KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Education

Well?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes. 6 46.15%
It depends on your career. 3 23.08%
No. 4 30.77%
Total: 13 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Education
Started by: s|m

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
draku

Education

Do you think that education is the key to success?

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 08:12 PM
draku is currently offline Click here to Send draku a Private Message Find more posts by draku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mane
Restricted

Account Restricted

no i dnt thnk ejjuccatun is inpotant lol!!!!!11!1!!!!1111!!!11!!one!!!11!111

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 08:56 PM
Mane is currently offline Click here to Send Mane a Private Message Find more posts by Mane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beyonder

It is. It helps when people aren't ignorant when it comes to issues. A lot of hatred comes from stupid people who don't know shit. Alot of people dismiss Evolution and believe only what the Bible says. Education is the key to success in life and decision making. The more educated you are, the more understanding you can be.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 09:29 PM
Beyonder is currently offline Click here to Send Beyonder a Private Message Find more posts by Beyonder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

quote:
Originally posted by Mane

hahaha!

quote:
Do you think that education is the key to success?

Absolutely! Plus I always have consider education and learning to be the most important factors in human life.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 10:21 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
draku

quote:
Originally posted by Mane

laughing

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 11:13 AM
draku is currently offline Click here to Send draku a Private Message Find more posts by draku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nemo
ocean and sea

well, education to a cetain extent is a must.
though i sometimes i wonder if it is a kind of mass brainwashing.
on religion, education, abortion, gay issue ect. it's totally polarised. it depend on which part of the world u're from, therefor what kind of education u're given. from american south, you take one view, north-east state like NY another. or more religious contry like Italy Vs more liberal country, say Sweden
through out history it had always been this way, but it's still scary.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 11:55 AM
nemo is currently offline Click here to Send nemo a Private Message Find more posts by nemo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Of course it's important, there are very few careers you can get without education and your chances of getting a good job are slim to nil.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 03:10 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

I think it depends on what career you can be succesfull in a lot of professions without a diploma or a proper education

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 03:15 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

It's very much going the way, though, that many professions need some sort of specific education.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 03:16 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Yes, educating yourself is important.

Even though it can be hard, i love going to school/university. If someone would pay me like a proper job, id be studying for the rest of my life.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 04:07 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

I say no. Lots of people become highly successful (and rich) without ever finishing school.

The point is that these poeple are very few, and the best way to improve your chances of being successful is to study hard and gain qualifications. End of.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 04:11 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

quote:
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Yes, educating yourself is important.

Even though it can be hard, i love going to school/university. If someone would pay me like a proper job, id be studying for the rest of my life.

Exactly, I love learning.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 04:14 PM
Baylin
Back in story!

Education has its uses but it not necessarily the key to success, hard work and luck is!

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 04:15 PM
Baylin is currently offline Click here to Send Baylin a Private Message Find more posts by Baylin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

Still you can make it big in he media (movies/music and so forth) without even having a degree or a diploma.
There are also quite a lot of positions (in belgium atleast) for which ppl are appointed by other people without needing qualifications, doesn't happen tho but in theory it is possible.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 04:16 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

Politics is also a profession in which you can make it without having a real education.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 04:16 PM
Baylin
Back in story!

Politics? The less you really know the better you are I think...

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 04:18 PM
Baylin is currently offline Click here to Send Baylin a Private Message Find more posts by Baylin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

You have to be rather educated to be a successful politician.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 04:20 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

I beg to differ, most top politicians in Belgium are highly educated people. But in theory you could become prime minister without having a degree

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 04:20 PM
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

Tex has a degree from Bovine University. yes

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 04:22 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Making it big in movies and music is more reliant on raw talent and dumb luck. But how good can you be if you've never taken any acting/music courses? Eventually you'll need some sort of education in that field, even if it's not necessarily a college degree.

It'd be hard to be an uneducated politician, I would think...though I will concede that it is possible.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 04:22 PM