KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Hela vs. Voldemort

Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Hela stomps 6 85.71%
Hela wins 1 14.29%
Tie 0 0%
Voldemort wins 0 0%
Voldermort stomps 0 0%
Total: 7 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Hela vs. Voldemort
Started by: Stigma

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Hela vs. Voldemort

They start 100 feet apart.

Setting: Chicago, Willis Tower

Who wins?

Last edited by Stigma on Nov 5th, 2017 at 06:06 PM

Old Post Nov 5th, 2017 06:04 PM
Stigma is currently offline Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Hela throws a sword 100 feet. /thread

Old Post Nov 5th, 2017 06:27 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

What about Voldy's avada kedavra?

Old Post Nov 5th, 2017 07:00 PM
Stigma is currently offline Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

A killing spell on the Goddess of Death? What if they used Fiendfyre on Human Torch?

Old Post Nov 5th, 2017 07:31 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Voldy dies horribly

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Nov 5th, 2017 09:44 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KingD19
A killing spell on the Goddess of Death? What if they used Fiendfyre on Human Torch?

It's magical in nature so I could see the argument being made for that having a effect on Human Torch, but I agree entirely with the comparison. You could also throw water at Aquaman.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 08:18 AM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Huh, so noone is backing up Voldemort here? I guess I overestimated him.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 10:28 AM
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Originally posted by Utrigita
It's magical in nature so I could see the argument being made for that having a effect on Human Torch, but I agree entirely with the comparison. You could also throw water at Aquaman.

Well to be fair, you can "throw" water on a regular person and it wouldn't hurt...

"goddess of death" is just a name - unlike Thor, she doesn't display any powers embodying death, decay, corruption etc. Aside from the comics/Norse mythology reference, her name probably comes from her enjoyment/adeptness at killing people (Odin's "executioner").

I see no reason why AK wouldn't affect Hela *unless* her level of sorcery is higher than that of the HP-verse.

If one really wanted to make an argument, then we should all be reminded that the writers decided to get cute in the first movie, where Thor states magic does not exist, and it is only "science" not yet understood (or something along those lines).

Last edited by Placidity on Nov 6th, 2017 at 12:04 PM

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 12:01 PM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

And to further jump on the analogy train: Using an electric shock device on the god of thunder - oh wait...

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 12:17 PM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

There's no evidence that the obedience disk is electricity based. By the way, if you actually look at the definition of science, magic as seen in the MCU and other fictional universes would easily qualify.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 12:44 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

The obedience disks weren't electricty based. Electricity was involved, but it seemed to be some sort of fast acting poison/paralytic agent similar to getting tased. Because getting tased doesn't cause your veins to turn blue and stick out of your skin.

Also, Thor said Asgardian "magic" is simply tech so advanced it seems like magic to humans. He never said magic isn't real, because that would mean Fenris, Surtur, etc... are all science based. And they're not.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 02:47 PM
Silent Master

IIRC, He actually said that your ancestors called it magic, you call it science. To Asgardians it's one and the same.

Thor never said magic doesn't exist or that Asgardians don't use it. In fact, in every subsequent example its referred to as magic, spells or something they were taught.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 03:02 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Originally posted by Silent Master
IIRC, He actually said that your ancestors called it magic, you call it science. To Asgardians it's one and the same.

Thor never said magic doesn't exist or that Asgardians don't use it. In fact, in every subsequent example its referred to as magic, spells or something they were taught.

You're right. That is the more accurate quote.

And that's also correct. Loki and Odin mention Friga teaching Loki all his magic and illusions for example.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 03:07 PM
KingD19

Originally posted by Placidity
Well to be fair, you can "throw" water on a regular person and it wouldn't hurt...

"goddess of death" is just a name - unlike Thor, she doesn't display any powers embodying death, decay, corruption etc. Aside from the comics/Norse mythology reference, her name probably comes from her enjoyment/adeptness at killing people (Odin's "executioner").

I see no reason why AK wouldn't affect Hela *unless* her level of sorcery is higher than that of the HP-verse.

If one really wanted to make an argument, then we should all be reminded that the writers decided to get cute in the first movie, where Thor states magic does not exist, and it is only "science" not yet understood (or something along those lines).

Hela straight up brings ancient Asgardian soldiers and Fenris back to life by corrupting the Eternal Flame with her own powers. How is that not displaying any powers over death?

But let's be honest, Voldemort gets a sword through his gut before he realizes what's going on. Hela was fast as shit compared to other Asgardians. Voldemort couldn't land hits on Harry.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 04:05 PM
Silent Master

Not to mention the AK isn't foolproof, at least 2 people have survived it.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 04:12 PM
KingD19

Also Hela ignored multiple "fatal" wounds. She just healed immediately if she even got injured.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 04:20 PM
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Originally posted by Silent Master
Not to mention the AK isn't foolproof, at least 2 people have survived it.

Hmm. That's a fair point.

I wonder what other spells Voldermort can use to harm Hela.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 05:58 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Hela Wins!

Too fast for Voldi, and his spells may not even have an effect on her so....Voldi loses this one.

*Hoping for Quanchi not to come all grumpy at me* laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 06:00 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Where's Quan? Did Rob finally kill him?

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 06:02 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Originally posted by steverules_2
Where's Quan? Did Rob finally kill him?

LOL, why so brutal.

But yeah, a case for Voldy needs to be made. So far voices backing up Hela are dominating this thread.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 06:07 PM