with a hatchet. Fight is to the death, at night.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2010 02:20 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Marv is faster, smarter, and more experienced than Myers, bar none.

Marv also has more damage soak seeing as how he took a lot of abuse from Kevin, the hookers of Old Town, and even from the electric chair.

Myers is too slow for even a chance against Marv.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jan 24th, 2010 08:35 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Speed? Marv was slow as molasses.

Strength? Michael lifted a car.

Damage soak? Michael was shot 4 times with a .357. Once in the face, right?

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Last edited by Rogue Jedi on Jan 24th, 2010 at 10:28 PM

Old Post Jan 24th, 2010 10:26 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Marv demonstrated his speed when he fled Goldie's apartment, flew down the steps, through the cruiser's windshield, and then into the water to evade police capture.

He's fast.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2010 10:53 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wait, Marv falling through the air is a speed feat?

Old Post Jan 24th, 2010 11:08 PM
Impediment
Endless

Besides that, Marv evaded the law dogs. I mean, is there any other way to see it?

Myers would just stand there like a monolith.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2010 12:27 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dogs as in woof?

Old Post Jan 25th, 2010 12:31 AM
Impediment
Endless

No, I mean the cops. Law Dogs. Remember from "Tombstone"? Ike called Earp and his boys Law Dogs.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2010 12:47 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

He escaped......in a car.......He didn't like outrun them.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2010 12:52 AM
Impediment
Endless

Agreed.

Marv ran, though. He moves.

Mike just stands there and acts in order to kill.

In Halloween II, he stood there and let the rednecks beat him down, then he got up, slowly, I might add, and, then, killed them.

I mean, just going by screen feats, Marv would stick & move, with the hatchet you say he has, and carve Mikey up like Turkey Day, IMO.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2010 01:20 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

How many of Michael's victims demanded tha he do more than just stand there and stab away? Zero if I recall correctly.

"I'm Joe Grizzly, *****!!!"....He got violated like a whore on Halloween. Odds are Michael will get ahold of Marv, stab away, away and away, until Marv is no more.

Think about the scene where Marv pwns the group of cops with the hatchet, Michael, he didn;t look any faster than Michael. Speed: Probably even, MAYBE slightly towards Marv.

Also, think about when Marv was shot after killing Rutger Hauer. He was hit by like 5 or 6 9mm bullets, and he was down for the count, ended up in the ER. Michael? He took I think four .357 rounds from the Doc then one to the face from Laurie, and he recovered on his own. Damage soak: Michael.

Michael overturned a car with Laurie inside. Strength: Michael.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2010 01:30 AM
Impediment
Endless

Marv still wins.

Myers has damage soak, I agree, but Marv, crazy as he is, is still cognizant of his surroundings and has combat skill.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2010 01:33 AM
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Michael bench presses small cars and tanks bullets, hangers to the grill and fire. Marv would cut his head off though.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2010 01:36 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Jul 27th, 2010 01:37 AM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Zombie's Myers would die.

The real Michael Myers has teleportation ability and would stab Marv from behind.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2010 08:44 AM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

The latest version of Myers would kill Marv. Quite violently.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2010 05:13 AM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

As I recall, in Halloween 4, Michael Myers single-handedly killed the entire Haddonfield Police Force. I'd say he takes it quite handedly

Old Post Jul 31st, 2010 06:41 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

We're discussing Zombie's Michael Myers, not the original.

Myers dies quickly.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2010 06:59 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

OK Mattie, what was Marv's greatest strength feat?

Old Post Jul 31st, 2010 07:29 PM
Impediment
Endless

His ability to use strategics via his cunning mind.

Marv showed us more feats, mental and physical, than Myers ever did.

Yes, Mike lifted up a compact car and turned it upside down.

Yes, Mike showed us his ability to overpower grown men like Joe Grizzly, Ismael the orderly, and the rest of the security guards at the hospital.

Yes, Mike has some serious damage soak since he survived being riddled with bullets by Laurie, not to mention one in the face.

It doesn't change the fact that Michael did most of these feats very slowly and without much emotion.

Marv has tact, cunning, and, most importantly, experience. There is no effing way that Marv would be taken down by Mike.

Last edited by Impediment on Jul 31st, 2010 at 10:16 PM

Old Post Jul 31st, 2010 07:41 PM