KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Kurse VS The Hulk

Kurse VS The Hulk
Started by: Slowpoke

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Slowpoke

Kurse VS The Hulk

Who will win?

Old Post Nov 9th, 2013 01:27 AM
Slowpoke is currently offline Click here to Send Slowpoke a Private Message Find more posts by Slowpoke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Comparing their respective fights against Thor as the measuring stick, I'd say Kurse wins.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2013 02:24 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Yeah, Kurse's raw physical strength is seemingly higher. Thor could go H2H with Hulk; with Kurse, he was woefully unable to do so. It was ridiculous.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2013 02:42 AM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slowpoke

I remember Kruse also showed the ability to drain life force?

Old Post Nov 9th, 2013 03:01 AM
Slowpoke is currently offline Click here to Send Slowpoke a Private Message Find more posts by Slowpoke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Something like that. It didn't appear to use such on Loki/Thor, who might be more resistant than Random Norse Mook, but it could leech/murder everyone else.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2013 04:05 AM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wallman77
Dark Side

Kurse was able to alter Mjolnir's path on multiple occassions in the film, which Hulk was unable to do when Thor threw it at him. Thor threw it at the hulk...hulk caught it and the force of the hammer pulled him off his feet. Kurse back handed it like an annoying fly.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2013 07:58 AM
wallman77 is currently offline Click here to Send wallman77 a Private Message Find more posts by wallman77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Yeah. And we have to remember that the Hulk that fought Thor was already berserk enough that he couldn't differentiate friend from foe, meaning he was already pretty damn strong there.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2013 08:01 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Hulk. Kurse was a badass, but his greatest feat was beating up Thor, which isn't even a good ABC argument considering Thor's yet to show any manliness against Hulk himself.

Frankly, until I see Hulk got KTFO by someone (which I'm hoping does happen at some point), I'm not inclined to say that any of the Avengers could put him down. We've seen Thor's limits twice now. Hulk thus far has been annoyed/injured by stuff but otherwise has given zero ****s.

edit- Wait, didn't Blonskey nearly beat him to death in TIH? I can't remember.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Last edited by Tzeentch on Nov 9th, 2013 at 08:08 AM

Old Post Nov 9th, 2013 08:03 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wallman77
Dark Side

On a side note...the fight with kurse is a testament to Thor's durability if nothing else. He took a beating and was up and about at least 5 minutes later. He showed no signs of true damage besides those cuts on his face. Beast.he was fighting aether powered malekith id say about a couples hrs after like a champ. Buuuut annyyyways I'd say kurse over hulk.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2013 08:05 AM
wallman77 is currently offline Click here to Send wallman77 a Private Message Find more posts by wallman77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wallman77
Dark Side

@Tzeentch true hulk is a tough bastard

A-bomb came clse but hulk got angry enough to overpower

Old Post Nov 9th, 2013 08:08 AM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

If I remember TIH correct, Hulk beat Abom by going behind him and choking him. He was at an advantageous position and he made the best use of it. It doesn't necessarily mean he was stronger than Abom. But anyway, he got close to getting KO'd in that movie showing that it is possible.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2013 08:52 AM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tzeentch._
considering Thor's yet to show any manliness against Hulk himself.

Huh? So Hulk is enraged to the point where he can't tell friend from foe which means he's very very strong already and Thor tries to take him on h2h, talking to him and not going all out, only using Mjolnir once to hit Hulk in their entire fight and never using his more exotic powers.

Hulk was unable to hit Thor unless it was via cheapshot or during times when Thor was off his feet.

How exactly did Thor not prove himself against Hulk?

Old Post Nov 9th, 2013 08:54 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

The Thor fighting Kurse was a lot more vicious than the one fighting Hulk, and he was basically getting curbstomped.

I'm not sure if Kurse wins, but he does have the better showing against Thor.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Nov 9th, 2013 10:28 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Kurse should take this. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Power Gem turns an elf into that, hate to see what happens if Hulk or Thor use it.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2013 03:01 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Wonder how many hundred tons is the boulder Kurse lifted and threw at Thor.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2013 03:36 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

Hulk wins this. "The Kursed" was only enchanted against Asgardian weapons and magic, it couldn't even survive a pointy stick through the chest. Quite pathetic, durability wise.

Hulk's easily the tougher and, given that he grows far more powerful with stress and anger, he's going to quickly dominate "Kurse".

Also, Hulk was one-punching the big mecha-fish and easily survived the combined assault of something like 15-20 Chitauri ships, again showing outstanding durability above and beyond Thor et al.

The Hulk that fought Abomination in TIH was weakened to the point that Banner didn't even know if he could transform into Hulk ever again. And, more importantly, it was Hulk's blood that empowered Abomination so it's basically a fraction of Hulk's power, that Hulk was fighting against.

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post Nov 9th, 2013 03:38 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

SMH.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2013 03:56 PM
Slowpoke

Originally posted by janus77
Hulk wins this. "The Kursed" was only enchanted against Asgardian weapons and magic, it couldn't even survive a pointy stick through the chest. Quite pathetic, durability wise.

Hulk's easily the tougher and, given that he grows far more powerful with stress and anger, he's going to quickly dominate "Kurse".

Also, Hulk was one-punching the big mecha-fish and easily survived the combined assault of something like 15-20 Chitauri ships, again showing outstanding durability above and beyond Thor et al.

The Hulk that fought Abomination in TIH was weakened to the point that Banner didn't even know if he could transform into Hulk ever again. And, more importantly, it was Hulk's blood that empowered Abomination so it's basically a fraction of Hulk's power, that Hulk was fighting against.

Actually the Dark Elf Sword didn't seem to cause serious damage to him, it was the space twisting device that finished him.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2013 04:13 PM
janus77
Banana Genius

Originally posted by Slowpoke
Actually the Dark Elf Sword didn't seem to cause serious damage to him, it was the space twisting device that finished him.

IIRC, it basically staggered him, the wormhole-grenade finished him off, it's true, but the sword stopped him.

Also, other than swatting Thor aside, "Kurse" wasn't doing that much, he was like an angry teenager kicking the shit out of the toddlers in the playground...

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post Nov 9th, 2013 04:25 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Kurse wins, he just has better combat feats.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2013 04:37 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote