KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » Janemba vs. Mystic Gohan

Janemba vs. Mystic Gohan
Started by: john allerdyce

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
john allerdyce
Whore!

Janemba vs. Mystic Gohan

Janemba:
(please log in to view the image)

VS.

Mystic Gohan:
(please log in to view the image)

-Fight takes place on the Supreme Kai's World.
-Both fighters are going all-out.

Who wins?

Old Post Dec 12th, 2014 05:18 PM
john allerdyce is currently offline Click here to Send john allerdyce a Private Message Find more posts by john allerdyce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Gohan, easily.

Janemba was Super Buu-level at most(though I personally believe he was a bit weaker)... And we saw where Super Buu stood in relation to Mystic Gohan.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Dec 12th, 2014 07:04 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
naurtoisbeast
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Gohan, easily.

Janemba was Super Buu-level at most(though I personally believe he was a bit weaker)... And we saw where Super Buu stood in relation to Mystic Gohan.
Gohan, easily.

i think gohan will win here

Old Post Dec 13th, 2014 06:06 PM
naurtoisbeast is currently offline Click here to Send naurtoisbeast a Private Message Find more posts by naurtoisbeast Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

The thing that makes comparing Super Buu to Janemba tough to call, is Goku's fight happened in the afterlife. Goku never hit full powered SSJ3 because it wasn't meant to be used in the living world.

At SSJ3 fp, he could have one hit destroyed Original Buu, and probably Fatty. Is Super Buu THAT above them that Goku wouldn't be able to even hold his own, like against stage 2 Janemba?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2014 10:30 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Janemba was classified as a universal threat during the movie. He is above Super Buu.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Dec 13th, 2014 11:32 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ It was stated that if Pure Buu were left unchecked, he would eventually destroy the entire universe. ie. Pure Buu="a universal threat." Despite such a bold implication, it was later stated that SSJ3 Goku could have destroyed Pure Buu "in an instant" if he were able to reach full power. This is important because Super Buu was stated to be insurmountably beyond even Goku. So yeah, statements made pertaining to a character's potential threat-level don't impress me at all, unless we actually see this character preform the feat in question.

That said, Janemba was more powerful than SSJ3 Goku. However, the difference between them wasn't so vast as to render Goku's attacks completely ineffectual--he [Goku] actually managed to put up a decent fight. Yet by Goku's own accord, Super Buu was so far beyond him that he felt it pointless to even try and fight him. So even IF we assume Janemba and Super Buu were roughly equal, using SSJ3 Goku as the common denominator between them, Gohan would still effortlessly stomp... Especially if he were fighting "all-out" as the OP states.

It would go something like this:
Mystic Gohan>>>Super Buu~SSJ3 Gotenks~/>Janemba>FPSSJ3 Goku>>>Pure Buu(the potential universal threat.)

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 14th, 2014 at 04:17 AM

Old Post Dec 14th, 2014 04:05 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

I'd give it to Janemba

He was wrecking SSJ3 Goku who I'd put on par with this Gohan

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 06:18 PM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Mystic Gohan effortlessly stomped a being who Goku confirmed was FAR more powerful than himself(Super Buu.)

Where the manga is concerned, SSJ3 Goku doesn't hold a candle next to Mystic Gohan.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 06:36 PM
pym-ftw
Mizukage

Tbf Goku also knew he couldn't sustain SSj3 so it's possible that factored into his statement.

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 06:55 PM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Goku was gauging his power against Super Buu's, and realized that Buu was still "far" to powerful for he and Vegeta to defeat.

It's no different than when Goku later said that he could beat Pure Buu "in an instant" at full power. Again: he was gauging his power against Pure Buu's... Same with Fat Buu.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 07:05 PM
carver9

^ It was stated that if Pure Buu were left unchecked, he would eventually destroy the entire universe. ie. Pure Buu="a universal threat." Despite such a bold implication, it was later stated that SSJ3 Goku could have destroyed Pure Buu "in an instant" if he were able to reach full power. This is important because Super Buu was stated to be insurmountably beyond even Goku. So yeah, statements made pertaining to a character's potential threat-level don't impress me at all, unless we actually see this character preform the feat in question.

That said, Janemba was more powerful than SSJ3 Goku. However, the difference between them wasn't so vast as to render Goku's attacks completely ineffectual--he [Goku] actually managed to put up a decent fight. Yet by Goku's own accord, Super Buu was so far beyond him that he felt it pointless to even try and fight him. So even IF we assume Janemba and Super Buu were roughly equal, using SSJ3 Goku as the common denominator between them, Gohan would still effortlessly stomp... Especially if he were fighting "all-out" as the OP states.

It would go something like this:
Mystic Gohan>>>Super Buu~SSJ3 Gotenks~/>Janemba>FPSSJ3 Goku>>>Pure Buu(the potential universal threat.)

Agreed on everything except what you said about Janemba. Janemba presence was ruining reality in different dimensions. So the fts are there. If he actually concentrated on tearing everything down, I'm pretty sure he would've succeeded.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 07:29 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by carver9
Agreed on everything except what you said about Janemba. Janemba presence was ruining reality in different dimensions. So the fts are there. If he actually concentrated on tearing everything down, I'm pretty sure he would've succeeded.
Perhaps Janemba really could have warped the entire universe if he was concentrated on doing so--but that could have taken him eons for all we know. That's why a character's unseen/potential threat-level=/=a battle feat.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 08:20 PM
SSJGGogeta

Perhaps Janemba really could have warped the entire universe if he was concentrated on doing so--but that could have taken him eons for all we know. That's why a character's unseen/potential threat-level=/=a battle feat.

Well Goku seemed like it was pretty urgent, to stop Janemba from destroying the universe. The way he said it, if they didn't stop the tournament when they did, the universe would be gone.

"Why is everybody so ****ing stupid?"- Kim Jong Il, Team America.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2014 01:03 AM
SSJGGogeta is currently offline Click here to Send SSJGGogeta a Private Message Find more posts by SSJGGogeta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
Well Goku seemed like it was pretty urgent, to stop Janemba from destroying the universe. The way he said it, if they didn't stop the tournament when they did, the universe would be gone.
In all fairness, Goku said pretty much the same thing about Pure Buu just before they started fighting:
Goku: "I better go full throttle...! The entire universe'll be doomed if we lose..."

Blanket speechification regarding what a character might be able to do if they aren't stopped, just doesn't cross-over into a tangible battle feat.

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 18th, 2014 at 01:56 AM

Old Post Dec 18th, 2014 01:54 AM
SSJGGogeta

In all fairness, Goku said pretty much the same thing about Pure Buu just before they started fighting:
Goku: "I better go full throttle...! The entire universe'll be doomed if we lose..."

Blanket speechification regarding what a character might be able to do if they aren't stopped, just doesn't cross-over into a tangible battle feat.

Um, you're still missing the point here.

King Kai said the same about Frieza when he fought Goku.

The only difference is that the universe would only be doomed if he lost because their was no one strong enough to oppose the villain after them.

With Janemba, he would have destroyed the universe in less time than it would take Goku to beat Pikkon, which would translate to a universe bust.

That is the context of the statements.

And it is very possible that Kid buu could have destroyed the universe. He fought on par with SSJ3 Goku, and SSJ3 Goku stomped fat Janemba, so Kid Buu > Fat Janemba. In other words, Kid Buu > Universe buster, in terms of power. Plus, Supreme Kai said he'd destroyed galaxies in an instant before.

So, if you read into the context of the statement, then Fat Janemba is a universe buster, as he would have destroyed the universe in the few moments it would have taken Goku to beat Pikkon.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2014 08:19 PM
SSJGGogeta is currently offline Click here to Send SSJGGogeta a Private Message Find more posts by SSJGGogeta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

With Janemba, he would have destroyed the universe in less time than it would take Goku to beat Pikkon, which would translate to a universe bust.

That is the context of the statements.
That is your opinion regarding the context of the statements, and you are entitled to it. My point/opinion, however, is that we have no way of confirming this to be incontrovertible fact. As far as I'm concerned, the statement made about Janemba's potential threat-level isn't any different than the statement made about Pure Buu's potential threat-level. I have no doubt that Pure Buu could have eventually destroyed the universe if no one were around to oppose him--but we just don't know how long it would take him to do so. A year? A decade? Eons? There is simply no way to know for sure, ergo it cannot be likened to a battle feat. Imo. smile

Plus, Supreme Kai said he'd destroyed galaxies in an instant before.
No, no... 1,000 times NO! That line is from a non-canon/fanmade scanlation, and is one of the worst, most horrendously inaccurate translations available. Here is the actual line from the canon VIZ manga:

Supreme Kai: "This Djinn possesses neither reason nor emotion. He exists solely to slaughter and destroy. To strike fear into the hearts of all living things... In just a few years, hundreds of planets were wiped out."

Yes, that is ALL that was canonically said. Like I've told others, though: I own the entire VIZ series, and am literally looking at the pertinent chapter/page as we speak. So if you doubt the validity of what I've posted, I suppose I can take a picture of the page and post it here... /shrug

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 22nd, 2014 at 03:33 AM

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2014 03:27 AM
SSJGGogeta

That is your opinion regarding the context of the statements, and you are entitled to it. My point/opinion, however, is that we have no way of confirming this to be incontrovertible fact. As far as I'm concerned, the statement made about Janemba's potential threat-level isn't any different than the statement made about Pure Buu's potential threat-level. I have no doubt that Pure Buu could have eventually destroyed the universe if no one were around to oppose him--but we just don't know how long it would take him to do so. A year? A decade? Eons? There is simply no way to know for sure, ergo it cannot be likened to a battle feat. Imo. smile

No, no... 1,000 times NO! That line is from a non-canon/fanmade scanlation, and is one of the worst, most horrendously inaccurate translations available. Here is the actual line from the canon VIZ manga:

Supreme Kai: "This Djinn possesses neither reason nor emotion. He exists solely to slaughter and destroy. To strike fear into the hearts of all living things... In just a few years, hundreds of planets were wiped out."

Yes, that is ALL that was canonically said. Like I've told others, though: I own the entire VIZ series, and am literally looking at the pertinent chapter/page as we speak. So if you doubt the validity of what I've posted, I suppose I can take a picture of the page and post it here... /shrug

No, my opinion has nothing to do with it. Goku was urgent enough to stop the fight, because he stated that Janemba would have destroyed the universe if they didn't do so immediately. This means that he would have destroyed the universe, including them, if they didn't destroy the fight when they did. thumb up

You're right about the Buu thing, but Janemba is a different story. Plus, Anime cannon, and Manga cannon are two totally different things. In anime cannon, Garlic Jr. really existed. thumb up

Ah, ya got me there. I, of course, didn't make the scan, but I did remember seeing it a while back on here. Thought it was fishy, but I didn't know it was fan-made. However, there are still plenty of supporting feats/statements in the anime, such as Buuhan multiverse busting with a scream.

We have to use anime cannon here, because Janemba was anime movie only. Not manga. So to take manga cannon would be pointless in the first place, because he doesn't exist, therefor has no feats.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2014 05:42 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Ah, ya got me there. I, of course, didn't make the scan, but I did remember seeing it a while back on here. Thought it was fishy, but I didn't know it was fan-made.
Yeah, it was posted frequently back in the day. I didn't realize just HOW inaccurate it was until I read the VIZ copy, though.

We have to use anime cannon here, because Janemba was anime movie only. Not manga.
We have to use anime canon for Janemba, because he only existed in Movie #12. However, we still defer to manga canon for Buu, because he is obviously a canon/manga-based character.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2014 06:14 PM
SSJGGogeta

Yeah, it was posted frequently back in the day. I didn't realize just HOW inaccurate it was until I read the VIZ copy, though.

We have to use anime canon for Janemba, because he only existed in Movie #12. However, we still defer to manga canon for Buu, because he is obviously a canon/manga-based character.

Yeah, lol. Me neither, but it's still the most common scan I can find, so meh. :/

True, but that makes this two different threads, in that case. It's just simpler to use anime for both characters in this case, especially since Gohan also appeared in the Janemba movie, and displayed base form power capable of one-shotting final form Frieza.

Either way, my point is that Manga Mystic Gohan here, get's crushed like an infant. The only difference in the anime versions though, is that he has a better chance. He'd still get rofl-stomped though by Super Janemba, as anime Goku claimed multiple times to be stronger than Mystic Gohan, and even staved off Buutenks fairly easily.

Either way, Janemba wins. thumb up

Old Post Dec 24th, 2014 01:37 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I [still] disagree.

Using manga canon for the applicable characters, Janemba~Super Buu. Mystic Gohan>>>Super Buu. Mystic Gohan wins. wink

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 24th, 2014 at 02:29 AM

Old Post Dec 24th, 2014 02:15 AM