KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Prince Nuada versus Blade...

Prince Nuada versus Blade...
Started by: Rogue Jedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Prince Nuada versus Blade...

Prince Nuada (Hellboy 2) versus Blade.

Scenario one: Blade has his sword, Prince Nuada has his expandable battle spear (The one he stabbed Hellboy with)

Scenario two: Blade, again with his sword. Nuada has his sword (The one he gave Hellboy to fight with)

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2010 05:22 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nuada, Nuada.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2010 04:39 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Nuada is quick as hell, I might give it to Blade though because of the strength advantage. And while he's not as fast as Nuada, neither was HB, and he held his own for a bit.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2010 05:09 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Speed beats Blade here, I give Nuada the spear battle 9/10. The shorter sword? 5/10.

Nuada was effin uber, man.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2010 05:42 AM
Tattoos N Scars
Modern Day Drifter

Blade is faster than Hellboy, but I still give Nuada the advantage. Nuada would definitely pwn with the spear..but, I give Blade the majority in the sword fight.

Technically, Blade already beat him...Nuada is the same guy who played Nomak..lol.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2010 12:24 AM
Tattoos N Scars is currently offline Click here to Send Tattoos N Scars a Private Message Find more posts by Tattoos N Scars Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

That spear was badass, man.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2010 12:33 AM
Tattoos N Scars
Modern Day Drifter

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
That spear was badass, man.

Yeah it was...almost killed Hellboy with it.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2010 12:46 AM
Tattoos N Scars is currently offline Click here to Send Tattoos N Scars a Private Message Find more posts by Tattoos N Scars Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
Yeah it was...almost killed Hellboy with it.
I like how it extended to over 7 feet, and how the tip regenned. Coolest weapon ever.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2010 12:47 AM
chilled monkey

Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
Blade is faster than Hellboy, but I still give Nuada the advantage. Nuada would definitely pwn with the spear..but, I give Blade the majority in the sword fight.

Technically, Blade already beat him...Nuada is the same guy who played Nomak..lol.

Imagine Blade's reaction to seeing him:

"What the ****? Nomak, is that you?"

Old Post Apr 13th, 2010 07:31 PM
chilled monkey is currently offline Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Then Nuada cuts him to pieces.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2010 10:05 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

You people actually think Nuada is faster than blade?

Ninja-fight scene in Blade II shows greater speed and skill than Nuada did against Hellboy or those slow guards in the royal chamber.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 13th, 2010 10:22 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well that's the thing, why didn't Blade use that same speed against Frost or Nomak? Or Drake? Never mind, let's not go there.

Remember the scene where Nuada killed his father? Nuada was unarmed and took out a shitload of sword wielding elven guards without breaking a sweat. That feat alone trumps any Blade sword feat.
And those guards weren't "slow", it's just that Nuada was that fast, he made the look slow.

As I said earlier, with the spear, Nuada wins 10/10. The short sword? Tie, 5/10.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2010 10:29 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

They were slow with their way over-sized Final Fantasy-esque swords and cumbersome helmets. They did little more than make sloppy chops at him.

The two ninjas showed far greater speed, agility and skill than those clowns or Hellboy.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2010 10:35 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

And they weren't trying to kill Blade. Feat defeated. They were obviously holding back.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2010 11:08 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Still doesn't take away Blade's speed, agility and skill, as seen.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2010 11:16 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Or maybe they were, who gives a shit. Blade aint getting past the reach of Nuada's spear. Give Nuada that short sword, Blade has a good chance.

Nuada, in the beginning, when practicing in the sewer, was so fast and skilled with his spear that he cut a drop of water in half from several feet away.

And remember, Blade's sword breaks, Nuada's spear tip breaks. However, Nuada's can regen.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2010 11:18 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Practicing is one thing, fighting is another; Blade showed better in fighting.

Why is Blade's sword going to break here?

Old Post Apr 13th, 2010 11:22 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Because it broke twice in the movies, man. It's regular steel/silver, versus elven steel. Magically enchanted elven steel. The spear is a far superior weapon and Nuada is a master at using it.

Nuada would beat Hellboy if his sister hadn't sacrificed herself.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2010 11:26 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

By all accounts, that spear isn't more durable than Blade's sword. So it's stupid to try and push the "Blade's sword will break" angle.

Hellboy isn't some speed-demon or overly skilled fighter, he relies on his strength and durability. If Blade's sword was enchanted where it could overcome Hellboy's magical defenses as the spear did, Blade would end Hellboy in a minute.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2010 11:29 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Rob, the spear can regen. I never said it was more durable, it doesn't have to be that durable. It can regen from any damage done to it. THAT'S what makes it a superior weapon. That, and it's ability to extend from 3 to 7 feet. Place the spear in the hands of a master such as Nuada, and yeah, epic badassery.

And yes, Blade's sword breaks quite easily. And yes, Hellboy is a skilled fighter. He's not a martial artist, but he gets the job done.

Nuada:

Just watched the scene on DVD where he kills his father. He is unarmed. His father orders his death. What does Nuada do?

Disarms a guard, breaks his neck, kills the other. Kills a dozen more. Two left. He rushes them, kills them, then kills dear old Dad. His speed and agility in that scene is epic, dude, Blade could not have entered and done the same. The guys were all coming at him at once, it wasn't the usual where one attacks while the others watch.

So we're left with two facts:

1. Nuada has better screen feats in a sword battle.

2. Nuada's spear is a far superior weapon than Blade's sword.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2010 11:49 PM