KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » Read this before using Bleach characters in Vs. threads

Don't you agree?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 1 25.00%
No 3 75.00%
Total: 4 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Read this before using Bleach characters in Vs. threads
Started by: Effect Veiler

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Effect Veiler

Read this before using Bleach characters in Vs. threads

They can't be hurt unless the opponent have got reiatsu, and since no other manga got reiatsu. This also means that they will one-shot anything that doesn't have reiatsu.

http : //desmond.imageshack. us/Himg813/scaled . php?server=813&filename=invincibleg.png&res=landing

^remove spaces

So I suggest that we make an equivalence rule to make it more fair. Because it would get boring if your average shit tier hollow was kicking Goku's ass. Don't you agree?

Old Post Jun 25th, 2012 10:57 PM
Effect Veiler is currently offline Click here to Send Effect Veiler a Private Message Find more posts by Effect Veiler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Nah, Kenpachi specifically notes "when two spiritual beings collide."

I.e. he is not saying that, say, a spiral power attack couldn't bust him wide open if it's stronger than his reiatsu, just that if it's a reiatsu vs reiatsu attack (like with Ichigo there) the stronger one wins.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2012 11:22 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Effect Veiler

You post here too? I be damned.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Q99
Nah, Kenpachi specifically notes "when two spiritual beings collide."

Spirits inhabit the physical body. There won't be a physical interaction. The spirit will the lesser reiatsu will be weakened or die.

Do I also need to quote the Masked data book again where it explains that Shinigami can't be felt with the five senses by people who doesn't have heightened spiritual powers?

Old Post Jun 25th, 2012 11:36 PM
Effect Veiler is currently offline Click here to Send Effect Veiler a Private Message Find more posts by Effect Veiler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I'm pretty sure that Shinigami have been hurt by attacks that don't use Reiatsu. Fullbringers possibly. Or just by colliding into objects.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2012 11:40 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Effect Veiler

Originally posted by Nephthys
I'm pretty sure that Shinigami have been hurt by attacks that don't use Reiatsu. Fullbringers possibly.

Fullbringers have an innate ability to manipulate reishi and reiatsu.

Or just by colliding into objects.

Matter in Bleach has reiatsu as well. Reread the fullbring arc it's all explained there. I'd post it but I can't post images for some reason.

Anyway you also have captains being thrown through apartment complexes without getting injured. So whatever small reiatsu regular matter has, it isn't going to affect anything above shit tier hollows.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2012 11:44 PM
Q99

quote:
Spirits inhabit the physical body. There won't be a physical interaction.

Except reiatsu stuff interacts with physical stuff all the time- see, for example, Ichigo getting his sword stuck in the hospital ceiling.

quote:
The spirit will the lesser reiatsu will be weakened or die.

Yea, when talking reiatsu vs reiatsu.

It's silly to think that'd help when the reiatsu is met by, say, a far greater power level (DBZ), or Rei-Ki (Yu Yu Hakushu) or what have you.

The greater power'll of course win even if it's non reiatsu.

quote:

Do I also need to quote the Masked data book again where it explains that Shinigami can't be felt with the five senses by people who doesn't have heightened spiritual powers?

Yea, sure, they're invisible to those without spiritual powers of some sort... though 'touch' still works, I'll note, as seen when people are wounded by them.

Still, no problem hitting them, and no problem winning if more power can be delivered.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2012 11:45 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Effect Veiler
Fullbringers have an innate ability to manipulate reishi and reiatsu.

Matter in Bleach has reiatsu as well. Reread the fullbring arc it's all explained there. I'd post it but I can't post images for some reason.

Anyway you also have captains being thrown through apartment complexes without getting injured. So whatever small reiatsu regular matter has, it isn't going to affect anything above shit tier hollows.

Then what about the Lolicon Robot? I don't believe she's a spiritual being, is she? She didn't transform from a physical state into a spiritual one before she went Terminator on that guy at least.

Last edited by Nephthys on Jun 25th, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Old Post Jun 25th, 2012 11:54 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Effect Veiler

Originally posted by Q99
Except reiatsu stuff interacts with physical stuff all the time- see, for example, Ichigo getting his sword stuck in the hospital ceiling.[1]

Yea, when talking reiatsu vs reiatsu.[2]

It's silly to think that'd help when the reiatsu is met by, say, a far greater power level (DBZ), or Rei-Ki (Yu Yu Hakushu) or what have you.[3]

The greater power'll of course win even if it's non reiatsu.[4]

Yea, sure, they're invisible to those without spiritual powers of some sort... though 'touch' still works, I'll note, as seen when people are wounded by them.[5]

Still, no problem hitting them, and no problem winning if more power can be delivered.[6]

[1] Because the physical stuff is has a soul. This was explained in the fullbring arc.

[2] That's always the case, even when the reiatsu levels are 0.

[3] That's like saying that ghosts can be killed with guns. Power levels doesn't mean jack shit to Shinigami.

[4] No. Reread Bleach.

[5] Read Masked.

[6] Show me.

Then what about the Lolicon Robot? I don't believe she's a spiritual being, is she?

1. She's not a robot.
2. She has heightened spiritual powers, so yeah she is a spiritual being.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2012 12:01 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Is there any source that actually states that? The wiki just points to the chapters. Because she doesn't transition between a physical body and a spiritual one like Ichigo needs to, and since she doesn't, then her physical fists are enough to injure that Arrancar she fought.

And she talks like a robot.... ¬_¬

Old Post Jun 26th, 2012 12:16 AM
Q99

Originally posted by Effect Veiler
[1] Because the physical stuff is has a soul. This was explained in the fullbring arc.

Or, in other words, everything works, because by Bleach standards everything has a soul. No immunity.

quote:

[3] That's like saying that ghosts can be killed with guns. Power levels doesn't mean jack shit to Shinigami.

Bzzt, wrong. There's no immunity- physical stuff can hit them, as has been observed.

Bleach considers everything to have a soul.

Notice the part where Final Form Ichigo is noted to specifically no longer have reiatsu and instead has a greater power. Likewise the sweeper is non-reiatsu and destroyers reiatsu beings.

Non-reiatsu power beats reiatsu if it's stronger.

How you can argue otherwise when actually citing quotes that disagree with you I don't know.

Last edited by Q99 on Jun 26th, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Old Post Jun 26th, 2012 12:23 AM
Q99

FYI, this Effect guy in the anime vs forum is a well-known troll on some other forums.

His style is he'll take one quote or character comment and run with it towards absurdity.

For example, due to the fact that one Naruto databook describes Haku moving between mirrors as lightspeed, he thinks Haku can just normally travel at lightspeed, any ninja faster than him is faster than light, and any ninja slower than him is high-relativistic (which, by extension, puts stuff like the various animals at relativistic as well).

Also, due to the fact that the Sage of the Six Paths has a jutsu called "Creation of All Things," he argues that the Sage created the universe.

And due to Kenpachi's quote he thinks Bleach characters are immune to all non-reiatsu attacks regardless of power (because any non-reiatsu attack has less reiatsu than something with reiatsu, see!).

Only problem is he'll keep pounding these same points no matter how many people point out it's absurd, so it gets old fast.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2012 12:33 AM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

It says unspecified. Aren't you being rather crude assuming he is a guy?

Old Post Jun 26th, 2012 12:40 AM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

He's not your guy, friend.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2012 12:43 AM
Rikudo sennin

want a hollow hurt by a hum,an in like the first chapters im sure that applies to like shinigami they can be hurt by anything. your basically saying the world exploding wouldn't kill any shinigami.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2012 05:14 AM
Rikudo sennin is currently offline Click here to Send Rikudo sennin a Private Message Find more posts by Rikudo sennin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Samurai100

Chad punched a Hollow way before he awakened any Fullbring powers, that alone should really nullify your argument

Old Post Jun 26th, 2012 06:46 AM
Samurai100 is currently offline Click here to Send Samurai100 a Private Message Find more posts by Samurai100 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Effect Veiler

Originally posted by Q99
FYI, this Effect guy in the anime vs forum is a well-known troll on some other forums.

FYI Q99 is a rabid hater with an IQ comparable to his age.

Originally posted by Q99 His style is he'll take one quote or character comment and run with it towards absurdity.

You mean quotes that are repeated and reaffirmed by the authors themselves to the point where it's getting ridiculous? Yeah I stand behind the facts.

Originally posted by Q99 For example, due to the fact that one Naruto databook describes Haku moving between mirrors as lightspeed, he thinks Haku can just normally travel at lightspeed, any ninja faster than him is faster than light, and any ninja slower than him is high-relativistic (which, by extension, puts stuff like the various animals at relativistic as well).

Also, due to the fact that the Sage of the Six Paths has a jutsu called "Creation of All Things," he argues that the Sage created the universe.

You know I've already refuted any and all "counter arguments" you've posted. I'll gladly destroy those arguments again, but for the sake of taking on one argument at a time, stay on topic.

Originally posted by Q99 And due to Kenpachi's quote he thinks Bleach characters are immune to all non-reiatsu attacks regardless of power (because any non-reiatsu attack has less reiatsu than something with reiatsu, see!).

You've finally understood that non-reiatsu attack has less reiatsu than something with reiatsu? I believe we're making progress.

Originally posted by Q99 Only problem is he'll keep pounding these same points no matter how many people point out it's absurd, so it gets old fast.

Once you provide an adequate refutation of these facts I'll stop repeating them. Till then, though shit.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2012 07:02 PM
Effect Veiler

Originally posted by Samurai100
Chad punched a Hollow way before he awakened any Fullbring powers, that alone should really nullify your argument

Except Ginjou explained that the reason Chad could hit hollows in the past was because he was born a fullbringer.

Originally posted by Rikudo sennin
want a hollow hurt by a hum,an in like the first chapters im sure that applies to like shinigami they can be hurt by anything. your basically saying the world exploding wouldn't kill any shinigami.

Yes. Because that's how the logic of SS works.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2012 07:04 PM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

This forum has become more hilarious as of late. Awesome.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2012 07:08 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Effect Veiler

Originally posted by TheAuraAngel

This forum has become more hilarious as of late. Awesome.

I can see it being boring when you argue with people like Q99 who can't argue. You wouldn't believe half of the shit he posted on spacebattles. He shittalks Naruto like Kishimoto raped his mother in front of him as a child.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2012 07:12 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Maybe he did. I always thought Kishi had that look....

ps- answer my point.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2012 07:13 PM