KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Iron Man or Batman

Better actor in role
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Robert Downey Jr. 10 100.00%
Christian Bale 0 0%
Total: 10 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Iron Man or Batman
Started by: Firefly218

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Iron Man or Batman

Who acted better in their role, RDJ as Iron Man or Christian Bale as Batman? Which actor was more significant to the success of his respective movie?

Old Post Feb 5th, 2014 03:49 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

RDJ

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2014 03:56 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Silent Master
RDJ

Why?

Old Post Feb 5th, 2014 04:03 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Have you seen the movies? Because just about all the reviews I've read and everyone I've talked to agree that Bale is the weakest part of the movies.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2014 04:19 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

RJD for sure.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2014 04:37 AM
Supra is currently offline Click here to Send Supra a Private Message Find more posts by Supra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

RDJ definitely. Can't say I blame Bale though. The way Marvel makes their movies, they focus heavily on the hero and the development of his character.

WB/DC puts quite a bit of focus on their villains and the hero takes a step back compared to the focus of the story.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2014 05:01 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

both were great in their respective roles

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 5th, 2014 06:14 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

That wasn't the question, the question was who acted better in their role and the correct answer IMO is RDJ.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2014 06:19 AM
Psychotron

Iron Man was pretty different from the comic book version but so was Batman. Bale was an okay Bruce Wayne and a terrible Batman, his voice almost ruined the movies for me. RDJ was at least charismatic.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2014 07:46 AM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

I have to agree. RDJ wins.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2014 07:51 AM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Psychotron
Iron Man was pretty different from the comic book version

How so?

the Tony Stark Persona was spot on from Robert's portrayal.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2014 07:54 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by Kazenji
How so?

the Tony Stark Persona was spot on from Robert's portrayal.

Tony Stark in the comics wasn't quite the smart mouth that RDJ was. Tony comics is a carefree playboy but he's a bit more serious. He isn't the wisecracking, sarcastic, smart mouth that RDJ is. That role actually falls to Hawkeye.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2014 12:08 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Some of the Iron Man comics that i've read he has been a smart mouth.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2014 12:14 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

Maybe if you're talking about Ultimate Tony.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2014 02:08 PM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by FrothByte
Tony Stark in the comics wasn't quite the smart mouth that RDJ was. Tony comics is a carefree playboy but he's a bit more serious. He isn't the wisecracking, sarcastic, smart mouth that RDJ is. That role actually falls to Hawkeye.
It is more accurate to say that Tony in the comics wasn't a wisecracking douchebag (I mean this with the best of intentions) until RDJ's depiction of the character proved popular enough to make him one.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2014 05:38 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

RDJ acted better in his role and pretty much set his career on fire from the IM role.

That said he is not a better actor then Bale who has a supporting oscar win and is up this year for best actor in a leading role.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2014 05:56 PM
playa1258 is online now! Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

Bale is > RDJ in acting but his Batman was extremely bland.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2014 06:05 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by NemeBro
It is more accurate to say that Tony in the comics wasn't a wisecracking douchebag (I mean this with the best of intentions) until RDJ's depiction of the character proved popular enough to make him one.

Agreed. Since RDJ's Ironman became a hit, every succeeding rendition of that character has been based on his template, from comics to cartoons. I feel kinda bad for Hawkeye, as he used to be the wisecracking douche of the Avengers team, kinda like Human Torch is for the F4. But since RDJ fills that role in the live action movie, Hawkeye is basically left without much personality.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2014 08:38 PM
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Originally posted by Psychotron
Bale is > RDJ in acting but his Batman was extremely bland.

thumb up

Originally posted by FrothByte
Agreed. Since RDJ's Ironman became a hit, every succeeding rendition of that character has been based on his template, from comics to cartoons. I feel kinda bad for Hawkeye, as he used to be the wisecracking douche of the Avengers team, kinda like Human Torch is for the F4. But since RDJ fills that role in the live action movie, Hawkeye is basically left without much personality.

Yeah, Hawkeye didn't even get much of the film to be a hero, but his lines in Thor were pretty amusing.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2014 08:58 PM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

RDJ was, to a certain extent, playing himself. Not much acting flexibility required in that. While RDJ's performance was more amusing than Bale's, Bale had to moreso flex his acting talent. Bale had to sell a sharp contrast between Bruce Wayne and Batman. Bale plays Bruce Wayne with a hidden darkness, which is expressed as batman.

Just an argument ppl make for Bale. I agree with the consensus, RDJ was a better Iron Man than Baleman.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2014 09:47 PM