KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Jason Bourne vs Thor

Jason Bourne vs Thor
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Jason Bourne vs Thor

Jason Bourne

vs

Depowered Thor

Jason is tasked with stopping the madman known as Thor while in his mortal form. No weapons, H2H, Full brutality.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2014 12:12 AM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

I remember making a thread like this when Thor came out. I think the consensus was that Thor won, but personally I disagree.

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Oct 26th, 2014 12:15 AM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lestov16
I remember making a thread like this when Thor came out. I think the consensus was that Thor won, but personally I disagree.

Sounds like people where wanking as usual.

Maybe with these latest movies and such we will get some better opinions then the blanket "Thor wins" statements.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2014 12:16 AM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Can't wait for the new Bourne they announced. Bout time for Damon to show Renner how it's done.

Jack Bauer

Old Post Oct 26th, 2014 12:23 AM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Oh there is a new Bourne?

Old Post Oct 26th, 2014 01:56 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Looks like Damon will be in the next one followed by Renner.

Absolutely love Bourne, but wish it was more like the book.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2014 02:22 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wallman77
Dark Side

Can't wait for the new Bourne they announced. Bout time for Damon to show Renner how it's done.

I don't think Renner was the problem with the last movie. more the script. legacy is getting a sequel before damon's so hopefully justin lin delivers

Last edited by wallman77 on Oct 26th, 2014 at 02:30 AM

Old Post Oct 26th, 2014 02:26 AM
wallman77 is currently offline Click here to Send wallman77 a Private Message Find more posts by wallman77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wallman77
Dark Side

Originally posted by Placidity
Looks like Damon will be in the next one followed by Renner.

Absolutely love Bourne, but wish it was more like the book.

naw legacy starts shooting this summer, the damon one's script hasn't even been finished yet

Last edited by wallman77 on Oct 26th, 2014 at 02:30 AM

Old Post Oct 26th, 2014 02:28 AM
wallman77 is currently offline Click here to Send wallman77 a Private Message Find more posts by wallman77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Originally posted by wallman77
naw legacy starts shooting this summer, the damon one's script hasn't even been finished yet

I read it from Wiki just then, accurate as at 15 September 2014.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bourne..._series)#Future

Old Post Oct 26th, 2014 02:53 AM
wallman77
Dark Side

I read it from Wiki just then, accurate as at 15 September 2014.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bourne..._series)#Future

September 17, 2014

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayl...elayed-20140917

"Producer Says ‘Legacy’ Sequel With Jeremy Renner Still Moving Forward, But ‘Bourne’ With Matt Damon Could Be Delayed"

"And if this one [with Damon and Paul Greengrass] comes together, great, but they're still just talking." Indeed, it seems as if the Damon/Greengrass iteration is still in the early stages and it could get more difficult. "

lol

Oct 7, 2014

http://www.movieweb.com/bourne-lega...rossover-renner

"Untitled Jason Bourne Sequel comes to theaters July 15th, 2016 and stars Jeremy Renner. The film is directed by Justin Lin. "

Last edited by wallman77 on Oct 26th, 2014 at 03:10 AM

Old Post Oct 26th, 2014 03:07 AM
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Thats when the articles were written, not the official announcement date.

But looks like Wiki is wrong.

I don't mind Renner, I just want a Bourne movie. Ditch the girl though. Have her killed off like in Supremacy.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2014 03:11 AM
wallman77
Dark Side

Thats when the articles were written, not the official announcement date.

But looks like Wiki is wrong.

I don't mind Renner, I just want a Bourne movie. Ditch the girl though. Have her killed off like in Supremacy.

lol same

Old Post Oct 26th, 2014 03:12 AM
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

So who wins you bunch of hens in a chicken coup talking scratchsmile

Old Post Oct 26th, 2014 03:25 AM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Bourne should win, though it won't be an easy fight.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2014 09:07 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wallman77
Dark Side

Originally posted by Time Immemorial
So who wins you bunch of hens in a chicken coup talking scratchsmile

lol, thor would try to muscle him and would get outclassed by bourne's skill/speed combo. thor wont go down easy tho

Old Post Oct 26th, 2014 09:45 AM
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

I'm pretty sure at least one of you said the opposite in the original thread...

Old Post Oct 26th, 2014 10:02 AM
wallman77
Dark Side

I'm pretty sure at least one of you said the opposite in the original thread...

confused

Old Post Oct 26th, 2014 11:19 AM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Originally posted by wallman77
I don't think Renner was the problem with the last movie. more the script. legacy is getting a sequel before damon's so hopefully justin lin delivers

I didn't have a problem at all with Renner. He definitely did the best with what he had. But it was definitely one of the (if not THE) lamest action movies I've ever seen, combined with one of the most anti-climatic end "battles" ever. The fact that it was a spin-off of arguably the best action series of all time (definitely of the 21st century) only made it worse. I remember apologizing to my dad as we left the theater for the waste of time. Also, I remember stating in a review that Renner needing drugs completely goes against the appeal of Bourne being a badass due to Batman-esque training, so it's clear Tony Gilroy didn't understand the Bourne series or what made it cool.

Jack Bauer

Last edited by Lestov16 on Oct 26th, 2014 at 12:19 PM

Old Post Oct 26th, 2014 12:15 PM
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Also, I remember stating in a review that Renner needing drugs completely goes against the appeal of Bourne being a badass due to Batman-esque training, so it's clear Tony Gilroy didn't understand the Bourne series or what made it cool.

He would probably still badass (physically/skill) without it. But the point was there would be heavy withdrawal symptoms if he went off it right away, and he said they would not survive if that happened.

However, his IQ would be severely compromised.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2014 12:38 PM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Exactly. He was a dumbass without those pills. I found that whole pill sub-plot to be ridiculous. One set of them gives you the mind of Bourne, the other his physical skills. How ridiculous. Bourne's vast skillset can't be replicated by taking some medicine. It's through massive training in various fields, not some drugs that magically make you smart.

Jack Bauer

Old Post Oct 26th, 2014 01:05 PM