KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » MCU Kingpin vs. Erik Killmonger

MCU Kingpin vs. Erik Killmonger
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

MCU Kingpin vs. Erik Killmonger

Erik is depowered as of the Ritual fight
H2H only

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post May 24th, 2018 02:21 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Kingpin. Black Panthers are impressive due to the Heart shaped herb. They're still good without but Kingpin is a different beast. He gives DD all he can handle and honestly without DD's suit he gets ****ed up. Some of the hits to the face and body Kingpin deliverd on DD would have probably ko'd him without his upgraded suit. Also, he wrekt Frank Castle pretty easily (I mean, he was chained up...not really fair). Point is, without the heart shaped herb Killmonger doesn't have what it takes to ko Kingpin.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post May 24th, 2018 01:09 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Without the herb T'Challa took down M'Baku who would toss Kingpin around like a child.

Old Post May 24th, 2018 03:31 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KingD19
Without the herb T'Challa took down M'Baku who would toss Kingpin around like a child.
Nope. Kingpin has enough strength to decapitate a persons skull from their body (using a door, but still). That is immense strength. We also see him benching I believe at least 400lbs. (have to watch DD season 2 again) .

He doesn't go down easy and it took someone trained in Martial arts from the time he was a child (I.e a master) with super human senses and heightened reflexes to beat him. Kingpin wins.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post May 24th, 2018 03:37 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Nope. Kingpin has enough strength to decapitate a persons skull from their body (using a door, but still). That is immense strength. We also see him benching I believe at least 400lbs. (have to watch DD season 2 again) .

He doesn't go down easy and it took someone trained in Martial arts from the time he was a child (I.e a master) with super human senses and heightened reflexes to beat him. Kingpin wins.

Okay? Nothing you've stated is anywhere near M'Baku's strength.

Did you watch Panther? How he bent down and picked up a Border Tribe soldier by the neck, stood up, then easily threw him at least 10 feet over his back with one hand.

Or when he used his war club to send people literally flying?

Or in Infinity War when he was taking down plenty of Thanos' foot soldiers with again, a wooden war club.

Even without the Herb T'Challa took him down with technique, speed, and skill. Something Killmonger has in spades considering he took on T'Challa fair and square and used his almost literal lifetime of training to take him down.

Old Post May 24th, 2018 04:27 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Okay? Nothing you've stated is anywhere near M'Baku's strength.

Did you watch Panther? How he bent down and picked up a Border Tribe soldier by the neck, stood up, then easily threw him at least 10 feet over his back with one hand.

Or when he used his war club to send people literally flying?

Or in Infinity War when he was taking down plenty of Thanos' foot soldiers with again, a wooden war club.

Even without the Herb T'Challa took him down with technique, speed, and skill. Something Killmonger has in spades considering he took on T'Challa fair and square and used his almost literal lifetime of training to take him down.
Those are nice feats, but not more impressive than some of the stuff KP has done. Also Kingpin doesn't need a weapon to beat the shit out of stuff with..he uses his bare hands. 'Nuff said.

And again, he got taken down by a good fighter (T'challa) but not a great one (Daredevil). If he had beaten T'challa WITHOUT the debuff then I'd give him the edge. As it stands I go with KP.

Last edited by CPT Space Bomb on May 24th, 2018 at 04:38 PM

Old Post May 24th, 2018 04:36 PM
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Also, this has NOTHING to do with M'Baku. This is between Killmonger (debuffed) vs Kingpin. You can't use abc fight logic as Killmonger never fought M'baku anyway. Also, T'challa barely beat M'baku.

Kingpin wins.

Fighters in real life are kind of like rocks/paper/scissors. It's why boxers and ufc fighters sometimes have 1 guy that gives them a loss that doesn't beat anyone else....In other words, you can't assume that Killmonger would beat M'baku in a fight.

Old Post May 24th, 2018 04:41 PM
KingD19

Do you realize the strength needed to throw a fully grown man behind you over your head? More than Kingpin showed as any time he tossed Matt around, he didn't go too far. M'Baku sent a guy flying. Using his club, he also sent people flying 10-15 feet away. That's more impressive than Kingpin period.

Old Post May 24th, 2018 04:42 PM
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Do you realize the strength needed to throw a fully grown man behind you over your head? More than Kingpin showed as any time he tossed Matt around, he didn't go too far. M'Baku sent a guy flying. Using his club, he also sent people flying 10-15 feet away. That's more impressive than Kingpin period.
Read my previous posts all the way through. And I disagree with that sentiment anyway.

Last edited by CPT Space Bomb on May 24th, 2018 at 04:46 PM

Old Post May 24th, 2018 04:43 PM
Arachnid1

This is a good thread.

It's worth noting that non amped BP beat M'Baku through skill and agility. He didn't match him in strength. Killmonger beat BP through skill and ferocity too. Both of these fights had the individuals armed with shields and weapons too. Neither of these are a factor here since it's a hand to hand fight, and a hand to hand fight with a stronger opponent who's fought people more skilled than you is a bad place to be.

It's also worth noting that DDs first fight with Kingpin took place right after DD spent a few minutes being beat by Nobu.

Still, IMO beating someone like DD in a H2H fight is more impressive than beating a depowered T'Challa when you're armed. Yeah, DD was weakened, but even weakened he's more of a force to be reckoned with than a depowered BP. Like it's been mentioned, DD has been trained since childhood to be a martial arts master and has super human senses on top of heightened reflexes (and some insane damage soak). He's a flat out super human who's taken on scores of armed men with nothing but his fists and clubs. I can't see a depowered T'Challa pulling off that kind of stuff.

EDIT: I just rewatched the final fight he had with DD. Kingpin beat the holy crap out of him and the only reason DD ended up winning was his armor. A showing like that against a fully functional and billy club armed DD with armor gives Kingpin the solid win here.

PWNT

Old Post May 24th, 2018 06:41 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Originally posted by Arachnid1
This is a good thread.
EDIT: I just rewatched the final fight he had with DD. Kingpin beat the holy crap out of him and the only reason DD ended up winning was his armor. A showing like that against a fully functional and billy club armed DD with armor gives Kingpin the solid win here.

Yep thumb up

Old Post May 24th, 2018 08:18 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

I have to go with Kilmonger. DD in S1 wasn't really all that great yet. He was fast and he was skilled but he didn't hit hard. Normally he needed multiple hits against regular goons to take them out. It also didn't help that DD fought Kingpin in close confines where he couldn't utilize his speed and acrobatics to full effect. Add to that the fact that Kingpin fought DD when DD had barely healed from his injuries... and I'd have to give it to Kilmonger, as long as he has enough space to move.

Kilmonger was fast, skilled, ruthless... and hit harder than S1 DD. That said, it's not going to be an easy fight.

Old Post May 24th, 2018 09:40 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Season 1 DD was fine. By the end he was near the top of his game, and that's when he fought Fisk on the streets. As Arachnid said the ONLY reason DD even won is because he upgraded his armor to the point it can take knifes and bullets to some extent. Fisk beat the absolute shit out of him and almost won. Neither T'challa or Killmonger in their DEBUFFED state are going to be as fast or as deadly in melee than DD was at the end of Season 1.

Old Post May 24th, 2018 09:45 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Season 1 DD was fine. By the end he was near the top of his game, and that's when he fought Fisk on the streets. As Arachnid said the ONLY reason DD even won is because he upgraded his armor to the point it can take knifes and bullets to some extent. Fisk beat the absolute shit out of him and almost won. Neither T'challa or Killmonger in their DEBUFFED state are going to be as fast or as deadly in melee than DD was at the end of Season 1.

The dude had just gotten beat up to within an inch of his life shortly before that fight. No way he would have ever been at 100% in that fight. Also in S1, again, DD needed multiple hits to take out street thugs. Compare that to other high end fighters like Black Widow or Ward or Daisy, and they normally dispatch random thugs with a hit or two.

S2 DD was like that, especially in Defenders, but not in S1.

Old Post May 24th, 2018 09:48 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I don't know what the phuck you guys are talking about. Fisk was largely getting dominated by DD in h2h. DD must have landed something like four to five times more blows than Fisk did, and he was getting rocked by those blows. Fisk only turned the tables around when, while getting his bootyhole blasted by Matt, he grabbed a steel pipe and swung it at his skull. If weapon feats don't count for Killmonger, should they for Fisk?

Old Post May 24th, 2018 09:52 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Originally posted by NemeBro

I don't know what the phuck you guys are talking about. Fisk was largely getting dominated by DD in h2h. DD must have landed something like four to five times more blows than Fisk did, and he was getting rocked by those blows. Fisk only turned the tables around when, while getting his bootyhole blasted by Matt, he grabbed a steel pipe and swung it at his skull. If weapon feats don't count for Killmonger, should they for Fisk?
Daredevil would have lost without his suit. Your video only further solidifies that. Fisk was picking him up and slamming him into walls and throwing him onto the ground. ALSO, Daredevil has MUCH, MUCH higher damage soak than T'challa has. Again, if you let Killmonger have his power and/or suit then he wins. But that's not what this thread is about. It's about un-amped Killmonger vs Kingpin so Kingpin wins.

Old Post May 24th, 2018 10:23 PM
NemeBro

Daredevil would have lost without his suit. Your video only further solidifies that. Fisk was picking him up and slamming him into walls and throwing him onto the ground. ALSO, Daredevil has MUCH, MUCH higher damage soak than T'challa has. Again, if you let Killmonger have his power and/or suit then he wins. But that's not what this thread is about. It's about un-amped Killmonger vs Kingpin so Kingpin wins.
But Kingpin doesn't get any weapons. Without weapons he was being tooled by Daredevil. He's an average fighter at best and not particularly fast. I haven't seen BP yet so I'm not commenting on the outcome of the fight, but pretending that Fisk "beat the absolute shit out of DD" is bullshit, especially when you consider that he only really clinched an advantage when he blindsided Matt with a weapon. In fisticuffs he was firmly inferior to Matt.

Old Post May 25th, 2018 01:28 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Originally posted by NemeBro
But Kingpin doesn't get any weapons. Without weapons he was being tooled by Daredevil. He's an average fighter at best and not particularly fast. I haven't seen BP yet so I'm not commenting on the outcome of the fight, but pretending that Fisk "beat the absolute shit out of DD" is bullshit, especially when you consider that he only really clinched an advantage when he blindsided Matt with a weapon. In fisticuffs he was firmly inferior to Matt.
No he wasnt. He was getting hit a lot yes, but he was also dishing it out. And the damage he took before grabbing the pipe wasn't much at all. Before he grabbed the pipe he'd slammed DD into 2 walls and tossed him to the ground. Also, if we're just judging the fight the ONLY REASON Daredevil didn't lose was because he had his suit. He was blocking FIsks attacks from the pipe with his arms. His arms had metal in the suit and were blocking the bone breaking damage that would have been dished out to him without it. The point is, without the suit DD loses. And DD is a better fighter than T'challa AND has MUCH, MUCH higher damage soak.

T'challa with the herb and/or his suit however beats DD and Kingpin. But this is not about BP, it's about a DEBUFFED Killmonger and neither him or Kingpin get weapons. My money is on Kingpin.

Old Post May 25th, 2018 02:11 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

People who are arguing both that Fisk would have beaten Matt without his suit and that end of S1 Matt is comparable to Defenders Matt... Just how? Do you actually believe Fisk is comparable to Black Sky Elektra, considering Matt was able to give her a decent fight, and take some of her super strong hits, before she'd discovered his identity, and without any of his gear?

Old Post May 25th, 2018 02:52 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
People who are arguing both that Fisk would have beaten Matt without his suit and that end of S1 Matt is comparable to Defenders Matt... Just how? Do you actually believe Fisk is comparable to Black Sky Elektra, considering Matt was able to give her a decent fight, and take some of her super strong hits, before she'd discovered his identity, and without any of his gear?

Defenders DD would have beaten the crap out of S1 DD.

Old Post May 25th, 2018 03:34 AM