KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Where Thor and Superman Powers come from?

Where Thor and Superman Powers come from?
Started by: Supra

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

Where Thor and Superman Powers come from?

Where does Thor get his powers from?

Where does Superman get his power from?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Supra
Nope Clarks powers come from the Sun. They cannot absorb his powers.

Originally posted by marwash22
lolwut.

Clark's powers come from his genetics/physiology.

Last edited by Supra on Feb 10th, 2014 at 06:48 AM

Old Post Feb 10th, 2014 06:41 AM
Supra is currently offline Click here to Send Supra a Private Message Find more posts by Supra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

this guy. laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 10th, 2014 06:49 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

His powers come from the yellow sun Marwash, quit pulling a Quan.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2014 07:01 AM
Supra is currently offline Click here to Send Supra a Private Message Find more posts by Supra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

first off, I'm glad "Quan" is catching on as a verb.

secondly, you're wrong, and you're a giant poop-head.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2014 07:02 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Thor was born with his abilities.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2014 07:03 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by marwash22
this guy. laughing out loud
This post about sums it up.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2014 07:05 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

OMFG you really went through with it?

I'm gonna answer though even though you'll try to deny the truth or debate it.

Thor is an Asgardian. All of them are born with powers like super strength/durability, etc... Look at Thor, Hogun, Volstagg, Lady Sif, Odin, Heimdall, Fandrall, etc... Thor's "Powers" are strength, speed/reflexes and durability in the movie. To a higher degree than most if not all Asgardian's shown aside from possibly Odin(maybe with amping) and Heimdall probably being able to put up a fight. But that's about all he's shown. Strong enough and durable enough to fight Hulk. Durable enough to take a beating from Kurse.

Clark is Superman. But his powers come from being a Kryptonian. Their genetics allow them to absorb yellow solar radiation and use natural bodily functions normally dormant when exposed to the red sun of Krypton.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2014 07:10 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nope his powers come from the sun. Without it he has no powers.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2014 07:16 AM
KingD19

Wow...are you serious? You're serious aren't you?

His powers are in his genetics. From being a Kryptonian.

He can only access them when powered by yellow sun radiation, but that doesn't mean the sun gives him his powers. The sun charges his abilities and allows him to use them, but he doesn't just stop being Kryptonian when not powered by a yellow sun. His powers are because he's Kryptonian.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2014 07:18 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by KingD19
Wow...are you serious? You're serious aren't you?

His powers are in his genetics. From being a Kryptonian.

He can only access them when powered by yellow sun radiation, but that doesn't mean the sun gives him his powers. The sun charges his abilities and allows him to use them, but he doesn't just stop being Kryptonian when not powered by a yellow sun. His powers are because he's Kryptonian.

Does he have his powers without the sun?

Old Post Feb 10th, 2014 07:18 AM
KingD19

Yes. He just can't use them without the proper energy. Like I said earlier, a phone is still a phone without power. Don't be inept.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2014 07:23 AM
0mega Spawn
TheWarmestSun

?

My Reality Is Your Imagination.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2014 07:24 AM
0mega Spawn is currently offline Click here to Send 0mega Spawn a Private Message Find more posts by 0mega Spawn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
?

He's saying without the sun, Superman doesn't have his powers. Not that he can't use them.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2014 07:27 AM
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

His powers come from the sun end of story.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2014 07:28 AM
KingD19

Lol. That's not right...like at all. The yellow sun let's him use his powers.

Being a Kryptonian means he has powers that can only be used in yellow sunlight. However, being under a red sun doesn't mean he doesn't have powers. They just aren't sufficiently charged.

I can't make it more simple than that.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2014 07:30 AM
Silent Master

No, his powers come from his body's ability to utilize sloar energy.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2014 07:30 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Silent Master
Thor was born with his abilities.

So how did he lose them if he was born with them and Odin clearly states who so ever holds this hammer will have the power of Thor?

Old Post Feb 10th, 2014 07:31 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Are you on currently on any narcotics Supra?

feels like you are at times.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2014 07:31 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

the times he makes sense is when he's on the narcotics.

This, this shit right here that we're witnessing, this is when he's off the drugs.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2014 07:33 AM
Silent Master

Originally posted by Supra
So how did he lose them if he was born with them and Odin clearly states who so ever holds this hammer will have the power of Thor?

Odin took his powers away, he then enchanted Mjolnir as a means for Thor to regain his abilities if he were to learn his lesson and change.

This was also shown and stated in his movie...you might want to watch it again.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2014 07:35 AM