KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Contraception for men.

Male contraception...
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
I'd go through with it. 3 60.00%
I'd have to go through all the pros and cons 0 0%
No, I wouldn't do it. 2 40.00%
Total: 5 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Contraception for men.
Started by: Thael

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Chance SL
Chance(TM)

Question Contraception for men.

Some of you may have heard about the new form of contraception designed for men, it works like this.... you get a device inserted into your arm (no bigger than a match) that releases female hormones into your system and somehow make you "fire blanks", the downside (what some women are saying, something a guy wouldn't do) is that you have to have another injection every 3 months to negate the effects the female hormone would have on a man.

Now, even though its only being tested on a few guys, it sounds like something I'd get done, because its about time us guys had to goto the doctors and get something done about contraception, and up until now all us guys have had to do is wear a condom (and some of us don't even do that and expect a woman to have all the appropriate stuff done), there would still be risks about wether or not it would work and all the talk about the possible side affects but I guess the main point of this thread is:-

Guys: Would you go through with it?
Girls: Do you think its reliable enough?

Touché.no expression, Rose of Isis, Walsh, Piggles shifty, MG , Scribble , Ms Chelle, Quincy, Clovie, Syren, Lea.no expression, Emma Representing™ on Steam | My Steam Profile; Chance™

Old Post Mar 4th, 2004 12:18 PM
Chance SL is currently offline Click here to Send Chance SL a Private Message Find more posts by Chance SL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Corran
Lucifer

What would the side-effects be?

Old Post Mar 4th, 2004 01:05 PM
Corran is currently offline Click here to Send Corran a Private Message Find more posts by Corran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

if no harmfull side effects sure

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Mar 4th, 2004 01:07 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

That' s comparable to Implanon (for women) then. Apparently, the only difference is that the hormone is released slowly from the device into the bloodstream over 3 years.

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2004 01:10 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Chance SL
Chance(TM)

One drawback of neutralizing GnRH, however, is the suppression of testosterone, a hormone that in men generates libido and secondary sexual characteristics. Thus, men who use the GnRH injection also must use a substitute for testosterone called 7-alpha methyl-19-nortestosterone, or MENT, which is slowly released into a man's body using an implant rod inserted under the skin of a man's upper arm, similar to the Norplant system used by women. This helps to restore normal sexual drive and secondary sexual characteristics, such as the growth of facial hair.

The current study in Chile is designed to examine safety issues. If results are encouraging, the immunocontraceptive's efficacy will then be studied in a trial expected to enroll up to 150 subjects, says Dr. J.F. Catterall, director of reproductive physiology at the Population Council.

Touché.no expression, Rose of Isis, Walsh, Piggles shifty, MG , Scribble , Ms Chelle, Quincy, Clovie, Syren, Lea.no expression, Emma Representing™ on Steam | My Steam Profile; Chance™

Old Post Mar 4th, 2004 01:11 PM
Chance SL is currently offline Click here to Send Chance SL a Private Message Find more posts by Chance SL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Chance SL
Chance(TM)

Old Post Mar 4th, 2004 01:11 PM
ash007
Strength and Honour

no i would take the pill but i do use other forms of contraception like Condoms which i feel is much more safer to use then the pill
Plus my Girlfriend told me she would rather have her take the pill then me. Because in the end she will be the one who will get pregenet

With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.These words were uttered by Judge Aaron Satie -- as awisdom, and warning. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged.

"One ought never to turn one's back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half.-----Sir Winston Churchill

Last edited by ash007 on Mar 4th, 2004 at 01:22 PM

Old Post Mar 4th, 2004 01:14 PM
ash007 is currently offline Click here to Send ash007 a Private Message Find more posts by ash007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Krosus

There is also just an Injection with no discernable side effects in final phase of testing, i will try and dig up the link.

The question is, would you trust a guy who said he'd had the injection if you met him in a club or a dating site etc..... it's a great idea no doubt but not a cureall.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2004 01:16 PM
Krosus is currently offline Click here to Send Krosus a Private Message Find more posts by Krosus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Corran
Lucifer

That's a very good point, plus using a condom is safer for other reasons too.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2004 01:21 PM
Corran is currently offline Click here to Send Corran a Private Message Find more posts by Corran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Chance SL
Chance(TM)

They mentioned that on the news, how a guy could just say he had the injection just to get out of wearing a condom, or for just more dubious reasons.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2004 01:22 PM
ash007
Strength and Honour

indeed it should be up to the women i am not being rude but they could get pregent.

With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.These words were uttered by Judge Aaron Satie -- as awisdom, and warning. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged.

"One ought never to turn one's back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half.-----Sir Winston Churchill

Old Post Mar 4th, 2004 01:23 PM
ash007 is currently offline Click here to Send ash007 a Private Message Find more posts by ash007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

Am I missing something or can women get pregnant without men?

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2004 01:25 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ash007
Strength and Honour

no what i mean is women should trust all men who say they are on the pill.
They should take precautions themsleves

Old Post Mar 4th, 2004 01:26 PM
Baylin
Back in story!

quote:
Originally posted by Corran
What would the side-effects be?

Hmm taking female hormones? Wouldnt you grow breasts! big grin laughing
I'll do it!!!!

Old Post Mar 4th, 2004 03:45 PM
Baylin is currently offline Click here to Send Baylin a Private Message Find more posts by Baylin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

if the two take birth control very lil can happen

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Mar 4th, 2004 03:47 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Asami
Vicious and Malicious

I'll trust the male pill after a few decades showing that it doesn't cause abnormalities

Old Post Mar 4th, 2004 03:49 PM
Asami is currently offline Click here to Send Asami a Private Message Find more posts by Asami Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

No chance am I taking female hormone shots. I'm in touch with my feminine side enough as it is. Don't women have a shot they can take every 3 month in order to protect themselves? I'm not sure of the side effects, but i don't think it creates any hormonal imbalance.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2004 03:49 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Corran
Lucifer

quote:
Originally posted by Asami
I'll trust the male pill after a few decades showing that it doesn't cause abnormalities
But would ladies trust males enough when they say they are on the pill?

Old Post Mar 4th, 2004 03:58 PM
Storm
Black belt BJJ

Good point. Maybe not males in general but I would trust Fire if he said he was on the pill.

Make poverty history.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2004 04:04 PM
Asami
Vicious and Malicious

quote:
Originally posted by Corran
But would ladies trust males enough when they say they are on the pill?

I hope to have settled down in a few decades big grin Maybe with kids too wink

Old Post Mar 4th, 2004 04:11 PM
Asami is currently offline Click here to Send Asami a Private Message Find more posts by Asami Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote