KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » luffy vs toriko

luffy vs toriko
Started by: Luffygear4

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Luffygear4

luffy vs toriko

i have not caught up in toriko, i want to know who wins
BLUNT ATTACKS CANNOT HURT LUFFY, there has to be some sort of internal damage...

Old Post Jun 14th, 2013 06:04 PM
Luffygear4 is currently offline Click here to Send Luffygear4 a Private Message Find more posts by Luffygear4 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Markness

Toriko is way too much for Luffy. Not only can he take country threat level beasts, he has some piercing and slashing abilities with his Fork and Knife techniques respectively so Luffy's blunt force resistance won't help him from those sorts of attacks.

Last edited by Markness on Jun 17th, 2013 at 04:07 AM

Old Post Jun 17th, 2013 04:04 AM
Markness is currently offline Click here to Send Markness a Private Message Find more posts by Markness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Luffygear4

sad, luffy takes sea kings that are around the same size as torikos beast all the time, even in water some times

Old Post Jun 19th, 2013 06:42 PM
Luffygear4 is currently offline Click here to Send Luffygear4 a Private Message Find more posts by Luffygear4 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
draxx_tOfU
Gundam Meister

Toriko decimates Luffy.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2013 01:31 PM
draxx_tOfU is currently offline Click here to Send draxx_tOfU a Private Message Find more posts by draxx_tOfU Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Luffygear4

so where would toriko fall in OPverse? like akainu?

Old Post Jun 20th, 2013 08:11 PM
vansonbee
Isee

Let just say Toriko is the anti-Luffy character.

Toriko display some crazy durability. Maybe just me, but I place him slightly under White Beard.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2013 04:26 AM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

His knife and fork attacks will be far less effective with Luffy's use of Haki, which Toriko doesn't have nor can he counter-act.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2013 05:22 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vansonbee
Isee

Haki can tighten their skin to rival or > swords/piecing attacks?

Old Post Jun 21st, 2013 05:40 AM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Kenbunshoku Haki/Mantra allows Luffy a form of pre-cog, which means many of Toriko's moves are predicted before he even makes them and Luffy's more than fast enough to dodge.

Busoshoku Haki lets the user harden his or her body with a form of invisible energy that acts as a barrier as well as armor. High level use of the technique(which Luffy has) turns the "armored" section gunmetal or black like armor, and not only makes that area more durable, but more dense and any attack performed hits a lot harder.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2013 10:15 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vansonbee
Isee

^ I remember that. I don't read Toriko or anything, but I assume he is slow fighter and their world is known for durability and huge power to destroy mountains? XD

Old Post Jun 21st, 2013 03:28 PM
KingD19

Luffy and Toriko have actually been in 2 different crossover specials together. But obviously in stuff like that they have to be similarly power scaled, like in the one with Goku he only went SSJ1 to perform his Kamehameha, which was pretty much equal to Luffy's Gear 2nd Gomu Gomu no Gatling or Jet Pistol(can't remember which) and Toriko using one of his knife and fork attacks. And all 3 hitting each other only barely destroyed the portion of the arena they were in.

I only made it a few episodes into Toriko before I got distracted with other animes, but it doesn't seem to be as over the top as One Piece.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2013 03:40 PM
Markness

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Luffygear4
sad, luffy takes sea kings that are around the same size as torikos beast all the time, even in water some times

You missed the country level threat bit in my post.

Originally posted by KingD19
His knife and fork attacks will be far less effective with Luffy's use of Haki, which Toriko doesn't have nor can he counter-act.

Toriko's Leg Knife cut a canyon-like fissure in the Earth. His Kugi Punch could also destroy a falling iceberg and split a mountain in two. Luffy can't take that sort of punishment.

Originally posted by KingD19

I only made it a few episodes into Toriko before I got distracted with other animes, but it doesn't seem to be as over the top as One Piece. [/B]

Eh? Trust me, Toriko's much more over the top than One Piece easily. Outside of the feats I just mentioned, Toriko's ally, Zebra, busted up a country busting turtle, a casual flick from Melk II's knife split a mountain in two, Tengu Buranchi can move at Mach 30,000, and just entering the Gourmet World is practically suicide.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2013 12:51 AM
Markness is currently offline Click here to Send Markness a Private Message Find more posts by Markness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Luffygear4

rubber cant take punishemnt? oh, we only put tens of thousands of miles on the non- fictional version of it so we can have traction rolling around on our few thousand pound cars. i would like to still see this fight, obd's only advantage to toriko is his DC, and thats not everything...

Old Post Jun 24th, 2013 12:35 AM
Markness

Originally posted by vansonbee
^ I remember that. I don't read Toriko or anything, but I assume he is slow fighter and their world is known for durability and huge power to destroy mountains? XD

They've had some feats that no longer make them slow pokes like Toriko being able to cross hundreds of kilometers in a short time after he mastered Food Honor and Tengu Buranchi can move at Mach 30,000. Toriko's overall power is also above mountain level since there are characters above that level like the Four Beast, Toriko himself, Zebra, Starjun, and Chin Chin. Ichiryuu and Midora are said to be even higher than them but we only have powerscaling to go on so far.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2013 02:19 PM