KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Top 3 Fears

Top 3 Fears
Started by: ChickinMeat

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ChickinMeat

Top 3 Fears

What are your top 3 fears?

Mine are

1)Spiders/Scorpions, infact any giant bug
2)Supernatural Beings/Occurances
3)Drowning/Water

http://www.myspace.com/chickinmeat

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 01:57 PM
ChickinMeat is currently offline Click here to Send ChickinMeat a Private Message Find more posts by ChickinMeat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

Spiders and Centipeads are the only ones I can think of right now

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 02:30 PM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChickinMeat

ya centipedes are nasty. they are most probably harmless, but they scare me no end!

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 02:41 PM
ChickinMeat is currently offline Click here to Send ChickinMeat a Private Message Find more posts by ChickinMeat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

1. closed spaces/suffocation
2. Deep water for some reason... I like swimming and kayaking and such but for some reason it creeps me out to be swimming or boating in a really deep lake or body of water...
3. Strange diseases no expression

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 02:50 PM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by ChickinMeat
ya centipedes are nasty. they are most probably harmless, but they scare me no end!
There is this one centipead on the Golden Islands that is supposed to be the most painful insect bit, next to the bullet ant.

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 03:47 PM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naz
Super Senior Member

1) being burried alive, being underground like in a cave or something alone. Or being left alone in the middle of no where with out a way to get in touch with any one.
2) The Supernatural.
3) Rabid Dogs.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 04:28 PM
Naz is currently offline Click here to Send Naz a Private Message Find more posts by Naz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Napalm
Mr. Hyde

Spiders

heights

maggots

Bud list SlipknoT,42bardock,Freddy love,Similing Sadly,Mr Parker, Jackie Malfoy,Aku

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 04:31 PM
Napalm is currently offline Click here to Send Napalm a Private Message Find more posts by Napalm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChickinMeat

quote:
Originally posted by SlipknoT
There is this one centipead on the Golden Islands that is supposed to be the most painful insect bit, next to the bullet ant.

i dont know why these critters have to be so nasty, why cant they hug you instead. also ive never heard of the bullet ant, ever

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 05:03 PM
Papaumau
Man of the world

Phobias....

They are great things to talk about but not great things too have.

Fears are bad a enough but phobias a much worse.

I don't think - or more correctly DIDN'T think - that I had any phobias at all as I had conquered all of my fears.

( Fears can be fought and beaten but phobias are another thing altogether ! ).

While I was working at my trade ( and before I went into the civil service ), I was often asked to go into small places to work, ( under floors and into small workspaces etc' ), and I didn't think that I had any claustrophobia, ( the worst phobia of them all ! ).

I didn't think that I had this phobia until I had to go for an MRI scan.

This machine...which hums & clicks... is wrapped around a long narrow tunnel that has a narrow bench on it for passing the patient into.

I lay down and they strapped me in, ( well at least my head ), so that I would not - could not - move it. I was then passed down the length of this two-foot wide tube and into the bowels of the machine.

( Incidentally, the nurse/technician gave me a bulb to hold before I went in.....suspicious that ! ).

Anyway.... I went into the bowels of the machine and immediately began to feel uncomfortable. I tried to fight the feeling off but couldn't. I went into a cold-sweat panic and pressed the bulb. There was about a second and a half delay before they got me out but by that time I was in terror and soaking in sweat.

THAT....my dearies...is phobia...NOT fear !

*SHUDDER* eek!

Click my sig'-pic' to go to my forum
and attached consumer website

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 05:03 PM
Papaumau is currently offline Click here to Send Papaumau a Private Message Find more posts by Papaumau Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naz
Super Senior Member

i had to have a mri on my head big grin, but it was a open mri, so not as bad as a normal one that looks like a drainage tube! those are freaky looking yes

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 05:06 PM
Naz is currently offline Click here to Send Naz a Private Message Find more posts by Naz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ms Chelle
ubuntu

#1 fear is deep water (any water over chest level) *shutters*

#2 big bugs (water bugs especially)

#3 suffication

made by Scribble

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 05:07 PM
Ms Chelle is currently offline Click here to Send Ms Chelle a Private Message Find more posts by Ms Chelle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

i fear nothing

stick out tongue

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 05:11 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naz
Super Senior Member

i think i have Taphephobia! eek!

"Taphephobia / Taphophobia refers to an abnormal and persistent fear of being buried alive or of cemeteries."

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 05:16 PM
Papaumau
Man of the world

quote:
Originally posted by Moo Cow
i had to have a mri on my head big grin, but it was a open mri, so not as bad as a normal one that looks like a drainage tube! those are freaky looking yes

I think that that was a CT scan or a PET scan as these scanners are only like large do-nuts that are about a foot deep. ( You can put a whole person into an MRI machine ).

Incidentally... I was getting my head looked too, ( many people had told me to do this in the past roll eyes (sarcastic) ), and after I had had the bad reaction to the MRI scan they told me that I could tolerate the CT scan. I did and incidentally my head was as-sound-as-a-pound ! big grin

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 05:54 PM
Papaumau is currently offline Click here to Send Papaumau a Private Message Find more posts by Papaumau Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Spiders

Drowning

Being in very closed, small places.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 05:57 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naz
Super Senior Member

quote:
Originally posted by Papaumau
I think that that was a CT scan or a PET scan as these scanners are only like large do-nuts that are about a foot deep. ( You can put a whole person into an MRI machine ).

Incidentally... I was getting my head looked too, ( many people had told me to do this in the past roll eyes (sarcastic) ), and after I had had the bad reaction to the MRI scan they told me that I could tolerate the CT scan. I did and incidentally my head was as-sound-as-a-pound ! big grin

no, i went through an open mri smile

(please log in to view the image)
^ it look like that

there was nothing wrong with my head either eek! i had these chronic headaches and we found it was because i was allergic to something in my classroom stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 05:58 PM
Papaumau
Man of the world

Sorry Moo Cow....It is obvious that you have better technology where you are than we have in darkest Scotland.

Of course you are right as there IS such a thing as an open MRI.

Thanks for informing me of that as MRI scans are much better than CT scans I believe.

I will remember your advice if ever I need to have my head looked again. laughing

Just to show that I am as clever as you are here is another open MRI scanner and some pictures of inside my head: roll eyes (sarcastic)

(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by Papaumau on Aug 23rd, 2004 at 06:15 PM

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 06:13 PM
Peach
mordrem

1: Heights. I am absolutely terrified of heights, and do not like being more than three feet above ground.
2: Needles. I've got no idea why, but I have a totally irrational (and horrible) fear of needles.
3: Small enclosed spaces. Yes, I'm claustrophobic.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 06:26 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naz
Super Senior Member

is that really your head? eek!

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 06:29 PM
Papaumau
Man of the world

Yo SS........

( Wow...just noticed that your initials stand for Der Sturm Staffel )......

Anyway... those three fears ARE phobias and I am sure they are really and truly terrifying to you !

They say that you can be de-sensitised to phobias by deliberately facing them under controlled conditions...but I am not so sure.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 06:35 PM