KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Advice requested

Advice requested
Started by: The Omega

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Omega
Z10N0101

Advice requested

I’m getting aggravated!
Last year I lend a friend of mine some money. It was either that, or her business would go bankruptcy. I should’ve listened to the old “there should never be money between friends”, but hey. She was in trouble, and the money was a savings for a big holiday next year.
She paid off 20% of it at the beginning of the year and since then.
“I don’t have any money.”
(Silence)
Now it’s getting annoying. Have you ever been in a similar situation and successfully managed to get your money back?

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2003 12:22 AM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

no, because I don't lend friends money with the expectation of getting back

that's why I never lend friends a lot of money

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2003 12:26 AM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

let the cops drop in... hehehehehe

Seriously though tell her to get a baylift (sp, i don,t use it that often)

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2003 12:36 AM
Koala MeatPie is currently offline Click here to Send Koala MeatPie a Private Message Find more posts by Koala MeatPie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

quote:
Originally posted by Fire
no, because I don't lend friends money with the expectation of getting back

that's why I never lend friends a lot of money

pefectly agreed. i never HAD to lend a large amount of money. though i think i'd help one out if they really needed to.
dunno what to say..you're in a tricky situation. if you hadn't lent him at all, it would have surely affected your friendship...so....dunno

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2003 12:39 AM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

I'm willing to give all the money that I have to help out a mate

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2003 12:42 AM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

and not expect it back...congrats...it's hard to reach such a decision

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2003 12:53 AM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

i lent my friend 400$ for a downpayment on a car, he said id get my money back next month, three months went by and i had only recieved 120 of it back, so i took his playstation2 and x-box, hes savng money to get his playstation2 and xbox back. incidently he never was able to pay off his car payments and lost his car

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2003 01:30 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GroundedAgain
OTF REBEL

been there,gotten out of that. i guess i "borrowed" some "things" and promised money back the next weekend. i didn't have the money so i did some work for the guy.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2003 01:33 AM
GroundedAgain is currently offline Find more posts by GroundedAgain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

well, you're friend is a female, if you are a male, i suggest you make her give you some sexual favors in exchange for the money.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2003 01:42 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Mon... ey... yeah. I've heard of that.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2003 01:52 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GroundedAgain
OTF REBEL

i think you just shoved your last dollar into a strippers thong,ush

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2003 01:54 AM
GroundedAgain is currently offline Find more posts by GroundedAgain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

no, that would be me.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2003 01:59 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GroundedAgain
OTF REBEL

yea, i knew that. omg i tink dat mighta been me

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2003 02:01 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Eeeek!

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2003 02:02 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

i think you're too young to be a stripper.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2003 02:04 AM
bigbadbike2
Hitman

I have a friend who just took out a lawsuit because he loaned money to a friend of his. His friend has 75,000 in the bank but still refuses to pay. So he did what he had to do.

Made By: Me

Dragging a knee at 140 on a bike, just takes all the rush out of driving a car at 120. - Sammy Sliger, 2001 (paraphrased)

Money is not everything. As if poverty is.

I've also learned that love cannot be on a one way street... if it does not go both ways it can be a lonely road. Personally I like to just watch the cars go by.... - Happy Kine, 2003

Dare to be different, just like everyone else.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2003 02:10 AM
bigbadbike2 is currently offline Click here to Send bigbadbike2 a Private Message Find more posts by bigbadbike2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eat My Ass

quote:
Originally posted by BackFire349
well, you're friend is a female, if you are a male, i suggest you make her give you some sexual favors in exchange for the money.

word

http://www.FreePSPs.com/?r=17495261

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2003 02:12 AM
113 is currently offline Click here to Send 113 a Private Message Find more posts by 113 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeNiro

all i got to say that if it is over 5 bucks u be a complete dick to get bak the money who cares aboiut friends ships i would rather have the mony back just be ruthless and get it cause thats the only way u can deal with a mooch like ur friend

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2003 02:13 AM
DeNiro is currently offline Click here to Send DeNiro a Private Message Find more posts by DeNiro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

sometimes, you need a friend more than you need money.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2003 02:46 AM
Fire

I agree with dexx smile

again if I lend money to mates I don't expect to get it back

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2003 09:57 AM