KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Trinity vs. The Big Three

Trinity vs. The Big Three
Started by: JakeTheBank

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Trinity vs. The Big Three

(please log in to view the image)

vs.

The three most iconic Justice League members vs. the three premier Avengers. Do Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman prove why they're the World's Greatest Superheroes? Or do Captain America, Iron Man, and Thor show us why they deserve the title Earth's Mightiest Heroes?

The Rules:
-The Trinity are limited to showings/feats which are canon for New Earth versions only. The Big Three are limited to showings/feats which are canon for Earth-616.
-Each character is represented by one debater for a total of six participants, three for each team.
-Two battles will take place: one without prep-time and one with prep-time.
-The battle involving prep time will give both teams 30 minutes to work with. Both teams are limited to resources and equipment that they personally have access to. Anything that would give either team a collective boost beyond the Trans Tier level is not allowed. No Miracle Machine, Infinity Gems, etc.
-Battles will take place on a neutral battlefield yet to be announced.
-Destroying/transmuting the battlefield isn't allowed.

Other rules will be added as needed.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2012 04:29 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Who's participating?

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Feb 13th, 2012 05:08 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Not sure, yet. It's open to anyone who wants to rep a character and can commit to it.

I'll also be looking for judges, too.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2012 05:27 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

I'd be game to debate or judge, but I'm not going to swipe one of the debating positions from somebody who really wants to rep a character, so I guess I'll wait and see for now.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2012 06:39 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JakeTheBank

vs.

The three most iconic Justice League members vs. the three premier Avengers. Do Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman prove why they're the World's Greatest Superheroes? Or do Captain America, Iron Man, and Thor show us why they deserve the title Earth's Mightiest Heroes?

The Rules:
-The Trinity are limited to showings/feats which are canon for New Earth versions only. The Big Three are limited to showings/feats which are canon for Earth-616.
-Each character is represented by one debater for a total of six participants, three for each team.
-Two battles will take place: one without prep-time and one with prep-time.
-The battle involving prep time will give both teams 30 minutes to work with. Both teams are limited to resources and equipment that they personally have access to. Anything that would give either team a collective boost beyond the Trans Tier level is not allowed. No Miracle Machine, Infinity Gems, etc.
-Battles will take place on a neutral battlefield yet to be announced.
-Destroying/transmuting the battlefield isn't allowed.

Other rules will be added as needed.

Should be interesting.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2012 06:47 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Hm, seems kinda one-sided in the Trinity's favor to me.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2012 05:51 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Originally posted by Q99
Hm, seems kinda one-sided in the Trinity's favor to me.

It would be without the prep time. But Iron Man having some prep times gives them a bigger edge than most people would think.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2012 05:54 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

It's also about debating skill, not really who would win in a comic. Regardless of which characters you think are superior, as a judge you would pay attention to who was debating more effectively (I would think anyways).

Old Post Feb 13th, 2012 06:14 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

Originally posted by Blair Wind
It would be without the prep time. But Iron Man having some prep times gives them a bigger edge than most people would think.

Not really. Batman is at least as good with prep as Tony.

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Feb 13th, 2012 06:15 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by Blair Wind

Not to mention that Iron Man definitely has the feats to support him holding his own against people outside his weight class without prep.

Originally posted by Existere
It's also about debating skill, not really who would win in a comic. Regardless of which characters you think are superior, as a judge you would pay attention to who was debating more effectively (I would think anyways).

thumb up

Is anybody tentatively interested so far?

Old Post Feb 13th, 2012 09:13 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus

How long would this last for? I'm definitely interested but I'm going to have to get the date like a week in advance so I can do all my work and have the necessary free time.

You can guess which character I'm interested in repping.[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Wonder Woman.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2012 09:44 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by Existere

Even if someone's a good debater, having noticeably weaker characters is something of a major handicap.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2012 09:47 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Originally posted by Q99
Even if someone's a good debater, having noticeably weaker characters is something of a major handicap.
I would probably rep Iron Man before anybody else in this match, so I guess I disagree.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2012 09:53 PM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
How long would this last for? I'm definitely interested but I'm going to have to get the date like a week in advance so I can do all my work and have the necessary free time.

You can guess which character I'm interested in repping.[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Wonder Woman.

I'm thinking this will last maybe a month at best (once we have all the needed participants and judges). I think that will be enough time for people to reply when needed without monopolizing too much personal time as I know most people are busy with school and/or work.

Also thinking about having "subs" available, too, in case someone is unable to post or wants some help debating a specific character. Effectively, this would open up participants to two a character with debating duties being split amongst the two posters. The pro is that this elevates a lot of presure from one person researching feats and what not, but it does add another person into the mix and this will be as much about teamwork as far as overall strategy goes as it will be individual debating.

Right now, I'm trying to check the forum's pulse to see if anyone would be interested in stepping up.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2012 09:55 PM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by Q99

As a huge Wonder Woman fan, I can concede her general superiority over Tony (assuming that's what you're referring to), but Tony has the feats needed to make it a tough tough fight for her.

In the hands of a seasoned debater, Iron Man vs. Wonder Woman becomes very, very close.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2012 09:57 PM
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Also thinking about having "subs" available, too, in case someone is unable to post or wants some help debating a specific character. Effectively, this would open up participants to two a character with debating duties being split amongst the two posters.

I'm willing to do something along those lines for Iron-Man. Exclusive strategic help and access to all his feats ever (prior to V3) from his own run (V. 1-3, Force Works, some Avengers, and various others)*. I just don't want to have to worry about writing up long essays - although I can if the situation warrants it.

*I'd need to get access to my old computer, which shouldn't be a big problem, but they are there and not on my laptop.

Last edited by Blair Wind on Feb 13th, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Old Post Feb 13th, 2012 10:02 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus

I'm thinking this will last maybe a month at best (once we have all the needed participants and judges). I think that will be enough time for people to reply when needed without monopolizing too much personal time as I know most people are busy with school and/or work.

Also thinking about having "subs" available, too, in case someone is unable to post or wants some help debating a specific character. Effectively, this would open up participants to two a character with debating duties being split amongst the two posters. The pro is that this elevates a lot of presure from one person researching feats and what not, but it does add another person into the mix and this will be as much about teamwork as far as overall strategy goes as it will be individual debating.

Right now, I'm trying to check the forum's pulse to see if anyone would be interested in stepping up.

Cool, I'd be down for doing something along those lines for Thor. Just PM me the schedule or whatever and I'll do some adjusting to my schedule. I need like half an hour tops to have every relevant feat memorized and available for use so if anyone else uses him, I'm willing to help.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2012 10:04 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Cool beans. So, can I tentatively add both of you as representing Iron Man and Thor respectively? And if you want a partner/sub, you're more than willing to have one if you so choose.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2012 10:06 PM
Smurph
------

PM's exchanged. I'm totally signed on to debate for Tony, with Blair as my partner.

Hope this takes off.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2012 10:26 PM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Awesome! thumb up

Old Post Feb 13th, 2012 10:28 PM