Born in 1984, Parker is an academic but socially inept student who is bitten by a genetically modified spider and gains spider-like abilities. After misusing his newly-given abilities, which indirectly causes the death of his Uncle Ben, he becomes the heroic Spider-Man. Peter hopes to win the heart of Mary Jane Watson, the girl he has loved since he was a boy. Meanwhile, he faces new super-powered villains that appear.
His powers include:
* enhanced physiology (greatly increased strength, speed, stamina, agility and durability)
* produce webbing
* wall crawling
* greatly enhanced coordination
* faster reflexes
* precognition ("Spider-sense")
* perfect balance and equilibrium
* flex his body like a contortionist, assuming postures that would be impossible or harmful for most normal humans.
Spider-man's acrobatic skills and incredible maneuverability is present in almost all of his fights, but here are some standouts.
* [SM1] Dodges gun fire from a few Bank Robbers by leaping around
* [SM1] Dodges the Green Goblin's Razor Bats Matrix Style
* [SM2] Spider-man dodges Doc Ock's tentacles
* [SM2] Train fight, adjusts himself very quickly to fit through tight spaces when Ock throws him through the overhead passage.
* [SM3] Gwen Stacy Rescue, adjusts himself very quickly to fit through steal beams.Screenshot
* [SM3] Sandman Fight, Jumps out of the way of a speeding train in the last second.
* Can leap from one city block to the next with ease
* [SM1] With the aid of his webbing, Spider-man can exponentially increase his leaping height and distance.
* [SM1] Punches Flash, sending him flying at least 10 meters back
* [SM1] Lifts a cable car full of children with one arm in an unfavorable position. Loaded Cable car I estimate to weigh at least 20 tons.
* [SM2] Supports a large collapsed brick wall in a swatting position.
* [SM2,3] Throw adults over distances with one arm effortlessly.Screenshot
* [SM3] Punches Sandman through steel pipes.
* [SM1] Using his webbing, pulls down a brick wall over the Goblin.
* [SM1] Able to hold onto a steel cable that bears the weight of a loaded cable car with one hand.
* [SM2] Runaway Train, holds onto webbing to stop a speeding train. Force exerted calculated to be 106,938 newtons.Source: hypertextbook.com/facts/2005/SpiderMan.shtml
* [SM2] Breaks out of being bound by coils of razor wire with ease and no injury.
* [SM3] Rips a drain cover out that is cemented to the ground Screenshot
* [SM3] Rips apart a large steel water pipe with his bare hands. Screenshot
* [SM1] Uncle Ben's killer has a gun in Peter's face at point blank. He is fast enough to disarm him.
* [SM1] Dodges gun fire from Uncle Ben's Killer during the car chase scene.
* [SM1] Flash fight scene, moves effortlessly to dodge Flash's punches
* [SM2] Dodges Doc Ock's Tentacles (Also noted in Agility section)
* [SM1] Takes a pumpkin bomb (grenade) to the face without being knocked-out or receiving any noticeable damage.
* [SM1] Bashed brutally by Green Goblin and smashed into structures like a rag-doll, but recovers soon after to overpower him.
* [SM2] Fights on with no noticeable damage after Doc Ock hits hit with pieces of steel launched at high speeds.
* [SM2] Runaway Train, his skeletal structure is about to sustain the tension forces between the train and the webbings which is attached to other structures.
* [SM2] Gets hit in the face with a car thrown by Doc Ock with no noticeable damage.
* [SM2] Attempts to stop a speeding train by using legs, he fails however the feat is his skeletal structure being able to withstand such forces with no long-lasting injury.
* [SM3] Gets hit by a speeding car with no effect.Screenshot
* [SM3] Gets his head repeated smashed into walls and knocked around in the air like a rag-doll by New Goblin without receiving a concussion or broken bones.Screenshot 1Screenshot 2
* [SM3] Spiderman can survive a fall of 80 stories without a single broken bone, concussion, or presumably any internal bleeding.He collides with the ground with 420,000 Newtons of force. Also, Spidey’s acceleration upon impact is 6000 m/s2 or 60 “g’s.Source
* [SM3] Spidey gets flung into a steel beam with a speed that is estimated to be at least 15 m/s. Since he is brought to a stop by the beam and almost all of the force is exerted directly on his head (in about 0.01 second), the force on his head calculated to be around 105,000 N. According to some experiments, a direct impact to the skull exceeding 873 N will always result in a fracture (in fact the skull may fracture when exposed to forces much less than that), but Spidey’s skull is capable of withstanding forces at least 120 times as big.SourceScreenshot
* [SM3] Receives repeated blows to the head by a giant Sandman, whose fist weighed at least 10-15 tons, not accounting for the acceleration of his fist when it hits Parker's head. When Sandman hits Spider-man, the whole city block shakes. He takes all of this without a concussion or damage to his skull.Screenshot
* [SM3] Sandman punches and sends Peter's head onto the side of a speeding train. He recovers instantly.Screenshot
* [SM3] Venom (is is notably stronger than Spider-man) hits Parker in the head several times with a steel girder with no concussion or broken bones. Screenshot 1Screenshot 2
6. Wall-crawling, Web-slinging and Webbing
(please log in to view the image)
* [SM1] Removed Scene because of Controversy (9/11), Webbing was originally shown to support a helicopter in mid-air (at least 10 tons).
* [SM1] One strand of Webbing was able to withstand tension forces equal to the weight of a loaded cable car.
* [SM2] Webbing able to withstand tension forces to slow down a runaway train.
* [SM3] Webbing able to hold up a car in mid-air.
* [SM1,2,3] Can shoot balls of webbing to blind enemies.
* [SM3] Able to shoot balls of webbing with enough accuracy to target small flying projectiles (taking out the razor bats).
* Able to shoot webbing out at 400 mph. Source
* Able to travel via web-slinging faster than a speeding car (at least 40 mph).
* The spider-sense is explained as reflexes "so fast it borders on precognition", often signified with a special sound (like a bell ringing once very slowly) and bullet time photography. In the first Spider-Man film, the first time his spider-sense triggers, he seems to become aware of every potential danger in his surroundings, even those that pose no real threat, such as a fly or a paper spitball. In the Spider-Man 2 novelization, the spider-sense is described as a general slowing-down of his perception of time (e.g. one second would feel like a minute).
* [SM1] Flash Thompson Fight
* [SM1] Evades Goblin's Glider
* [SM1] Senses something is wrong when Goblin is coming to the parade.
* [SM2] When Doc Ock throws a car at Peter
* [SM3] Dodges a pumpkin bomb thrown by Harry Screenshot
* [SM1] Understands Norman Osbourne's research when he is still only attending high school. Norman is impressed.
* [SM1] Graduates with the "Science Award".
* [SM2] Understands Otto Octavius' fusion experiment and sees the flaws immediately, while Otto who has spent his a long time on the experiment overlooked his mistakes. It should be noted by looking at Otto's work, he is likely one of the most brilliant scientists in the world.
* [SM2] Curt Connors, Peter's physics professor, describes him as brilliant.
* [SM2] Uses metal thrown by Ock as a counter-weight and directs it back at him.
* [SM2] Fakes unconsciousness at Harry Osbourne's mansion (when delivered by Ock) to find out what is going on.
* [SM3] Uses his wit to defeat Sandman by using water
* [SM3] Uses his wit to defeat Venom by using sonics
- Still need to include more screenshots and clips (hence the placeholders, but given KMC's no-edit-after-15-min rule, might be harder to do) that point to certain feats, hopefully I will eventually do that.
- KMC formatting is very frustrating, some links looked stuffed up. Don't know how to fix it.