KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Aragorn vs Riddick

Aragorn vs Riddick
Started by: Riot-Gear

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Riot-Gear

Aragorn vs Riddick

The Necromonger fleet now under the leadership of Riddick traveling towards the underverse discovers the planet of Middle Earth. In need of supplies and perhaps converts. They put down and are directed towards Gondor, as the biggest power in the area. Riddick makes contact with Aragorn.

Requesting permission to stay a while and get much needed supplies. Aragorn is inclind to agree, but is warned off by Gandalf who senses evil in the Necromonger, some thing inhuman, some thing dark.

At this point Aragorn taking Gandalf's council asks Riddick to leave. Riddick tries to explain they mean them no harm and are in need, but Gandalf and accordingly Aragorn will have none of it.

Riddick tells Gandalf to stay out of it. Moving toward Gandalf as if to draw a blade. Aragorn draws his own only to have it blown in half by a Necromonger soldier, who gets an arrow in his eye courtesy of Legolas for his trouble.

Before more bloodshed ensues both leaders try and calm their men. Riddick tells Aragorn that in Necromonger culture you keep what you kill, so if Aragorn can defeat him in single combat he can lay claim to his fleet and send it away if he pleases, but if he loses, then Riddick gets Aragorn's lands.

Wanting to avoid significant loss of life among his men that a full scale war would bring. Aragorn agrees. A small arena, in some rural back corner of rural Gondor. Left over from Orc occupation and designed for such spectacle is found. Both men agree to to terms and the battle is met.

So its the King of Gondor vs the new leader of the Necromongers, the Ranger vs Out Law, Númenórean vs Furyan.

Aragorn from the Lord of the Rings Trilogy vs Riddick from "Pitch Black" and "Chronicles of Riddick".

Notes: The arena is like the provincial arena's seen in "Gladiator". No one else will get involved. Aagorn has his Ranger sword, Andúril was the sword blown in half, and his Elven dagger. He is also clothed in chain mail like he wore at Helms Deep. Riddick has his twin curved daggers and his Necromonger knife. As well as his Necromonger chest plate, he is dressed as he was when he fought the Lord Marshall.

The arena is neutral ground neither man knows it.

This should go with out saying, but live action versions only, no books, cartoons, video games etc.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2011 12:51 AM
Riot-Gear is currently offline Click here to Send Riot-Gear a Private Message Find more posts by Riot-Gear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pwned
That guy

I think Riddick takes it. His superhuman shit is to much for even the amazinghuman Aragorn.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2011 02:57 AM
Pwned is currently offline Click here to Send Pwned a Private Message Find more posts by Pwned Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Riot-Gear

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Pwned
I think Riddick takes it. His superhuman shit is to much for even the amazinghuman Aragorn.

You realize you've called Aragorn superhuman in the other threads right?

You've also suggested that his skill, endurance, experience, and strength are all above human.

So what has Riddick done to put himself above Aragorn.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2011 03:24 AM
Riot-Gear is currently offline Click here to Send Riot-Gear a Private Message Find more posts by Riot-Gear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Riot-Gear

One quick note I forgot in the OP, no Furyan energy blast deal from the directors cut or what not for Riddick.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2011 03:25 AM
elfirrepins
sniperrifle backwards

I'd go slightly on the side of Aragorn. Riddick has one main weakness, his eyesight. All Aragorn needs to do (once he's figured it out) is take the goggles off Riddick and shine his sword to reflect the sunlight on his eyes.

Otherwise I see a pretty even match. I still give a slight edge to Aragorn.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2011 01:35 PM
elfirrepins is currently offline Click here to Send elfirrepins a Private Message Find more posts by elfirrepins Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Riddick rapes.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2011 01:59 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Riddick rapes.

Didn't you say in the Master Chief Vs Witch King thread that you've never seen any of LOTR trilogy?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2011 06:20 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Didn't you say in the Master Chief Vs Witch King thread that you've never seen any of LOTR trilogy?
I saw the fight scenes, FF through the trees walking. The fight scenes weren't bad.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2011 06:24 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

Riddick ftw.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2011 06:27 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pwned
That guy

I called Aragorn superhuman, yes, but I was also meaning it to be compared to the person he was fighting, which I believe were normal humans. And yes, they ARE above human, but Riddick is no normal human from what I gather.

I cant really say that Riddick has done alot, guys throwing themselves at knives and guns, etc.

I really havnt seen enough of Riddick to say Aragorn wins or loses. But if any of the other threads are right, then Riddick wins. If not, Aragorn by a landslide.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2011 06:32 PM
Pwned is currently offline Click here to Send Pwned a Private Message Find more posts by Pwned Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Aragorn wins a majortiy.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2011 06:35 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
I saw the fight scenes, FF through the trees walking. The fight scenes weren't bad.

Maybe you should watch them again, Aragorn being "raped" in a fight even by a guy like Riddick is a no.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2011 06:45 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

K.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2011 08:24 PM
Pwned
That guy

Im on RJs side for once.

I feel dirty.............

Anyways, it just seems to me that Riddick is above an exceptional/near super human, unless it was that Furyan thing that put him above.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2011 01:07 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bit of both.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2011 01:16 PM
Pwned
That guy

Idk, can someone put up Riddicks best fight scenes? I pretty much memorized the LOTR trilogy (mega-fanboy) so I know Aragorns quite well.

Also post a vid with his damage soak and skill plz.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2011 03:01 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nothing much on youtube. he's much faster and stronger. Damage soak too. Furyans themselves are superior to humans, and he's like the uber Furyan.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2011 07:06 AM
Pwned
That guy

What all did he soak?
What proved him stronger?
What proved him faster?

Basic questions I need answered atm.

Aragorn has some pretty good soak as well, and thats while only wearing leather. Aragorn is also not a normal human so........

Old Post Apr 24th, 2011 02:03 PM
dadudemon

Superhuman hearing.

Night vision.

Superhuman strength. When he sticks his arm straight out and catches that guy trying to get a jumping stab drop on Riddick's back...the dude just stops like he hit a brick wall when he hits Riddick's hand. Based on that and his other strength feats, I'd put Riddick between a 1-2 ton lifter.

Superhuman endurance.

Superhuman tolerance to cold.

Superhuman reflexes.

I'm probably missing some.

In other words, Riddick is not just some Rambo type character.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2011 03:26 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pwned
That guy

If that is accurate I would say Riddick takes it 7/10. How skilled is he against single opponents?
And what is his soak?

Old Post Apr 24th, 2011 06:24 PM