KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Queen mom

Queen mom
Started by: yerssot

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
yerssot

Queen mom

Although I'm quite sure, people from the Uk already knew this, and also a few others...

The Queen Mom has passed away at age 101

Old Post Mar 30th, 2002 06:05 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

The Queen Mother? As in the mother of Prince Charles? If not then it must be the mother of someone else. I'm not that good with leaders of other countries.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2002 06:28 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

yes, it's the Queen Mother

Old Post Mar 30th, 2002 06:36 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

The Mother of Prince Charles?

Old Post Mar 30th, 2002 06:48 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

I have no idea about that to be honest, I believe she's his grandmother, actually

Old Post Mar 30th, 2002 06:50 PM
LanceWindu

Oh, because if it was his mother than he'd be the King right now.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2002 06:52 PM
yerssot

well, then she's not his mother

Old Post Mar 30th, 2002 06:53 PM
LanceWindu

She is his grandmother than.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2002 06:55 PM
Kiwi Leia

The Queen Mother is the Mother of the late Princess Margaret and Queen Elizabeth the 2nd who is the mother of Prince Charles(future King of England), Andrew, Edward and Ann.

The Queen Mother got her name 50 years ago. WHen her husband the king died the title of Queen of England went to Elizabeth, so instead of having two Queens, she became the Queen Mother.

I think this is all right, sure the Brits on here will correct me.

Queen Mother was an awesome lady who will be greatly missed through out the world. smile

Old Post Mar 30th, 2002 07:34 PM
Kiwi Leia is currently offline Click here to Send Kiwi Leia a Private Message Find more posts by Kiwi Leia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Oh, that's horrible!
I dont know anything really about the Royal family, but I do know that I liked the Queen Mom!
She was always smiling and walking around greeting people on her birthday!
That's tooo bad! sad

Old Post Mar 30th, 2002 07:59 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yes, it's very sad, especially as she always seemed so remarkably healthy for her age.

Princess Margaret only recently died, which was very sad in itself; they say this may have fatally dis-spirited the Queen Mum.

Very harsh on the Queen, of course; losing Sister and Mother so close together.

The Queen is the last of the old guard now; there will not be a royal of her sort ever again.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 31st, 2002 12:06 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

She lived a long and healthy life and died peacefully in her sleep..sounds like a good way to end if you ask me...still it's sad though.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2002 12:07 AM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

well, they showed us a small scene with her, where she was talking to the senate, I think, and all of a sudden she stopped, looked at her neighbour and said "that's my glass you're drinking off"

Now THAT is a spicey grandmother!

Also, I like the parade for her birthday (again not sure) where she refused to sit down smile

Old Post Mar 31st, 2002 12:11 AM
keokiswahine
Confusion

she's so tiny, she wanted everyone to see her and to know she was well. She's been everyone's grandmum, and a survivor.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2002 12:56 AM
keokiswahine is currently offline Click here to Send keokiswahine a Private Message Find more posts by keokiswahine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Sorry, yerss, which senate?

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 31st, 2002 11:57 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

pay that one no attention, I thought it was there, but they didn't said it on the news

Old Post Mar 31st, 2002 04:45 PM
Lara
Belladonna

I think I must say that I'm not a fan of the royal family but the Queen Mother was actually 102 years old and not 101, YERSS!
We had I one minute silence at school on tuseday but it should have been 2. The poxy bloody school cant get anything right.!

be who you are not what they want you to be!

blessed be x

Old Post Apr 11th, 2002 02:39 PM
Lara is currently offline Click here to Send Lara a Private Message Find more posts by Lara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barbie_girl
pole dancing princess

i was at home ill in bed! my mum made me wact the first bit of the funeral though!

Old Post Apr 11th, 2002 02:41 PM
barbie_girl is currently offline Click here to Send barbie_girl a Private Message Find more posts by barbie_girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

quote:
Originally posted by Lara
but the Queen Mother was actually 102 years old and not 101, YERSS!

I got it from the news

Old Post Apr 11th, 2002 04:28 PM
KJ
Sausages

I'm not being rude but she looked more and more like Yoda everytime I saw her.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2002 06:39 PM
KJ is currently offline Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote