KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Smallville Superman vs Reeve Superman

Smallville Superman vs Reeve Superman
Started by: playa1258

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Smallville Superman vs Reeve Superman

Who wins?

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2015 10:40 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kotor3

Reeve's Superman. No one beats him.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2015 11:05 PM
Kotor3 is currently offline Click here to Send Kotor3 a Private Message Find more posts by Kotor3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Smallville wins.

Best strength feat with throwing the larger than Saturn planet. And much better "combat" speed feats, with everyone standing still to him when he uses his speed.

Of course Reeves has moved faster with the spinning the Earth around thing, but never came close to that kind of speed in a fight. Presumably because he can't control that kind of speed.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2015 11:52 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Reeve's version has on-demand powers.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2015 11:54 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
Reeve's version has on-demand powers.

Well that's true!

He could teleport, and form duplicates of himself when required.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2015 12:19 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

LOL. This is a huge ass whooping in Reeve's Superman favor. Smallville Clark was good but, c'mon. Reeve's Superman was about as close to unbeatable as a character can get. He was based on pre-crisis Superman which is waaaaay above Smallville Clark.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Last edited by Star428 on Jun 24th, 2015 at 12:33 AM

Old Post Jun 24th, 2015 12:31 AM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Lol I thought this would be a better match.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2015 12:38 AM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by Star428
LOL. This is a huge ass whooping in Reeve's Superman favor. Smallville Clark was good but, c'mon. Reeve's Superman was about as close to unbeatable as a character can get. He was based on pre-crisis Superman which is waaaaay above Smallville Clark.
Well, Smallville Clark was faster than light and could easily push away a Saturn sized planet hurdling towards Earth.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jun 24th, 2015 12:41 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Give us the feats bro, instead of just saying he's better.

Smallville Clark was hinted at as being Silver Age Supes.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2015 12:53 AM
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

SM was virtually omnicent with his speed. Adding in his final strength feat of throwing planets is above Reeves. However Reeves had genie powers so this is a hard one.

In order for any life to matter, we all have to matter

Old Post Jun 24th, 2015 01:15 AM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
SM was virtually omnicent with his speed. Adding in his final strength feat of throwing planets is above Reeves. However Reeves had genie powers so this is a hard one.

????

Reeve's Superman moved the moon without straining several times. In fact,I don't think I ever saw him straining to lift or move anything when he wasn't already weakened. Except for Smallville's Clark final feat anything Smallville Clark did is laughable compared to Reeve's SM feats. See no reason why Reeve's Supes couldn't easily replicate SC's feat since he never seemed to strain when lifting or moving things like the moon, the statue of Liberty, or repairing the San Adreas fault line (like to see SC do that). And speed? OMG, Reeve's Supes reversed time by flying at speeds that'd make SC green with envy.

Let's not forget either that Reeve's Supes was able to overpower 3 other Kryptonians (who were all well above SC) in the Fortress of Solitude and was also able to make multiple fake copies of himself and forced the villains to use threatening to kill Lois to make Superman release Zod. 99% of the villains that SC dealt with on Smallville were laughable compared to the 3 evil kryptonians or the Super villain Lex created in Superman 4. There were a few that weren't a joke but I still wouldn't rank them in the same category as the villains in Superman 2 and 4.

Durability is not close either, to say the least. Lost count how many times I saw Smallville Clark get knocked on his butt or hurt (even without weakness exploitation).

I really like Smallville Clark but Reeve's Superman is just on a higher level.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Last edited by Star428 on Jun 24th, 2015 at 01:55 AM

Old Post Jun 24th, 2015 01:51 AM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Tough one, but the "S" shield attack clearly puts this fight in Reeves favor

Old Post Jun 24th, 2015 01:56 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

????

Reeve's Superman moved the moon without straining several times. In fact,I don't think I ever saw him straining to lift or move anything when he wasn't already weakened. Except for Smallville's Clark final feat anything Smallville Clark did is laughable compared to Reeve's SM feats. See no reason why Reeve's Supes couldn't easily replicate SC's feat since he never seemed to strain when lifting or moving things like the moon, the statue of Liberty, or repairing the San Adreas fault line (like to see SC do that). And speed? OMG, Reeve's Supes reversed time by flying at speeds that'd make SC green with envy.

Let's not forget either that Reeve's Supes was able to overpower 3 other Kryptonians (who were all well above SC) in the Fortress of Solitude and was also able to make multiple fake copies of himself and forced the villains to use threatening to kill Lois to make Superman release Zod. 99% of the villains that SC dealt with on Smallville were laughable compared to the 3 evil kryptonians or the Super villain Lex created in Superman 4. There were a few that weren't a joke but I still wouldn't rank them in the same category as the villains in Superman 2 and 4.

Durability is not close either, to say the least. Lost count how many times I saw Smallville Clark get knocked on his butt or hurt (even without weakness exploitation).

I really like Smallville Clark but Reeve's Superman is just on a higher level.

I agree I think Reeves would probably win due to his genie like powers, but adding in all 10 seasons of feats from Clark along with his final feats make him a contender which makes me think its a hard one. Reeves did turn back time with whatever power that was from flying, however Clarks land speed was just insane. He could be anywhere on the planet instantly.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2015 02:02 AM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Inhuman
Tough one, but the "S" shield attack clearly puts this fight in Reeves favor

Ok dickpods.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2015 02:30 AM
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
I agree I think Reeves would probably win due to his genie like powers, but adding in all 10 seasons of feats from Clark along with his final feats make him a contender which makes me think its a hard one. Reeves did turn back time with whatever power that was from flying, however Clarks land speed was just insane. He could be anywhere on the planet instantly.

Honestly, the only episode I can think of that would make him a contender is the very last one. Maybe I'm forgetting certain other episodes that make you believe he's a contender, TI. I do have all of them on blu-ray/dvd though so if u want to direct me to a certain one which shows him doing anything worthy of Reeve Supe's best feats it would be helpful.

I think you're also overrating his speed. He was extremely fast yes but I saw nothing to make me believe he was faster than Reeve Supes. Even if we're talking about running speed I still don't see it.

Have you seen the Richard Donner cut of Superman 2? In it, there was a scene where Lois thought for sure Clark was Superman and she wanted to prove it by jumping out of a window from her office floor. Her belief was that Clark would turn into Superman and save her because she knew he'd never let her die. So,when she jumped Clark zipped out of the office at superspeed (just like Smallville Clark does so often) and ran down to street and got there while Lois was still falling. He then used Superbreath to cushion her fall and thus he was able to save her without proving her right that he was, in fact, Superman. The point though is that he seemed every bit as fast as Smallville Clark. I never saw Clark in Smallville have the ability to be anywhere on Earth "instantly" as you say. He was very fast but so was Reeve's Superman. I think running speed is the only category where they MIGHT be equal or at least very close to equal.

Last edited by Star428 on Jun 24th, 2015 at 02:36 AM

Old Post Jun 24th, 2015 02:34 AM
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Reeve Superman was so fast he was able to go on two dates at once

Old Post Jun 24th, 2015 02:37 AM
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yep. That too. There were also many other instances of him using superspeed like that off camera.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2015 02:39 AM
Darth Thor

I think you're also overrating his speed. He was extremely fast yes but I saw nothing to make me believe he was faster than Reeve Supes. Even if we're talking about running speed I still don't see it.

Really? Because I seem to recall him failing to catch 2 nuclear missiles. He could only stop 1 simply because he wasn't fast enough to do that.

The reversing time feat doesn't seem to be the sort of speed he can control in a combat scenario.

He also had trouble dodging missiles in Superman 3 (so this was a consistent thing). And the big missile even knocked him out.

Have you seen the Richard Donner cut of Superman 2? In it, there was a scene where Lois thought for sure Clark was Superman and she wanted to prove it by jumping out of a window from her office floor. Her belief was that Clark would turn into Superman and save her because she knew he'd never let her die. So,when she jumped Clark zipped out of the office at superspeed (just like Smallville Clark does so often) and ran down to street and got there while Lois was still falling. He then used Superbreath to cushion her fall and thus he was able to save her without proving her right that he was, in fact, Superman. The point though is that he seemed every bit as fast as Smallville Clark. I never saw Clark in Smallville have the ability to be anywhere on Earth "instantly" as you say. He was very fast but so was Reeve's Superman. I think running speed is the only category where they MIGHT be equal or at least very close to equal.

I've seen that. But it doesn't match Smallville Clark disappearing in the middle of a football match to save Chloe, then coming back, and no one even noticed him missing, or even vanishing for a second.

Smallville Superman had the superior strength and speed feats (except for the time reversal).

Reeve Superman however has the random abilities, like teleporting, and making duplicates of himself, shooting random lasers out of his fingers (well that was General Zod & Co).

Old Post Jun 24th, 2015 02:46 AM
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

wacko

WTF?! I thought you said you were putting me on "ignore" a while back. Changed your mind? LOL.

Last edited by Star428 on Jun 24th, 2015 at 03:00 AM

Old Post Jun 24th, 2015 02:58 AM
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Honestly, the only episode I can think of that would make him a contender is the very last one. Maybe I'm forgetting certain other episodes that make you believe he's a contender, TI. I do have all of them on blu-ray/dvd though so if u want to direct me to a certain one which shows him doing anything worthy of Reeve Supe's best feats it would be helpful.

I prolly have forgotten most feats from the First 4 so I take your word for it.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2015 03:20 AM