KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » A lot of people from other countries here...

A lot of people from other countries here...
Started by: Chewbacca

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Chewbacca

A lot of people from other countries here...

I have noticed by reading posts and such that there are a few people here from other countries...mainly England, but I noticed some others. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone here spoke languages other than English? If anyone can speak French, I wouldn't mind hiring you in helping me sell to French customers with my store smile I can speak English, German, Spanish, and some Italian. So if anyone wants to help me with my Italian, you can always talk to me on Instant Messanger. I just need help with conjugations and such, I almost got it down. smile

Old Post Jun 10th, 2001 02:20 PM
Chewbacca is currently offline Click here to Send Chewbacca a Private Message Find more posts by Chewbacca Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

We have a good mix of the Americas and European (though not all EU eh Finti??? wink )

The boards are affliiated with UK websites so figure. smile

BTW, Welcome!

Old Post Jun 10th, 2001 02:39 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Long live the independent ones big grin All the way Norway!!!!!! Just added nr 11 to the commendments.
11. "Thou shall not be part of EU" smokin'

[ June 10, 2001: Message edited by: finti ]

Old Post Jun 10th, 2001 05:50 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Oh please and come enforce that here in Holland. PLEASE.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2001 12:34 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

And on the UK.... laughing out loud

Old Post Jun 11th, 2001 12:47 AM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

But you're not really entirely in. We are, doomed.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2001 01:46 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Give it time, give it time.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2001 04:10 AM
Edna Witch
Magic

Yes our EU hell is inevitable now! Save us! Save us all!

"This Party's Over" -Mace Windu, epII

Old Post Jun 11th, 2001 04:18 AM
Edna Witch is currently offline Click here to Send Edna Witch a Private Message Find more posts by Edna Witch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

I wonder if it is too late to emigrate?

Old Post Jun 11th, 2001 04:21 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Tut tut... moan moan moan about the EU... that's what the Tories did, and see where it got them?

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 11th, 2001 04:52 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Edna Witch
Magic

I fancy auatralia. How about you RC?

Old Post Jun 11th, 2001 05:05 AM
Edna Witch is currently offline Click here to Send Edna Witch a Private Message Find more posts by Edna Witch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Works for me! cool

Old Post Jun 11th, 2001 01:45 PM
finti

Did the UK and Holland just join EU or did the people get to choose in an election. In Norway we had an election by the people in 1972 and in 1994, both ended in victory for the not to join side.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2001 02:34 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

Sorry, chewbacca...had a year and a half of French in high school, which was some time ago (shut up queeq) and I only remember bits and pieces.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2001 02:54 PM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

The UK joined after a referendum back in the early seventies. Back then it was called The Common Market though. The EU kinda progressed from that I believe.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2001 03:11 PM
queeq
Chaos

Same here. But they don't like referenda to much around here. It may interfere with their plans. laughing out loud

Old Post Jun 11th, 2001 11:38 PM
Ratcat

That's what they are going to do about the Euro here as well.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2001 03:16 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I never did trust referendums, entirely contrary as they are to representative democracy, and mostly irrelevant they turn out to be in the end anyway.

With the mandate Labour just got they are justified in doing pretty much anything, referendum or no. And if you don't like it, blame all the people that voted for them. You can't claim that the Tories didn't make what was happening clear. By voting in Labour so hugely, full Euro integration is assured, over a long period.

Though I seem to be very rare in not monding that...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 12th, 2001 03:24 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Personally, I'd rather have the US dollar than the Euro.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2001 12:50 PM
Edna Witch
Magic

Why does every thread seem to end up as either a suspicious sex change chat or a political debate?

Old Post Jun 12th, 2001 09:16 PM