KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » London's congestion charge: Where are the busses??

London's congestion charge: Where are the busses??
Started by: Asami

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Asami
Vicious and Malicious

London's congestion charge: Where are the busses??

I'm not sure if I spelt the plural of "bus" correctly, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Its ridiculous! Its been over a year since the mayor of London introduced the congestion charge (which means driving into London costs us the driver £5 - yup, we have to PAY to drive into central London).

Here's my rant. To get to uni I have to take a bus to the city's train station then the train. Trains aren't usually a probably but its the damn bus! The chart says it should arrive about every 10minutes. It doesn't. I'd be lucky if it came every 30mins.

I thought congestion charge meant there's be more busses running?

Old Post Mar 9th, 2004 01:49 PM
Asami is currently offline Click here to Send Asami a Private Message Find more posts by Asami Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

no idea but sounds like a problem yea, in belgium they are still looking for ways to improve our already ok public transportation system

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Mar 9th, 2004 02:01 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fitch
Free

we don't have problems that big....yet.but it's nasty..

Old Post Mar 9th, 2004 02:08 PM
Fitch is currently offline Click here to Send Fitch a Private Message Find more posts by Fitch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

sounds like fun fitch

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Mar 9th, 2004 02:11 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yeah, that's the theory, Asami, but we all know in practice our public transport system needs HUGE work- I think we are talking decades here.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 9th, 2004 03:25 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Asami
Vicious and Malicious

For now I can only moan here. The system is really crappy!!

In the mornings, 8am I wait for the bus. Non of the busses I need come alone (of 8 choices, only one goes to my destination).
But what do I see??? In 20mins, 3 drivers under construction. I wonder how long it takes to pass the test to become a bus driver because I've been seeing learner drivers since last semester started. ARGH.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2004 05:46 PM
Asami is currently offline Click here to Send Asami a Private Message Find more posts by Asami Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Corran
Lucifer

buses.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2004 05:49 PM
Corran is currently offline Click here to Send Corran a Private Message Find more posts by Corran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Midal
Dark Lord

I've heard it had gotten bad since i left in '95 but I didn't realize how bad

love Em'J loveMy Wife

Old Post Mar 9th, 2004 05:50 PM
Darth_Midal is currently offline Click here to Send Darth_Midal a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Midal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

Eeeuuuuw, public transport. sick

Old Post Mar 9th, 2004 05:51 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Midal
Dark Lord

I agree although it is more expensive sometimes with the maintenance and what not but I'd rather drive everywhere

love Em'J loveMy Wife

Old Post Mar 9th, 2004 05:52 PM
Darth_Midal is currently offline Click here to Send Darth_Midal a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Midal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Asami
Vicious and Malicious

quote:
Originally posted by Corran
buses.

Cheers!

Old Post Mar 9th, 2004 06:08 PM
Jamief90

I heard a news report a while back that said, projected revenue from the first year of running the congestion charge scheme had fallen short of targets leaving a shortfall for the second years running costs. Seems to me that the intention wasn't to reduce congestion but generate revenue.

Same with the speed cameras, the fact that year after year, revenue generated by speed traps goes up (i.e. more people speeding) but the number of deaths on the road asn't changed. Whats that say about the whole affair!

Old Post Mar 9th, 2004 06:12 PM
Jamief90 is currently offline Click here to Send Jamief90 a Private Message Find more posts by Jamief90 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Midal
Dark Lord

That it's a waste of your money. Everything we do these days profits the Government of the respective country we reside in for example Smoking is a pleasure enjoyed by many but now every government in the world is Taxing the living Crap out of them making it impossible to buy them it's not right. evil face smokin'

love Em'J loveMy Wife

Old Post Mar 9th, 2004 06:27 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Road deaths are going up because of the increase in traffic! Road deaths in the areas where there are a lot of speed cameras are indeed decreasing in many cases.

I have no objection to the Government collecting fines when people are doing something illegal. Don't want to pay? Don't break the darn law! The money isn;t going directly into their pockets, you know. it is all, eventually, going back into the country.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Mar 9th, 2004 at 06:47 PM

Old Post Mar 9th, 2004 06:32 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Midal
Dark Lord

quote:
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Road deaths are going up because of the increase in traffic! Road deaths in the areas ehere there are a lot of speed cameras are indeed decreasing in many areas!

I have no objection to the Government collecting fines when people are doing something illegal. Don;t want to pay? Don't break the darn law! The money isn;t going directly into their pockets, you know. it is all, eventually, going back into the country.

I'm not disagreeing with you but here in canada we have not got any Speed camera's and the police manage to catch enough speeders. All I'm saying is that there is no need for Camera's when all it takes is for the police to do there jobs. evil face smokin'

love Em'J loveMy Wife

Old Post Mar 9th, 2004 06:45 PM
Corran
Lucifer

quote:
Originally posted by Asami
Cheers!
Welsome.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2004 12:39 PM
Corran is currently offline Click here to Send Corran a Private Message Find more posts by Corran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote