KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Kurse vs. General Zod

Kurse vs. General Zod
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Kurse vs. General Zod

*H2H only
*No BFR
*No heat vision from Zod/No flight

Fight takes place on neutral ground

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Feb 19th, 2016 12:00 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Kurse breaks him.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2016 12:22 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

This is going to be one loooong fight. I'm leaning a bit toward Zod due to speed but Kurse also doesn't seem to feel pain. Don't know...

Old Post Feb 19th, 2016 12:42 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Despite Zod losing powers here, he'd win.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 19th, 2016 12:50 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
Despite Zod losing powers here, he'd win.
Based on ?

Old Post Feb 19th, 2016 02:25 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

By reading the Op.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2016 08:19 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Zod is stronger, he makes shockwaves with his punches and he's much faster than Kurse too. Kurse gets dummied before he knows he's even in a fight.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2016 11:18 AM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juk3n
Devils Advocate

Speed kills.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2016 01:08 PM
Juk3n is currently offline Click here to Send Juk3n a Private Message Find more posts by Juk3n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kotor3

If this is Zod from MOS movie then their is definitely a chance of him losing. All he did in MOS was get his butt kicked. If this is Reeves Zod then Kurse dies.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2016 01:39 PM
Kotor3 is currently offline Click here to Send Kotor3 a Private Message Find more posts by Kotor3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by relentless1
Zod is stronger, he makes shockwaves with his punches and he's much faster than Kurse too. Kurse gets dummied before he knows he's even in a fight.
Based on ?

Old Post Feb 19th, 2016 03:05 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Kazenji
By reading the Op.
Zod loses even harder here.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2016 03:05 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi

Originally posted by relentless1

What leads you to believe Zod is stronger than Kurse?

Even if so (I disagree), that still doesn't for Kurse being seemingly more durable

Old Post Feb 19th, 2016 04:24 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi is currently offline Click here to Send KuRuPT Thanosi a Private Message Find more posts by KuRuPT Thanosi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Strength advantage is questionable. Thor was strong enough to block a hit from the Hulk and even turn Hulk 360 with a punch. He was completely helpless against Kurse. Also, other than a blackhole grenade we're not sure what it takes to end Kurse. He took an elven blade straight through and didn't seem like it was bothering him. On the other hand, we know Zod's neck can be snapped.

So I give durability to Kurse. Fighting skill to Kurse as well. Strength is a toss up. Speed and mobility to Zod. I do believe Kurse can land a few hits on Zod, considering Zod isn't exactly QS fast and Kurse was able to slap away Mjolnir. Whether those few hits are enough to take out Zod is the question.

Right now, I say Zod 6/10.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2016 05:01 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

OP says no flight, so Zod doesn't really have a speed or mobility advantage.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2016 05:02 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tattoos N Scars
Modern Day Drifter

Originally posted by FrothByte
Strength advantage is questionable. Thor was strong enough to block a hit from the Hulk and even turn Hulk 360 with a punch. He was completely helpless against Kurse. Also, other than a blackhole grenade we're not sure what it takes to end Kurse. He took an elven blade straight through and didn't seem like it was bothering him. On the other hand, we know Zod's neck can be snapped.

So I give durability to Kurse. Fighting skill to Kurse as well. Strength is a toss up. Speed and mobility to Zod. I do believe Kurse can land a few hits on Zod, considering Zod isn't exactly QS fast and Kurse was able to slap away Mjolnir. Whether those few hits are enough to take out Zod is the question.

Right now, I say Zod 6/10.

It is evident that the MCU intended Hulk to be physically stronger than Thor. Thor's strength is not showcased like it is in the comics. From onscreen feats, we can see Thor's punches are not hard enough to send Hulk flying, like Abomination and Hulkbuster Iron Man did. Thir is no weakling. He's stronger than Iron Man, but weaker than Hulk and Kurse.

As for Kurse vs Zod, it is evident that Zod is above Thor in strength based on feats. I don't know if Zod will win, but it will last a while and Kurse will be taken off his feet several times.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2016 05:19 PM
Tattoos N Scars is currently offline Click here to Send Tattoos N Scars a Private Message Find more posts by Tattoos N Scars Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
It is evident that the MCU intended Hulk to be physically stronger than Thor. Thor's strength is not showcased like it is in the comics. From onscreen feats, we can see Thor's punches are not hard enough to send Hulk flying, like Abomination and Hulkbuster Iron Man did. Thir is no weakling. He's stronger than Iron Man, but weaker than Hulk and Kurse.

As for Kurse vs Zod, it is evident that Zod is above Thor in strength based on feats. I don't know if Zod will win, but it will last a while and Kurse will be taken off his feet several times.

I know Hulk is stronger than Thor. But Thor was able to block Hulk's hammer punch (though with difficulty) and was strong enough to spin Hulk around with a punch. That's still a pretty good strength showing. My point was, he was unable to do any of those stuff with Kurse, which is what makes me rate Kurse stronger than Hulk, which is why I'm unsure who's stronger between Kurse and Zod.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2016 05:23 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by Silent Master
OP says no flight, so Zod doesn't really have a speed or mobility advantage.

Prior to his flight, Zod was jumping around and crawling on building somewhat like Hulk, which is why I gave him mobility advantage.

Though come to think of it, did Zod ever display any speed feats that weren't him flying? I know Faora had some speed feats minus flying but can't remember Zod doing any.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2016 05:26 PM
ShadowFyre

I think Kurse will win due to attrition. Zod's gonna be whoopin his for awile unless he catches a backhand like something thats faster and more durable than he is did. Then his little floppy neck that Kryptonian super soldiers apparently get might get damaged. I love how Zod mentioned twice that soldiers were made for fighting and then promptly get beatdown by a scientist and a person who had been in one fight their entire life.

So Kurse>kryptonian bum>janitor>farmer>scientist> super elite soldier.

One is a stoic, well disciplined death machine that doesent need to get in a hurry.. The other one is a complete emotional wreck that cant focus on his fights.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2016 05:39 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by FrothByte
Prior to his flight, Zod was jumping around and crawling on building somewhat like Hulk, which is why I gave him mobility advantage.

Though come to think of it, did Zod ever display any speed feats that weren't him flying? I know Faora had some speed feats minus flying but can't remember Zod doing any.

Fair enough.

I don't remember any either.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2016 05:45 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kotor3

Originally posted by ShadowFyre
I think Kurse will win due to attrition. Zod's gonna be whoopin his for awile unless he catches a backhand like something thats faster and more durable than he is did. Then his little floppy neck that Kryptonian super soldiers apparently get might get damaged. I love how Zod mentioned twice that soldiers were made for fighting and then promptly get beatdown by a scientist and a person who had been in one fight their entire life.

So Kurse>kryptonian bum>janitor>farmer>scientist> super elite soldier.

One is a stoic, well disciplined death machine that doesent need to get in a hurry.. The other one is a complete emotional wreck that cant focus on his fights.
thumb up

Old Post Feb 19th, 2016 07:07 PM
Kotor3 is currently offline Click here to Send Kotor3 a Private Message Find more posts by Kotor3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote