KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » THE THIRD OFFICAL SIGNATURE MAKING CONTEST- Discussion Thread

THE THIRD OFFICAL SIGNATURE MAKING CONTEST- Discussion Thread
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

THE THIRD OFFICAL SIGNATURE MAKING CONTEST- Preperation Thread

Ok, there have been numerous requests for a third official sig-making contest.

I would like to use this thread to judge interest for a new one, and under what terms people want it done so that we can start it as soon as possible.

For reference, the last contest was an any-area contest with three awards, one for the best looking sig, one for the one we thought was best designed, and one for the one we thought was the cleverest. The submissions period was a month.

Do people want to stick with that or devise a new format?

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 04:08 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Godshinto
GodLike ******

As a participant last time I liked the last one but of course the first one wa my favourite, but with the new crew of Sig Creators I think that the rules from the last one should apply, we have artisitic creators and we have technical ones too.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 04:17 PM
Godshinto is currently offline Click here to Send Godshinto a Private Message Find more posts by Godshinto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Paola
Ronin

great!! a new contest!! I'm not a sig maker but I enjoy seeing the work of everyone!! They're so talented!!

by Scythe

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 05:33 PM
Paola is currently offline Click here to Send Paola a Private Message Find more posts by Paola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furryman
honky

big grin Id like to participate... yeah that sounds fine...

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 05:38 PM
furryman is currently offline Click here to Send furryman a Private Message Find more posts by furryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

Yeah, I might participate...if I can be bothered to get off my f....wait I need to be sitting down for it...If I can be bothered to stay on my fat ar$e.

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 05:54 PM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
V@LL3jOk!D707

ill partcipate just for the hell of it.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 08:07 PM
V@LL3jOk!D707 is currently offline Click here to Send V@LL3jOk!D707 a Private Message Find more posts by V@LL3jOk!D707 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Can we have different categories to be judged in? Not a real overall winner?

Because I'd like to participate, but with Windows 98 Paint I cannot compete with Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro people.

Maybe have two different signature contests.

One for professional programs, and one for the default Paint program on Windows.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 08:30 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

That could be tricky to administrate; what do people think?

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 08:33 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Like...all the sigs go into the same thread, but the judges judge them in a different category.

I don't think it would be too hard,

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 08:35 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
O-Ren
Deadly Beauty

Well, so that it's easier to run, I think there should be one contest, but instead of three categories, there be six categories. The original three, but incorporating Lance's idea. So...

Best Looking (professional program/photoshop)
Best Looking (Windows Paint)
Best Designed professional program/photoshop)
Best Designed (Windows Paint)
Cleverest (professional program/photoshop)
Cleverest (Windows Paint)

Also, I'd like to be able to participate. Is my signature enterable? Even though it's just a pic with stuff written above and below it? Or do the entires have to be completely new and original creations?

smokin'

And we deserve to die.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 08:42 PM
O-Ren is currently offline Click here to Send O-Ren a Private Message Find more posts by O-Ren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Actually, one of the conditions is always that the sigs are made specifically for the contest; anything being used as a sig before the closing date is ineligible.

Well, we COULD split each category in two like that... we'd need enough interest though.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 08:45 PM
Dexx
wingless

awwwh...*cries*..i really DO want to find the time to actually do a sig after all this time stick out tongue....guess i'll have to work something out.

pfft....paint??...guyz..c'mon! stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 08:57 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Sorry Dexx!

That's all I have...my computer doesn't have enough memory for the Paint Shop Pro 8.0 that we bought...sad

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 11:42 PM
yerssot

oh yeah, now a contest when exams are near sad

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 11:46 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Godshinto
GodLike ******

Cmon guys paintShop how do you do anything in paintshop I would perfer a single contest

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 02:30 AM
Godshinto is currently offline Click here to Send Godshinto a Private Message Find more posts by Godshinto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

I think it doesn't matter what program you use to create the sig. Use what you have. Just be clever! Surprize us!

But, I think the Sig Contest should be like this:

Most Original Sig
Most Artistic Sig
Best Composition
Best Use Of Color And Tone
Most contemporary
Cleverist Sig
The Best Sig Of The Batch (this would be the one you want to win)
The Worst Sig Of Them All (why not? let's make this juicy.)

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 04:18 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

I think it doesn't matter what program you use to create the sig. Use what you have. Just be clever! Surprise us!

But, I think the Sig Contest should be like this:

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
:::::::::::::

Most Original Sig
Most Artistic Sig
Best Composition
Best Use Of Color And Tone
Most contemporary
Cleverest Sig
The Best Sig Of The Batch (this would be the one you want to win)
The Worst Sig Of Them All (why not? let's make this juicy.)

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
:::::::::::::

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 04:20 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Godshinto
GodLike ******

You all make it seem that there are every person on the board is going to participate there are going to be people that aren't going to win. We should have mabey at most 4 Places

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 05:19 AM
Darkweaver
Frobozz Magic Avatar Co.

Someone mentioned I should join in, but being an amateur I'm not sure that's plausible. I'm still learning a little more with PSP 7 every day but I've only been with it a few months.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 05:33 AM
Darkweaver is currently offline Click here to Send Darkweaver a Private Message Find more posts by Darkweaver Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

I say just do it. Why not. A little competition never hurt anyone. I'm sure the turn out will be great with all the new members. It'll be awesome, what is the big worry?

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 06:35 AM