KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » If there was a god? (plese reply)

If there was a god? (plese reply)
Started by: Napalm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Napalm
Mr. Hyde

If there was a god? (plese reply)

If a god existed but he was crule and unjust and way incompetent. Would you still follow him? Even if questioning his authority would mean going to hell?
Id have to say yes I would follow him because of the severe consquinses. Never quenstion a gods authority.

Bud list SlipknoT,42bardock,Freddy love,Similing Sadly,Mr Parker, Jackie Malfoy,Aku

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 03:51 PM
Napalm is currently offline Click here to Send Napalm a Private Message Find more posts by Napalm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lucija
xxx

good thread thumb up
we have some idea of God and we believe that he IS kind, clever and fair but maybe he ISN'T and I think we are not clever enough to find out if he is good or not... so my answer is yes I would follow him cause God knows what is he doing even if he was unfair. it is profitable to obey Him I mean smile

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 04:22 PM
lucija is currently offline Click here to Send lucija a Private Message Find more posts by lucija Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Epicurian Philosophy people!! This is the way:

The ultimate goal in life is contentment
The greatest obsticle to contentment is fear
The greatest fear is the fear of the Gods
Therefore
The greatest evil is religion

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 04:31 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Napalm
Mr. Hyde

quote:
Originally posted by lucija
good thread thumb up
we have some idea of God and we believe that he IS kind, clever and fair but maybe he ISN'T and I think we are not clever enough to find out if he is good or not... so my answer is yes I would follow him cause God knows what is he doing even if he was unfair. it is profitable to obey Him I mean smile

I think so too. I just wonderd how people would respond if he wasnt

Bud list SlipknoT,42bardock,Freddy love,Similing Sadly,Mr Parker, Jackie Malfoy,Aku

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 04:34 PM
Napalm is currently offline Click here to Send Napalm a Private Message Find more posts by Napalm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ms Chelle
ubuntu

i can honestly say i would not follow a crule and unjust god .

if it meant going to hell then so be it . if god were crule and unjust then it would be no different then sharing my bed with satan then kissing gods crule ass .

made by Scribble

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 04:39 PM
Ms Chelle is currently offline Click here to Send Ms Chelle a Private Message Find more posts by Ms Chelle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Napalm
Mr. Hyde

Even if he would reward you for your obedience?

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 04:40 PM
Ms Chelle
ubuntu

but if god were crule and unjust , how could i trust him/her ?

made by Scribble

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 04:42 PM
Ms Chelle is currently offline Click here to Send Ms Chelle a Private Message Find more posts by Ms Chelle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

quote:
Originally posted by shellie
i can honestly say i would not follow a crule and unjust god .

if it meant going to hell then so be it . if god were crule and unjust then it would be no different then sharing my bed with satan then kissing gods crule ass .

Well said that Minx wink

I don't believe in an Almighty being in the first place, but if I did and he happened to be cruel and unjust, then I'd drop religion like a ton of bricks. What exactly would be the point? I assume, and I may be wrong, that in following a God you are pledging your faith in something pure and true, if this were not the case and God was cruel and unjust, why would you bother? Just a general query, I don't often try logic but I really don't get that erm

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 04:43 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Napalm
Mr. Hyde

quote:

hmmmm maybe he needed soldiers to enforce his power and he cant afford to trick you

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 04:48 PM
Syren
dreaming

§nake, you're one confusing fella so you are.

I credit myself with a high intelligence (shut it haters) but I don't understand you half the time.........

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 04:51 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lucija
xxx

quote:

I think that people cannot know God's character. is he honest? is he cruel? we can't recognize that. we know what God lets us to know...

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 05:07 PM
lucija is currently offline Click here to Send lucija a Private Message Find more posts by lucija Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

gotta believe in God before i participate in this one...

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 05:16 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

I agree with Milla on this... Organized religion is evil. There's a big difference between believing in a God because you actually love him/her/it, and trying to believe in one because you're afraid of what comes after death.

If a god was really "incompetant" as you put it, how do I know he would actually send me to hell for not obeying him?

I was listening to this interview with Marilyn Manson, and he explained why he didn't like Christianity. The first big reason was how they try to scare you into believing in their religion. The second is that they glorify their religion above all others ("...the closest thing I did to that [burning down a church] was tearing up a bible, which was really just a symbolic thing... To show it's a book like any other, nobody's going to be mad if I tear up a dictionary")... And then (probably not last), that they place such great emphasis on worshipping God. He mentioned the story of Lucifer, who was cast out of heaven for trying to be God. That also bugs me, like in Dante's hell how there's a place in hell for those who didn't sin but were not Christian. Sounds like a load of bull to me.

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 05:19 PM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

Exactly. I'd rather not kiss the ass of a God who held himself above all others whilst preaching about equality. Little less detailed than my usual efforts but I think it says enough.

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 05:23 PM
CherryPop
I'm Bringing Sexy Back

Re: If there was a god? (plese reply)

quote:
Originally posted by §nakehead
If a god existed but he was crule and unjust and way incompetent. Would you still follow him? Even if questioning his authority would mean going to hell?
Id have to say yes I would follow him because of the severe consquinses. Never quenstion a gods authority.

I'd follow him no matter what. And i would NEVER question him.

My Sig Gallery Taking Requests

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 06:22 PM
CherryPop is currently offline Click here to Send CherryPop a Private Message Find more posts by CherryPop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fëanor

quote:
Originally posted by lucija
I think that people cannot know God's character. is he honest? is he cruel? we can't recognize that. we know what God lets us to know...

the frailty of this reply is that you're assuming God is fraught human qualities...if there is a God, then one would have to assume he/she is beyond our limited human emotions and responses...

honesty, cruelty, what are those that created all things according to holy text??? you then have to assume he/she created all this out sheer boredom and taunt us lowly humans as a child would to ants...

a cruel god is one invented by one who wished to submit the masses into believing a 'thing' that would greatly benefit the author of the invention...a thing called fear...

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 06:25 PM
Fëanor is currently offline Click here to Send Fëanor a Private Message Find more posts by Fëanor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
If he was cruel,unjust and way incompetent wouldnt his place be hell then?

quote:
I'd follow him no matter what. And i would NEVER question him.
yeah thats what the sheep said following the first one in line into the slaughterhouse. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 06:58 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CherryPop
I'm Bringing Sexy Back

God does everything for a reason, Finti

My Sig Gallery Taking Requests

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 07:05 PM
CherryPop is currently offline Click here to Send CherryPop a Private Message Find more posts by CherryPop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

"If a god existed but he was crule and unjust and way incompetent. Would you still follow him? Even if questioning his authority would mean going to hell?
Id have to say yes I would follow him because of the severe consquinses. Never quenstion a gods authority."

If Hell is the price of knowing I didn't lay down and be a slave then so be it.

I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 07:29 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
God does everything for a reason, Finti
so thats why peopel should follow this god blindly because it is said to be reason

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 07:54 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote