KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Luke Cage vs Hellboy

Luke Cage vs Hellboy
Started by: Tattoos N Scars

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tattoos N Scars
Modern Day Drifter

Luke Cage vs Hellboy

This is strictly h2h fight. They meet up in Hell's Kitchen and throw down. Both bloodlusted.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2016 01:28 AM
Tattoos N Scars is currently offline Click here to Send Tattoos N Scars a Private Message Find more posts by Tattoos N Scars Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

Hellboy

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2016 01:38 AM
Henry_Pym is currently offline Click here to Send Henry_Pym a Private Message Find more posts by Henry_Pym Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Henry_Pym
Hellboy
thumb up

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2016 06:29 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Hellboy

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2016 06:40 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Red stomps.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 05:11 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Why? Why does Hellboy win?

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 05:22 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

He's been hit harder than Cage can match and been fine. Plus he's likely strong enough to hurt Cage

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 06:05 AM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by juggerman
He's been hit harder than Cage can match and been fine. Plus he's likely strong enough to hurt Cage

You think Hellboy will survive getting shot point blank multiple times? You think he can hurt Cage by punching him with his regular hand?

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 06:18 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Or he could just punch him with his right hand as it is part of him.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 06:24 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Originally posted by FrothByte
You think Hellboy will survive getting shot point blank multiple times? You think he can hurt Cage by punching him with his regular hand?

Cage doesn't have a gun here. And I'm not 100% on if he can hurt him with his small hand but the Hand of Doom is enough

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 06:28 AM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by juggerman
Cage doesn't have a gun here. And I'm not 100% on if he can hurt him with his small hand but the Hand of Doom is enough

The hand of doom is but 1 hand, whereas Cage has both arms and legs to do damage with. I brought up the gun question because Cage is quite solidly bulletproof whereas Hellboy is not, which seems to point to Cage being the more durable of the 2.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 07:13 AM
juggerman

The hand of doom is but 1 hand, whereas Cage has both arms and legs to do damage with. I brought up the gun question because Cage is quite solidly bulletproof whereas Hellboy is not, which seems to point to Cage being the more durable of the 2.

Right but Cage can't produce the amount to abuse HB has endured and not been KO'd by whereas HB can hit just as hard (likely much harder) than Diamondback. And HB has more blunt force durability than piercing durability. And seeing as how Cage is unarmed, it wouldn't matter about him not being able to tank bullets

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 07:25 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Has Hellboy even been shot by guns in the movies?....been a while since i've watched them.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 07:38 AM
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Cage has better piercing durability, but Red can take a lot more blunt force trauma. At the end of the first Hellboy movie, that grenade belt with at least 5 grenades attached to it exploded while it was in Red's hands, and it didn't hurt him in the slightest.

Where as a shot gun blast to the head put Cage in a coma.

Besides that, Red is a lot more agile, and fights with more skill, as opposed to Cage who typically just leads with his chin.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 07:43 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

It was more than simply a shotgun blast to the head. It was a pointblank shot behind the chin bone, basically aimed directly at the base of his brain. And even then, it is a low-end compared to things like the SUV impact, bar explosion, and rocket launcher + building collapse, the last of which did KO him for a bit, but did no lasting damage. In fact, with the exception of the bar explosion, most of Luke's JJ showings are shit compared to his own series. I would also like to just point out that Diamondback did little real damage to Luke in anyways. And that was even though Luke was trying to talk him down at multiple points in the fight, and clearly didn't want to seriously harm him. And that fight was dumb as f*** in anyways. In any realistic scenario, he would have just pulled off the helmet and tapped him on the head, or pulled the giant, flashing power pack off his back.

That being said, I do think Hellboy takes it. He does have very good blunt force resistance, the Hand of Doom is able to flip a car by hitting its front end (which is technically damn near impossible, but whatever), and he is a faster and more skilled fighter than Luke is.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Nov 24th, 2016 at 08:57 AM

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 08:43 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Let's not forget that Hellboy got beat up by Krauss by simply slamming locker doors at him. Sure it didn't injure him at all but it still hurt him and was enough to put him on his ass. Cage wouldn't even have flinched from such an attack.

HB's hand of doom is strong and durable enough to take on Cage but the rest of HB's body isn't. If you disagree with me then ask yourself this: Do you think HB can stop a speeding SUV WITHOUT the use of his hand of doom?

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 04:50 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Kazenji
Has Hellboy even been shot by guns in the movies?....been a while since i've watched them.

I can't recall a specific instance of him being shot, but Nuada was able to stab him with a spear, so make of that what you will.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 05:30 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Let's not forget that Hellboy got beat up by Krauss by simply slamming locker doors at him. Sure it didn't injure him at all but it still hurt him and was enough to put him on his ass. Cage wouldn't even have flinched from such an attack.

That was clearly intended as comedic relief, Red has taken way worse without damage. I.e getting hit by a train.

HB's hand of doom is strong and durable enough to take on Cage but the rest of HB's body isn't. If you disagree with me then ask yourself this: Do you think HB can stop a speeding SUV WITHOUT the use of his hand of doom?

If he put his whole body into it like Cage? Yes.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2016 12:13 AM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn

That was clearly intended as comedic relief, Red has taken way worse without damage. I.e getting hit by a train.

If he put his whole body into it like Cage? Yes. [/B]

So you think HB can shoulder block a speeding SUV and stop it?

Ok, I guess if that's how you feel about HB then I understand why you think he'd win. Personally, I just don't see him accomplishing it. He'll probably survive getting hit by the SUV but I don't see him being strong enough to stop it in its tracks.

As for comic relief, yes it was done in humor but that doesn't change the fact that Hellboy doesn't exactly shrug off physical attacks as easily as Cage does. I mean, Cage can knock out a person with a light slap on their head. I can't see HB replicating that unless he uses his rock hand.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2016 12:17 AM
Esau Cairn
Contagious

You keep referring to HB's Hand Of Doom like it's a seperate entity altogether. Like it's an unfair advantage & not acknowledging that it's part of what makes HellBoy who he is.

If HellBoy is capable of making "Hulk-like" leaps (as depicted by witness accounts in 1st movie) then his body would be durable enough to survive the impact of the landing...in this case, yes he would also be able to survive the impact of a speeding SUV without the use of his Hand Of Doom.

I'll further speculate that if HellBoy grew his horns back, they'd be "magically/mystically" be strong enough to penetrate Luke's flesh.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2016 01:56 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote