KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » tested on animals

tested on animals
Started by: Difrycheulyd

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Difrycheulyd
Your Highness,I'm so high

Worried tested on animals

OK, I dont mean to be like annoying, but I just got given this list yesterday and some of the stuff that is tested on animals shocked me...

Products that are tested on animals include:
  • Ace
  • Alldays
  • Always
  • Ariel
  • Attends
  • Bold
  • Bounce
  • Bounty
  • Camay
  • Circ
  • Clairol
  • Charmin
  • Covergirl
  • Daz
  • Denclen
  • Dreft
  • Eukanuba
  • Fairy Liquid
  • Fairy Snow
  • Febreze
  • Flash
  • Giorgio Beverly Hills
  • Hugo Boss
  • Head & Shoulders
  • IAMS
  • Lenor
  • Max Factor
  • Milton
  • Napisan
  • Olay
  • Old Spice
  • Pampers
  • Pantene Pro-V
  • Pringles
  • Secret
  • Sinex
  • Sunny Delight
  • Swiffer
  • Tampax
  • Tide
  • Vaporub
  • Viakal
  • VS (haircare)
  • Vortex
  • Wash n' Go
  • Zest

Everything listed does test final products and/or ingredients on animals, or is owned by a company that does test on animals and/or is involved in other forms of animal exploitation and extreme cruelty

Companies;

• Aquafresh
  • Aziza
  • Benckiser
  • Boots
  • Christian Dior(Supports Fur Trade)
  • Colgate-Palmolive
  • Coppertone
  • Coty
  • Cover Girl
  • Disney Toothbrushes
  • Dove
  • Eli Lilly & Co
  • Faberge
  • Febreze
  • Givenchy
  • Guerlain, Inc
  • Helene Curtis
  • Hills Pet
  • Iams
  • Impulse
  • Jhirmack
  • Jovan
  • Kanebo
  • Lever Brothers
  • Lifebouy
  • Lubriderm
  • Lux
  • Mennen
  • Obsession
  • Pfizer
  • Piz Braun
  • Ponds
  • Quintessence
  • Richardson-Vicks
  • Sanofi

• Schering-Plough
  • Schick
  • Sensodyne
  • Shiseido
  • Vidal Sassoon
  • Warner-Lambert
  • Alberto-Culver
  • Bristol-Myers Squibb
  • Bausch & Lomb
  • St Ives
  • Clairol
  • Ray-Ban
  • Johnson & Johnson
  • S.C. Johnson (Pledge, Mr Muscle, Toilet Duck, Glade, Goddards, Raid)
  • Kimberley-Clark (Kleenex, Huggies)
  • Neutrogena Roc
  • Woolite
  • Yves St Laurent
  • Ziploc
  • 3M
  • Chesebrough-Ponds Prince Matchabelli
  • Procter & Gamble (Max Factor, Old Spice,Oil of Olay, Vicks,Pampers, Pringles,Head & Shoulders,
    Wash & Go, Tampax,Clearasil, Hugo Boss,
    Milton, Eukanuba, Lams)
  • Unilever (Pears, Lux, Dove, Lifebouy,
    Timotei, Sunsilk, Salon Selectives,Organics, Sure, Shield, Impulse, Vaseline,Brut, Surf, Sunlight, Skip, Omo,
    Persil Comfort, Vim, Domestos,Close-Up, Mentadent, Rama, Flora,
    Stork, Royco, Colman's, Walls Ice-Cream,
    Lipton Tea, Birds Eye Frozen FoodsCalvin Klein Elizabeth Arden
    Elizabeth Taylor Chloe)
  • Smithkline Beecham (Horlicks, Gaviscon,Lucozade, Ribena, Oxy,
    Aquafresh, Macleans, Tums,Phillips milk of Magnesia,
    Eno, Tagamet, Grandpa,Panadol, Paramed)

*Im sorry that some are repeated more than once and some others are not included on the list that you may be aware of.

I cannot stand testing on animals; but I can put up with that for medical research. Sorry to bother those that don't give a damn....

Luv fi smile

X BLOOD ON YOUR HANDS? X
X CHANGE YOUR BRANDS!!!

"Everyone plays the Hand they're dealt with, and Learns to walk through life, themselves not everything is handed on a plate, When people think your words are true, it doesn't matter what you do...I sold my soul to get here; how bout you?"

Last edited by Difrycheulyd on Oct 27th, 2003 at 03:49 PM

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 03:40 PM
Difrycheulyd is currently offline Click here to Send Difrycheulyd a Private Message Find more posts by Difrycheulyd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furryman
honky

no testing on animals!!

wats the [/*]

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 03:44 PM
furryman is currently offline Click here to Send furryman a Private Message Find more posts by furryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Difrycheulyd

thanks....

the [/*] was because I didn't know how to produce bulleted lists on here; and on another forum you put them in it..... but this one is obviously different big grin

"Everyone plays the Hand they're dealt with, and Learns to walk through life, themselves not everything is handed on a plate, When people think your words are true, it doesn't matter what you do...I sold my soul to get here; how bout you?"

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 03:48 PM
Difrycheulyd is currently offline Click here to Send Difrycheulyd a Private Message Find more posts by Difrycheulyd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bad Boy
Kevski

Important medical that need to be tested should be tested on animals in a HUMANE way. But the majority like shampoos or nail varnish definetley shouldn't!

www.myspace.com/throughsolace
Through Solace- The Stand out in March 08 on Holdfast Records

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 03:49 PM
Bad Boy is currently offline Click here to Send Bad Boy a Private Message Find more posts by Bad Boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Difrycheulyd

I dont really approve of medical research either to be honest; they treat the animals they test on like S**t, when the should be treated like heroes because thats what they sort of are. sad

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 03:51 PM
julibug

I noticed Iams on the lists. Um, that is cat/dog food, so maybe they're just "taste-testing"! stick out tongue No, I don't like cosmetic testing on animals, either. There may be some acceptable medical research, but definately not on cosmetics. There are plenty of people out there willing to be "guinea pigs" (pardon the pun). Of course, the companies would have to pay the people or offer products, etc. It is quite sad!

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 03:52 PM
julibug is currently offline Click here to Send julibug a Private Message Find more posts by julibug Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

im very much so against animal cruelty.......unless for a worthy cause
and some animals however are bred for the sole prupose of these tests
oh and im very happy that at least they dont test on endangered species and such big grin

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 03:53 PM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Difrycheulyd

Iams and Eukanuba are both pet foods on the list - yes!

Like Iams and many other “pet” food manufacturers, Menu Foods conducts tests to measure the “metabolic energy” of dog and cat food. Such tests are inherently cruel because they involve severe confinement in stainless-steel metal cages. PETA’s undercover investigation at a testing laboratory with which Menu Foods contracts found countless examples of cruelty and neglect.

During the tests, dogs and cats are forced to live in cold, hard, barren stainless-steel cages with no toys or beds. PETA’s investigator took video footage of animals circling endlessly in their cages, suffering the severe effects of lack of stimulation, exercise, and socialization. Metabolic cages are approximately the size of a cage that your vet might use for animals recovering from surgery. Imagine keeping your companion animal in such a cage day after day, year after year! You wouldn’t do it. But Menu Foods dogs had no choice and virtually no life.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 03:54 PM
belldandy

ace, always, pringles,...?!!!
no

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 03:55 PM
belldandy is currently offline Click here to Send belldandy a Private Message Find more posts by belldandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grymlock
mountain of power

quote:
Originally posted by blakangel
I dont really approve of medical research either to be honest; they treat the animals they test on like S**t, when the should be treated like heroes because thats what they sort of are. sad

i'm with you all the way... smile

cheers!!

- master of creator Godshinto

"In Darkness Everything Become Clearer Then Daylight" - King Diamond

"From Lashes To Ashes, From Lust To Dust" - Ville Valo (HIM)

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 03:58 PM
grymlock is currently offline Click here to Send grymlock a Private Message Find more posts by grymlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grymlock
mountain of power

animal right are the key of the solution... you can see how they expose all the explotation of the abuse that have been done to the animal... there is alway a alternative research for product/cosmatic item... so do it the right way.. out cry for freedom!!

cheers!!

- master of creator Godshinto

"In Darkness Everything Become Clearer Then Daylight" - King Diamond

"From Lashes To Ashes, From Lust To Dust" - Ville Valo (HIM)

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 04:02 PM
grymlock is currently offline Click here to Send grymlock a Private Message Find more posts by grymlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

dont care for animals

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 06:30 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

well I feel two sided on this one

I don't like it that they have to test these products on animals, certainly not make-up
but I'd rather have them test in on animals than testing it on humans.
I dislike unnecessairy testing but not all testing done by companies that make food is unnecessairy.

don't get me wrong I love animals and all that, but animals raised and born in captivity get very lil compassion from me

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 07:19 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

they have to test pringles??? the chips? that's just plain torture! laughing out loud

ok, now seriously

I'm absolutely opposed against testings on animals,
of course there are products that need testing because they could be, if they are made up wrong, leathal for humans...
though even in that case, I oppose the testings

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 07:23 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bad Boy
Kevski

quote:
Originally posted by finti
dont care for animals

Always knew you were the animal loving type Mr Fint!

www.myspace.com/throughsolace
Through Solace- The Stand out in March 08 on Holdfast Records

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 07:29 PM
Bad Boy is currently offline Click here to Send Bad Boy a Private Message Find more posts by Bad Boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

quote:
Originally posted by yerssot
of course there are products that need testing because they could be, if they are made up wrong, leathal for humans...
though even in that case, I oppose the testings

Then how would they have to test it?

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 07:33 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

if it's needed, still on humans

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 07:36 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cermiestar
kitten

*shocked*

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 08:42 PM
cermiestar is currently offline Click here to Send cermiestar a Private Message Find more posts by cermiestar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

quote:
Originally posted by finti
dont care for animals

laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 09:25 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
must_kill_Santa
Evil Princess

poor animals

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 09:33 PM
must_kill_Santa is currently offline Click here to Send must_kill_Santa a Private Message Find more posts by must_kill_Santa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote