KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » Genryusai Yamamoto vs. Master Roshi

Genryusai Yamamoto vs. Master Roshi
Started by: marwash22

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Genryusai Yamamoto vs. Master Roshi

Captain Commander

(please log in to view the image)

vs.

Turtle Hermit

(please log in to view the image)

- to the death.
- full power.
- Roshi from DB.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 06:19 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

i have this as Roshi from DB 'cause i assume he was better in his youth, but i suppose he's more powerful in DBZ?... whichever the case, make it Roshi at his best.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 06:21 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Roshi destroyed the moon. Better than anything Yamamoto ever did iirc.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 06:23 AM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Yeah... Roshi.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 06:29 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

sure, 'cause Yama's gonna get hit by a kamehameha wave.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 06:40 AM
NemeBro

Roshi doesn't need a full power one to kill Yama.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 06:47 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Yama's fast enough to dodge any kai blast... and strong enough to shrug a weak one off.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 07:06 AM
NemeBro

The gap between the best thing Yama has tanked and moon busting is astronomical.

Roshi is frankly quantifiably faster.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 07:28 AM
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NemeBro
The gap between the best thing Yama has tanked and moon busting is astronomical.
as i said, Yama's too fast. in the time it would take to charge a blast powerful enough to destroy the moon, Roshi would find his head resting at his feet.

Also, on that subject, destroying the moon (a planet) is not even close to being the same thing as killing a person. planet busting feats in DB/Z are accomplished by shooting energy into the body's core which effectively detonates it. All it takes to overcome a kai blast is being stronger than said blast, that's why characters slapped 'em away all the time. planets, as you know, are defenseless.

I could be wrong, but i think Cell is the only person dumb enough to actually be destroyed by a kai blast.

Yama tanked hundreds of rapid class 100 punches so i doubt any random kai blast is gonna hurt him. Yama also contained a blast that would have completely disintegrated an entire town. Not one Kai blast EVER fired in the history of DB/Z could disintegrate a city.

Originally posted by NemeBro
Roshi is frankly quantifiably faster.
lol. elaborate please.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 12:47 PM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Yeah, no.

Roshi is not faster than the Captain Commander. People like Yuroichi and Byakuya, who are known far and wide as Flash Step Masters, faster than most people, can't hold a candle to him.

And these are speeds fast enough to go from one end of a city to the other in an instant.

Roshi can't even fly, and the most speed we've ever seen from his is the after image I believe.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 01:14 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

*eats popcorn*

I'm in for a show. Yay.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 03:10 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

quote:
lol. elaborate please.

Mach 5 Byakuya/Ichigo/Ukitake < Yamamoto.

Mach 14+ Tao < Roshi.

Tao is already far faster than the any known speed feat in Bleach save for Dangai Ichigo's slash speed, who would easily blitz Yama.

And a fraction of that mountain busting wave would be above Yama's low-city durability.

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 06:20 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

1. where are you getting these numbers?
2. what episode does Roshi learn to fly?

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 08:23 PM
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Not sure about mach 5, but some previous calcs put Ichi bankai level speed at 3-5. Though think it was from Byakuya's 'twice as fast when I use my hands' comment. And as the best speed before that fight had Shikai Ichi barely at supersonic, his Bankai form during the fight would be at most touching hypersonic.

The 14 comes from Tao throwing a pillar at Mach 14 then jumping even faster than that to land on it. Some guy made the calc, (will find if needed) though Tao himself estimates beforehand that he'd throw it at Mach 7, still making him at the 14 mark for jumping faster than it.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 08:50 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Apparently some new calcs call the Bleach ones into question. Fun times.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 08:57 PM
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Just the Byakuya/Ma5 one I think, making the next highest Mach 3ish.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 09:01 PM
NemeBro

Originally posted by marwash22
as i said, Yama's too fast. in the time it would take to charge a blast powerful enough to destroy the moon, Roshi would find his head resting at his feet.

He could just charge one powerful enough to destroy a mountain. That is easily adequate.

quote:
Also, on that subject, destroying the moon (a planet) is not even close to being the same thing as killing a person. planet busting feats in DB/Z are accomplished by shooting energy into the body's core which effectively detonates it. All it takes to overcome a kai blast is being stronger than said blast, that's why characters slapped 'em away all the time. planets, as you know, are defenseless.

Hilarious.

No, that is how Freeza destroyed planet Namek. When Muten Roshi and Piccolo destroyed the moon, it was vaporised.

To be blunt, destroying the core of the moon is still easily powerful enough to kill every Bleach character.

quote:
I could be wrong, but i think Cell is the only person dumb enough to actually be destroyed by a kai blast.

Yama tanked hundreds of rapid class 100 punches so i doubt any random kai blast is gonna hurt him. Yama also contained a blast that would have completely disintegrated an entire town. Not one Kai blast EVER fired in the history of DB/Z could disintegrate a city.

Are you actually implying that turning a town to ash requires more power than destroying the core of a planet?

Also, bullshit, Nappa disintegrated a city with a blast the size of a country with a gesture.

quote:
lol. elaborate please.

Roshi is stronger than Tao. Tao, who was calced at mach 14.

Monster Aizen, the second strongest character after Dangai Ichigo, was calced at mach 10.

Whoa.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 10:35 PM
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

"Pretty sure that mach 7 was the accepted calc." ~Guy on Yamamoto.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 11:01 PM
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

@ Nem.

1. Sure. And Yama's just gonna stand there while he charges. roll eyes (sarcastic) I love it when people treat a fight like it's one sided as if the fighter they aren't backing doesn't know a fight is taking place. You can't say one fighter will blitz and have the other stand there like a mouth breather. Roshi would have no answer for shunpo... save your bs calculations and show me Roshi fighting someone who can 'port miles at a time with very little effort.

2. Bullshit. That is an absurd thing to claim. The blast he fired clearly did not VAPORIZE the moon. The blast BLEW UP the moon which is completely different and shows that energy was shot through the body which caused it to explode. If it what you claimed had actually happened, there wouldn't have been chunks of moon flying, instead the entire body would have been turned into dust. stop making stuff up.

Also, dunno how many times i need to say it, but Yama isn't just gonna stand still while someone fires a blast in his direction.

3. That's not what i said and until you acknowledge the difference between blowing something up and completely vaporizing it, there's no need for me to continue the discussion.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 11:08 PM
NemeBro

Originally posted by marwash22
1. Sure. And Yama's just gonna stand there while he charges. roll eyes (sarcastic) I love it when people treat a fight like it's one sided as if the fighter they aren't backing doesn't know a fight is taking place. You can't say one fighter will blitz and have the other stand there like a mouth breather. Roshi would have no answer for shunpo... save your bs calculations and show me Roshi fighting someone who can 'port miles at a time with very little effort.

He doesn't need to use his most powerful blast to kill Yamamoto.

No answer for Shunpo? Why? Because you say so? Can you show me a time frame in the manga panels for how long it took them to run kilometers?

Also, lolno, calcs are valid. Without them, we would have stupid people just arguing interpretations of feats, without quantifying them.

Yamamoto is much slower than Monster Aizen, who is four machs behind Tao.

quote:
2. Bullshit. That is an absurd thing to claim. The blast he fired clearly did not VAPORIZE the moon. The blast BLEW UP the moon which is completely different and shows that energy was shot through the body which caused it to explode. If it what you claimed had actually happened, there wouldn't have been chunks of moon flying, instead the entire body would have been turned into dust. stop making stuff up.

You know I frankly don't care. Either one is astronomically more powerful than Bleach's best feat, if I forgot exactly how the moon was destroyed, it doesn't matter.

quote:
Also, dunno how many times i need to say it, but Yama isn't just gonna stand still while someone fires a blast in his direction.

You can say it however many times you like. It doesn't make you right.

quote:
3. That's not what i said and until you acknowledge the difference between blowing something up and completely vaporizing it, there's no need for me to continue the discussion.

Acknowledge that vaporising a town is not actually as good a feat as "blowing up" the moon.

Oh Marwash, you and your Bleach wank. Never change.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2012 12:04 AM