KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Doctor Chanard vs. Pinhead

Doctor Chanard vs. Pinhead
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

Doctor Chanard vs. Pinhead

Chanard is the mad cenobite doctor who killed Pinhead in hellraiser 2 hellbound. Somehow he gets resurrected after the events of helraiser 3 when Pinhead is back to his normal torturing self. They meet in the Labyrinth. Just one on one who wins this time ?

Old Post May 26th, 2011 02:00 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Pinhead is an angel/demon.

I think he takes it.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post May 26th, 2011 02:09 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Pinhead says "Time to play" as chains rip Chanard to pieces

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 26th, 2011 03:36 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Chanard wins again if his is connected to the spire monster.

Alone he has just as much a chance to beat Pinhead. They're both people who got filtered through the cube and came out Cenobites.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
Pinhead is an angel/demon.

I think he takes it.

Nah Pinhead is an explorer whose dark nature was brought out and made flesh.

Chanard was a masochistic psyche doctor. Much more potential than an explorer. I bet Charnard become a higher level of being and let the Cenobites he defeated come back and play.

Chanard 10/10.

Old Post May 26th, 2011 05:31 AM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by the ninjak

Alone he has just as much a chance to beat Pinhead. They're both people who got filtered through the cube and came out Cenobites.

Chanard was a masochistic psyche doctor. Much more potential than an explorer. I bet Charnard become a higher level of being and let the Cenobites he defeated come back and play.

Chanard 10/10.
You really think Chanard can beat him again ?
I also think Pinhead is by far the greatest cenobite ever. Chanard really had timing on his side when he confronted Pinhead.

Old Post May 30th, 2011 05:13 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Originally posted by quanchi112
You really think Chanard can beat him again ?
I also think Pinhead is by far the greatest cenobite ever. Chanard really had timing on his side when he confronted Pinhead.

Yeah Chanard would win again he was just a perfect candidate for becoming a Cenobite. Perfect.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2011 03:03 AM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Yeah Chanard would win again he was just a perfect candidate for becoming a Cenobite. Perfect.
On commentary they stated the only reason chanard won is because pinhead had just been spiritually weakened by those photos. I think Pinhead from part 3 and on would crush Chanard personally.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2011 03:05 AM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Those feats were on Earth.

This fight is in the labyrinth. A place Chanard adapted to and dominated almost instantly.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2011 03:10 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Those feats were on Earth.

This fight is in the labyrinth. A place Chanard adapted to and dominated almost instantly.
Chanard was truly evil whereas Pinhead just reconnected and remembered his human life. Imagine finding out your parents died right before you were going to box a rival. You wouldn't be at your best and neither was Pinhead which is confirmed by the guys who filmed it.

Now I admit had Pinhead not become the huge face of the franchise maybe this comment might not have never been made but it does make perfect sense.

Pinhead seems unhurtable throughout all the films save his depowering and when he finally dies in bloodline. Chanard on the other hand can be easily ripped apart.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2011 03:14 AM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Cenobites don't truly die though. They just continue to exist in the cube.

Actually Pinhead could only be killed by a powerful supernova big bang machine. At the end of Hellraiser 4. The best film.

So this fight really is a stalemate. Pinhead wins a franchise fight obviously. But Chanard represented everything the cube wanted in a candidate.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2011 03:21 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Actually Pinhead could only be killed by a powerful supernova big bang machine. At the end of Hellraiser 4. The best film.

So this fight really is a stalemate. Pinhead wins a franchise fight obviously. But Chanard represented everything the cube wanted in a candidate.
Yes, the new configuration at the end of bloodline. I loved that one but Pinhead's best lines were from 1 and 2. I am kinda partial to 2 if I had to pick a favorite with Bloodline at a very close second.

I still see Chanard's death at the end of the film as something Pinhead can do in his sleep whereas I don't see Chanard depowering him like he did outside right after he saw that picture of himself.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2011 03:25 AM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

True.
though Chanard only had a day in Cubeworld to do what he did. Which was epic.

If Chanard had enough time to adapt. Time that Pinhead had I'll give it to him.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2011 03:28 AM
quanchi112
Disney

True.
though Chanard only had a day in Cubeworld to do what he did. Which was epic.

If Chanard had enough time to adapt. Time that Pinhead had I'll give it to him.
I did think Chanard was the greatest hellraiser character save Pinhead. Too bad it seems the franchise is dead save a remake or two. When they started doing the direct to video release it just got plain terrible. I haven't even seen the last one or 2.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2011 03:33 AM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

I refuse to watch any after 4 as well.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2011 03:39 AM
quanchi112
Disney

I refuse to watch any after 4 as well.
Yeah, after 4 the series completely sucked.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2011 03:47 AM
AxelSalvatore

Just remember if Dr. Chanard had the chance to adapt like pinhead did he still would be out powered as the fact while he adapts pinhead would just get stronger pinhead is leviathans favorite cenobite for a reason dr. Chanard Was just a psychopathic dr. That wanted to expierence and learn hell secrets and such in my opinion he will never amount to pinhead had he not seen that picture and remembered his humanity Chanard would have never been able to de-power him or kill him or his cenobites

Old Post Aug 15th, 2013 05:28 AM
AxelSalvatore is currently offline Click here to Send AxelSalvatore a Private Message Find more posts by AxelSalvatore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HorrorMovies

Chanard 10/10.

I know this thread is old, but I just wanted to say, that Doctor from Hellraiser 2 was nothing more than Laviathans right hand puppet, he was being manipulated by Laviathan.

It was confirmed by the movie makers Pinhead was weakened due to the fact he committed the sin of rememberance. Doctor Channard went against a depowered Pinhead more than anything. You can tell Pinhead was depowered due to the less amount of chains he was using, It wouldn't have to be an unbound Pinhead, Pinhead from Hellraiser 1 would of torn the shit out of the doctor.....

Pinhead couldn't access a lot of leathal weapons at the point where he was weakened due to the fact he betrayed hell and he had the doctor in pain for a little bit as shown in the movie... If Kirtsty hadn't of shown Pinhead that picture, the doctor would of gotten murdered by Pinhead.... Keep in mind, Pinhead can also mind rape him with illusions.

Moving on, Unbound Pinhead from Hellraiser 3 was way too unstoppable, he was able to turn other humans into Cenobites and he reality warped a city... Pinhead has much higher feats that put him over the doctor...

Pinhead murders the doctor effortlessly and quickly.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2014 09:25 PM
HorrorMovies is currently offline Click here to Send HorrorMovies a Private Message Find more posts by HorrorMovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HorrorMovies

Also that wasn't a big bang machine Pinhead died in. That was a huge puzzle box configuration that he blew up in while in space.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2014 09:29 PM
HorrorMovies is currently offline Click here to Send HorrorMovies a Private Message Find more posts by HorrorMovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Steve98732

Well I think Channard wins against a full power Pinhead anyway, since the Dr. was connected directly to Leviathan. (Better weapons, more resistance to cenobite attacks? - passed along maybe from Leviathan to the Dr through the connecting tube?)

Also, there is this, from the Hellraiser wiki:

(When the 3 cenobites fight Dr. Channard:"This meant that they disobeyed the agenda of Hell and could no longer be trusted, thusly, Deepthroat, Butterball, Chatterer and Pinhead were systematically terminated by the Doctor with little difficulty. ")

So I think if Pinhead was at full power he still would lose, Channard would still ''suffer'' from the cenobite's attacks with some vulnerability, but the Dr. would just counter the chain attacks like before. (And shoot the sticks out of his hand).

Channard wins a simple fight on account of being directly connected to the creator of the cenobites. But in the end it's like ninjak says, they don't die.

Last edited by Steve98732 on Feb 23rd, 2014 at 05:27 AM

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2014 05:24 AM
Steve98732 is currently offline Click here to Send Steve98732 a Private Message Find more posts by Steve98732 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Steve98732

Maybe in the plot Leviathan can or does impose it's will through it's cenobites. And when a cenobite is directly connected to Leviathan, it can harness more power or strength etc than a regular one just created by Leviathan.

Last edited by Steve98732 on Feb 23rd, 2014 at 05:57 AM

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2014 05:43 AM
Steve98732 is currently offline Click here to Send Steve98732 a Private Message Find more posts by Steve98732 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote