KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Wolverine vs healing

Wolverine vs healing
Started by: juggerman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
juggerman

Wolverine vs healing

Not really a vs thread so I'll understand if it gets moved.

Wolverine is able to regrow bones as shown in The Wolverine and we've seen him regrow skin and well as muscle in X-3. So would it be safe to argue he can regrow limbs?

Say Silver Samurai cut of his hand instead of just the claws. Or his arm? What's the actual limit to his healing power?

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Sep 17th, 2015 02:55 PM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes he can regrow anything. Just like deadpool after getting his head cut off got back together.

In order for any life to matter, we all have to matter

Old Post Sep 17th, 2015 03:06 PM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Yes he can regrow anything. Just like deadpool after getting his head cut off got back together.

Deadpool reattaching his own head is not an example of regrowing.

Q:

Can Deadpool regrow his entire body from his head alone? Or vice versa, re-grow his head from a headless body?

Old Post Sep 17th, 2015 03:22 PM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sure it is, its is spinal cored and vertebrae re growing, as well as everything else.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2015 03:40 PM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

It looked as tho Deadpool was trying to reattach his head. Doesn't seem like regrowing a head was an option there but he clearly survived decap and was still able to control his body.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2015 06:06 PM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

If he can regrow spinal tissue and bone. An arm would've easy am I right?

Old Post Sep 17th, 2015 06:09 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi

Wolverine could regrow his arm... but the adamantium in that part of his arm wouldn't be able to regrow

Old Post Sep 17th, 2015 06:16 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi is currently offline Click here to Send KuRuPT Thanosi a Private Message Find more posts by KuRuPT Thanosi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

If he can regrow spinal tissue and bone. An arm would've easy am I right?

But that was Deadpool not Logan.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2015 06:48 PM
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

He got Logan's healing factor.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2015 07:57 PM
juggerman

Was that established? Deadpool was created by gene splicing many different mutants together but Logan was never experimented on iirc. The only thing they did to him was the adamantium bonding. They never took his DNA or anything. Deadpool's HF came from a different mutant, probably Creed iirc. Or am I remembering wrong?

Old Post Sep 17th, 2015 08:08 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

I'm pretty sure it was Logan's as well. Didn't Stryker comment how Creed's HF wasn't up to the task of surviving the bonding process?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 17th, 2015 08:12 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Wolverine could regrow his arm... but the adamantium in that part of his arm wouldn't be able to regrow

He seems to have adamantium beta like in the comics, or something similar, where the adamantium was molecularly changed by Logan's healing factor and it regenerates (in time) as well.

Only way to explain how his skull was completely covered in XI (x-ray scene), when he had holes punched through in Origins. Though this could just be a continuity error.

Wouldn't be surprised if in the last Wolverine flick they're making, Logan's claws still aren't covered and he regains the adamantium through some other means.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2015 08:17 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Originally posted by Robtard
I'm pretty sure it was Logan's as well. Didn't Stryker comment how Creed's HF wasn't up to the task of surviving the bonding process?

Yes but that might have been a lie seeing as how he no longer needed to test the process. Deadpool was the end game. Giving Creed adamantium was kinda pointless

He seems to have adamantium beta like in the comics, or something similar, where the adamantium was molecularly changed by Logan's healing factor and it regenerates (in time) as well.

Only way to explain how his skull was completely covered in XI (x-ray scene), when he had holes punched through in Origins. Though this could just be a continuity error.

Wouldn't be surprised if in the last Wolverine flick they're making, Logan's claws still aren't covered and he regains the adamantium through some other means.

Makes sense since he had metal claws in DoFP too when they were cut off in his solo flick

Old Post Sep 17th, 2015 08:45 PM
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by juggerman
Was that established? Deadpool was created by gene splicing many different mutants together but Logan was never experimented on iirc. The only thing they did to him was the adamantium bonding. They never took his DNA or anything. Deadpool's HF came from a different mutant, probably Creed iirc. Or am I remembering wrong?

You are remembering wrong, striker said after the bonding process they had his DNA for the Deadpool project.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2015 09:43 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi

He did say that, though we know that not to be true in comics as he had no issue with bonding. Even in the movie, he believed he would do just fine and his HF was up to Logan's. That said, I probably was Logan's they used, but I can't recall the specific scene where it states such

Old Post Sep 17th, 2015 09:48 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi is currently offline Click here to Send KuRuPT Thanosi a Private Message Find more posts by KuRuPT Thanosi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KuRuPT Thanosi

Yeah that's probably a continuity issue there. Seems to be an issue with that series.

I'd like to see that actually, it would be cool to see them explain how he recovered it.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2015 09:49 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by juggerman
Yes but that might have been a lie seeing as how he no longer needed to test the process. Deadpool was the end game. Giving Creed adamantium was kinda pointless

iirc, the reason he wanted to try it on Logan was to see if his HF could survive the process, as a test before he did it to Weapon XI (his ultimate weapon against mutants).

Seems like he would have used Logan's HF in XI, considering the above.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2015 10:57 PM
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Striker said after the bonding process they had his DNA, so I dont see what is the question here.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2015 11:53 PM
juggerman

I didn't remember him saying that but I'll take your word rather than watching the film again

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 02:41 PM
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Min 4:10

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 03:48 PM