KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » Gray & Juvia vs Gajeel & Pantherlily

Gray & Juvia vs Gajeel & Pantherlily
Started by: Henry_Pym

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

Gray & Juvia vs Gajeel & Pantherlily

Which team is tougher?

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 10:10 PM
Henry_Pym is currently offline Click here to Send Henry_Pym a Private Message Find more posts by Henry_Pym Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

Gruvia, YAAAAYY! big grin

Anyways, I keep hearing that Gray got a heavy-ass upgrade as of Tartaros, but I'm not caught up on the manga to comment. (No spoilers, please. I'm waiting until after anime coverage to pick that up.) Either way, would either of them even be able to affect Juvia?

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 10:17 PM
Etherean Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Etherean Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Etherean Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

She can apparently die from being splattered...

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 10:26 PM
Henry_Pym is currently offline Click here to Send Henry_Pym a Private Message Find more posts by Henry_Pym Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Gray did get a beastly boost. I'd say it makes him able to fight with Dragon Slayers on a roughly even basis, with him having some advantages due to his ice make, just like they have advantages from being dragon slayers like freakish strength and a near inability to be put down.

Pantherlily is a huge weak link though. He's one of the members that's a team wrecker, but only against fodder. And he'll give lower level, but still important bad guys a fight. Beyond that though and he's basically a distraction.

Gray and Juvia both would take him down pretty quickly. Especially if they started doing combos.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 10:28 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

I almost gave Gajeel, Jet. Wasn't sure how HAXXy people would view him.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 10:30 PM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Hmmmm. Jet's haxx isn't actually too haxxy. He's fast as balls, but his power isn't up to par. So he hits hard, and he hits fast. But not as hard as people the H20 couple has fought, or as fast as some of the people they've fought. Racer after he joined Crime Sorceire would be more unfair since he actually slows down time.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 10:34 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Henry_Pym
She can apparently die from being splattered...

I don't know if the 'Phoenix Priestess' feature is canon or not, but she had her entire lower half blown off, and it didn't even seem to phase her.

Again, there could be a detail or two I have yet to be made aware of.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2015 12:27 AM
Etherean Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Etherean Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Etherean Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

She seemed to think she would die if she fell off the Jupiter cannon mech thing.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2015 01:02 AM
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

Originally posted by Henry_Pym
She seemed to think she would die if she fell off the Jupiter cannon mech thing.

Yeah... that doesn't make sense to me either. Though, we would have probably just hit the water anyways.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2015 01:19 AM
Q99

She was fairly magic exhausted at the time though, wasn't she? It may be the weaker she is, the less she can reform.

Originally posted by KingD19

Pantherlily is a huge weak link though. He's one of the members that's a team wrecker, but only against fodder. And he'll give lower level, but still important bad guys a fight. Beyond that though and he's basically a distraction.

Pantherlily's better than fodder killer- he can give Gajeel a good fight if he has a sword.

Ill-suited against Juvia, though.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2015 02:19 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote