KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Lucas Biography

Lucas Biography
Started by: ToMacco

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

Lucas Biography

Tonight on A&E there was a two hour special on 'Biography' about George Lucas. Anyone see it?

I learned a lot of things about the man. I didn't know his kids were all adopted. And his wife left him and took half of his money (the *****).

Also, it showed a scene from Episode II (with bluescreen background). It was pretty cool. rolling on floor laughing

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Jan 28th, 2002 04:20 AM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

Yeah it was a pretty good show.. I thought he was cute when he talked about his kids. He's a pretty snazzy dancer too laughing out loud

As for Marcia, you do understand that she helped him earn quite a bit of that money right (not to mention supporting them when he was developing his early films)?... and there is the California community property laws.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2002 06:19 AM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

. . . . . .................no

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Jan 28th, 2002 06:38 AM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
keokiswahine
Confusion

marcia supported them while all the studios turned him down and gave him a hard time, while he did all the research and writing. while he was filming in England, she was supervising the building of skywalker ranch. Remember, GL always plowed all his profits back into the companies, so he had to sell one of his companies to give marcia her share of their assets.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2002 07:07 AM
keokiswahine is currently offline Click here to Send keokiswahine a Private Message Find more posts by keokiswahine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

. . . that ***** big grin cool rolling on floor laughing

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Jan 28th, 2002 08:09 AM
finti

thats women for ya, always have a prenuptial agreement, unless she`s the one with the money big grin evil face

Old Post Jan 28th, 2002 10:02 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

To, if you went to the EpII,III section a while ago, you knew his kids were adopted

Old Post Jan 28th, 2002 11:04 AM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Edna Witch
Magic

What's A&E

"This Party's Over" -Mace Windu, epII

Old Post Jan 28th, 2002 04:09 PM
Edna Witch is currently offline Click here to Send Edna Witch a Private Message Find more posts by Edna Witch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

A&E is Arts & Entertainment Channel.

I saw the biography too. Totally cool. Although I've already read the book about him, which went into a lot more detail about Zoetrope. But it was great seeing a lot of old "behind the scenes" footage from Tunisia and the soundstages in London. Back then, it looked like George weighed about 150 pounds soaking wet.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2002 06:06 PM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

ah! Those days! The days George had black hair... long time ago...

Old Post Jan 28th, 2002 06:10 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

He does seem like a really down to Earth guy, but he is a nerd laughing out loud No question about it rolling on floor laughing

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Jan 28th, 2002 07:55 PM
Gundark
Mayhem

Well you just blew your weekend at Skywalker Ranch.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2002 09:34 PM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
but he is a nerd No question about it

Well To you`ll be two of a kind then.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2002 10:26 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

But I have a full house stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 28th, 2002 10:28 PM
finti

yeah yeah, you are the men in the mirrors stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 28th, 2002 10:29 PM
yerssot

isn't that from a song of M Jackson?
Looking like the man in the mirror or something like that?

Old Post Jan 28th, 2002 10:30 PM
Tex
Yumsz

I missed it sad

A&E is an old geezer channel evil face

Old Post Jan 29th, 2002 12:02 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

Biography is usually pretty good.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Jan 29th, 2002 05:32 AM
SilentMike

I thought it was a great biography, it made my respect for George Lucas shoot up considerably. To bad Hollywood don't give him more respect the man should have an oscar by now. I never knew he was so rich either or that his ex-wife took half his money from SW. It also pointed out how a lot of the movies that keep getting made now are directly influenced by Lucas. Something I point out to people who hate SW but like really stupid crapola like Independence Day or any modern action or adventure flicks.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2002 07:06 AM
SilentMike is currently offline Click here to Send SilentMike a Private Message Find more posts by SilentMike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

Yes. I don't really see how him being a nice guy makes him Oscar worthy. Perhaps for special effects, and things of that nature. But not for Best Picture or Director status.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Jan 29th, 2002 09:46 AM