KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Team Tourney Sign-Ups

Team Tourney Sign-Ups
Started by: DigiMark007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Digi
Forum Leader

Team Tourney Sign-Ups

Alright, you impatient bastards, here ya go.

But please read this before you go "OMGZ! I signerz up wit' Ma dawg and wes gonna ROLl!

Teams of 2.
Any two forum members are allowed.
Please realize the committment involved in this. Tourneys last a period of weeks, and if you're planning on being away you might reconsider.
Someone from the team must sign up for both of you.

Important: Do NOT say "I'm interested and who wants to team up with me?" Find your partner via other threads or PMs, and then post here.

Please make sure your partner is willing and aware that he's being signed up....don't want any ruffled feathers.

First 8 teams are good to go. After that, we'll take a couple alternates in case a team drops out.

Go!

cool

Old Post Jun 18th, 2006 06:19 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

leoandkahnleoandkahnleoandkahn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post Jun 18th, 2006 06:20 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Newjak86 and Blair Wind for the win

sig by Rao Kal El

Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheKahn
The Dude abides

Leo beat me to it. smile

Carl - "No, the real point is: I don't give a damn."

Carl - "This line, here? Line of Death. You cross it, and your freedoms no longer exist. Um-kay? Have a good day."

TheKahn is currently offline Click here to Send TheKahn a Private Message Find more posts by TheKahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Dark Crawler and I are signing up!

Old Post Jun 18th, 2006 06:21 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by newjak86
Newjak86 and Blair Wind for the win

not the first time you'll finish second, in this tourny chaos-ers . . .

evil face

Old Post Jun 18th, 2006 06:21 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Copy of teh rulez....

KMC Team Tourney (Hosted by the KMC Green Lantern Corps)

Format – We’ll have 8 teams of 2 people. You will need a partner to participate

Drafting – Each team will then draft 3 characters from comics (same rules as vs. forum…they have to primarily comic characters). Each member of the team will only be allowed to debate for one character. The 3rd character, either one can debate for. Example, if DigiMark and leonidas draft Spider-Man, Hercules, and Doop, they’d have to decide which goes to which (like only allowing Digi to debate for Spidey and Leo for Herc). Either could debate for Doop. Thus, to have the full team contributing, both team members have to debate well. Anything that you say that debates for the person you’re not allowed to debate for will be edited out by me. You MUST post a valid link to your character when you draft them (i.e. not wikipedia).

Other stuff – Brackets will be determined randomly. Matches will be about a week long

Judging format – 2 or 4 judges from the Corps will count as 1 vote each, and then the popular vote (poll) will act as a tie-break. Judges will not be allowed to vote in the poll. In the event that a Corps member is in the tourney, guest judges will be brought in. Observers will be asked to simply vote in the poll and no spam the battle threads except to ask questions pertaining to the fight.

Battles – Each participant will be limited to 9 posts in the battle. That is all. If needed, we may go up or down from there. This is to ensure that

Character limits – This will be a “herald” level tourney. No amalgams though.

Speed – Flash is banned. As is anyone with Flash-like reflexes feats (Mr. Majestic, Surfer, etc.).

Power – Generally, “under Thanos” is the rule. We’ll define it more as needed. People that duplicate and/or copy powers aren’t allowed either.

Magic – Dr. Strange is banned. So is Zatanna, The Doctor, etc. Too much reality manipulation, and too many crazy loopholes. Sub-Thanos magic users are fine though.

If a character can’t breathe in space or something, battle locations will be created to accommodate them. Thus, we won’t make Hulk battle on Jupiter or something.

Everyone loves to find loopholes, so we have a “no freaking loopholes” rule in effect at all times. We can change the limits or ban people as we see fit to ensure fair battles, and will deal with every character on an individual basis. Please help me and the Corps out when determining who should and shouldn’t be acceptable….we don’t know everything.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2006 06:23 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Spetznaz is like on a business trip all around the world or something.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2006 06:23 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by leonidas
not the first time you'll finish second, in this tourny chaos-ers . . .

evil face
Technically if you look at it we signed up at the same time just yours was put first so it would be a tie.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jun 18th, 2006 06:24 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Me and Accel will be participating in tournament.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2006 06:24 PM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Grey fox signing up for himself and Psyquis52

Old Post Jun 18th, 2006 06:25 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

who looks at the time?? it's the placement that matters. and guess who got in first . . .? whistle

Digi
Forum Leader

1. Newjak/Blair
2. Leo/Khan (I'm counting Kahn's entry, not leo's nonsense in the first post.)
3. Batdude/DC
4. AW/Accel
5. GF/Physique

Pretty quick, though I think the last 3 will slow down.

....and if there's oodles of interest beyond 8 teams, I might consider making it larger. We have to be flexible with these tourneys and I don't want to leave lots of people out in the cold if there's interest. 12 would be doable, with randomly selected first-round byes.

Last edited by Digi on Jun 18th, 2006 at 06:27 PM

Devil Lance
DL

Superherovandal and I are joining this

Old Post Jun 18th, 2006 06:26 PM
Devil Lance is currently offline Click here to Send Devil Lance a Private Message Find more posts by Devil Lance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

who looks at the time?? it's the placement that matters. and guess who got in first . . .? whistle

check again smart one stick out tongue

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Jun 18th, 2006 06:27 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Read the post below your post didn't count wink

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jun 18th, 2006 06:28 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by DigiMark007
1. Newjak/Blair
3. Batdude/DC
4. AW/Accel
5. GF/Physique

Pretty quick, though I think the last 3 will slow down.

....and if there's oodles of interest beyond 8 teams, I might consider making it larger. We have to be flexible with these tourneys and I don't want to leave lots of people out in the cold if there's interest. 12 would be doable, with randomly selected first-round byes.

Add Devil Lance and superherovandal as #6

Old Post Jun 18th, 2006 06:29 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by DigiMark007

et tu digi?

Old Post Jun 18th, 2006 06:30 PM
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

1. Newjak/Blair
2. Leo/Khan
3. Batdude/DC
4. AW/Accel
5. GF/Physique
6. Devil Lance/Superherovandal

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Jun 18th, 2006 06:30 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil Lance
DL

Originally posted by Blair Wind
1. Newjak/Blair
2. Leo/Khan
3. Batdude/DC
4. AW/Accel
5. GF/Physique
6. Devil Lance/Superherovandal

nevermind

Old Post Jun 18th, 2006 06:31 PM
Devil Lance is currently offline Click here to Send Devil Lance a Private Message Find more posts by Devil Lance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote