KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Blunkett Has Quit

Blunkett Has Quit
Started by: The Inkeeper

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Inkeeper

Blunkett Has Quit

BLUNKETT FALLS ON SWORD
quote:

David Blunkett has resigned as Home Secretary amid claims he had abused his office.

The high-profile Cabinet member had been under pressure to quit his post following claims he fast-tracked a visa for the nanny of his ex-lover Kimberly Quinn.

Mr Blunkett said he was quitting after an inquiry established there had been an exchange of emails about the application between his office and immigration officials.

Mr Blunkett said: "I have always been honest about my recollection of events.

"But any perception of this application being speeded up requires me to take responsibility.

"That is why with enormous regret I have tendered my resignation to the Prime Minister today."

There have also been allegations this week that he speeded-up a second visa for nanny Leoncia Casalme.

It was reported Mr Blunkett used his influence to allow her to obtain the correct papers to visit Austria in days instead of weeks.

There is speculation that Education Secretary Charles Clarke will be appointed Home Secretary.

Skynews ^^

How do you feel about his resignation?

Im Back happy

Last edited by The Inkeeper on Dec 15th, 2004 at 06:36 PM

Old Post Dec 15th, 2004 06:31 PM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

I know this sounds like a stupid question but who is Blunkett?JM

Lord Matt Parker Clare moose Clovie Danii furryman Shellie Jason Yoda(Son) chris Slipknot English(son)a1hsauce ROB Penny Alice and Taft Napalm Sim Telperala Bardock42 Aku Lara Spriderman Lady Slytherin Mike Cherrypie and Fearnix Raggie Dark1365 Syren Tired Hiker LadyGrim and Spoonly(mypimp)Puddin Gisele FEDfan316 and Dean spazzymcgee14 Kharhmah Pink Diamond Lazerus(Husband) Syko Freak Lance Bordom Laurie kelly jason Bert Tecknoyashi Maya Grand Moff Gav(Lawer) Fopret Ketchuptome23453245 Gen Grevious(son) Chelsea17 Snehin Apollox Shaggy2dope(son)Big Evil Twelling4ever Powerfulone DamienB Mew Cherry Leowyatt.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2004 07:11 PM
Jackie Malfoy is currently offline Click here to Send Jackie Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Jackie Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

Ex Brittish Home Secretary

Im Back happy

Old Post Dec 15th, 2004 07:13 PM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Isn't he one of Blair's top man? Will this change anything in the coming elections?

Old Post Dec 15th, 2004 07:48 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

Yep, i think if he had stayed it would have been worse for Blair...

Plus, in the midst of all this emerging he actually released a book insulting alot of his colleaguesroll eyes (sarcastic)

Im Back happy

Old Post Dec 15th, 2004 08:02 PM
fuct_up_kid
Trash Flavoured Trash

i didn't know he was blind until sunday...that's my fact for today messed

i don't know much about politics but i think with all the bad press about him lately it was pretty inevitable he was going to resign.

I hate to break this to you, but being a coward is not a legitimate career

Old Post Dec 15th, 2004 08:25 PM
fuct_up_kid is currently offline Click here to Send fuct_up_kid a Private Message Find more posts by fuct_up_kid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

That's what did for him, that last bit.

Hard man, Blunkett. Very hard. It was good odds he would tough it out. And yes, he was one of the top Labour crowd, and much as I did not like Blunkett as Education Secretary (too left wing) he was at least a man of talent and action; his replacement as Education Secretary (the aforementioned Charles Clarke) has been dull and insipid and I cannot see him doing a better job as Home Secretary.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 15th, 2004 08:26 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

I, for one, am VERY happy he's quit.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2004 08:50 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

His dog make you nervous?

Old Post Dec 15th, 2004 08:51 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

did he resign over that visa thingy or was there something more serious envolved too?

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Dec 15th, 2004 08:52 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

No, his eyes

But seriously, the guy was like a totalitarian, drunk on power.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2004 08:52 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

Why Raz?

Visa thing started the ball rolling, it was numerous things that did it :/

edit- Too late

Im Back happy

Old Post Dec 15th, 2004 08:53 PM
finti

quote:
But seriously, the guy was like a totalitarian, drunk on power
a politician in other words

Old Post Dec 15th, 2004 08:54 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

okie good, cause if those visa things were the only things it was a stupid reason to leave

Old Post Dec 15th, 2004 08:54 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

Cant believe he brought his book out in the middle of it laughing What a guy.

Im Back happy

Old Post Dec 15th, 2004 08:55 PM
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

There is no bad publicity.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2004 09:01 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

No, the book is not his. Someone else wrote it and he gave the guy interviews.

The author is now pushing the book, trying to exploit the situation.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2004 09:03 PM
Fire

typical

Old Post Dec 15th, 2004 09:04 PM
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

I'd do it.

Cha-ching!

Old Post Dec 15th, 2004 09:07 PM
baracustastic
I aint gettin on no plane

I find it quite amusing.

I don't like Blair, and find it funny that the man he has given a shedload of backing in the last few weeks has been found out.

Americans add throwing, pads, alter the length of the game etc, i.e. change it completely yet still call it football.

Then they call the original soccer, and expect the rest of the world to adopt this bastard name. Pish.

From hence forth American football shall be known as "soccer." by me.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2004 10:50 PM
baracustastic is currently offline Click here to Send baracustastic a Private Message Find more posts by baracustastic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote