KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » What's the point of having children these days . . .

What's the point of having children these days . . .
Started by: Tired Hiker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

What's the point of having children these days . . .

. . . if all the world seems to be coming to an end?

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 09:40 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Surgent
KMC's #1 Fake Mod

There is no point. Don't have children.

One of the biggest reasons the world is coming to an end is because of over-population.

People keep speaking of how the coming generations need to get off the computer and get a life. Wrong. Non-personal social behavior is one of the greatest things to ever happen to this planet.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 09:50 AM
Darth Surgent is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Surgent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Surgent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Hmm. This promotes a vision in my head. Thousands of people swarm to hop onto the space ship out of here, mostly Republicans, Military, and the filthy rich. The common man, you and me, stay behind because we have to, huddling over our computers, visiting KMC Forums. Suddenly, the ship that left crashes into a giant meteor, the meteor predicted to destroy Earth, the meteor that caused the ship to leave in the first place. But the meteor disintegrates when the ship crashes into it, eliminating the threat it posed for Earth. Therefore, the common man, you and me, survive on Earth with our computers on KMC Forums, and we live happily ever after without those others who are now gone!

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 10:31 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

well.. I would think (if one were to actually have children) that you would have them to teach them to be good people... you give them (or teach them) everything you think is good.. sort of giving back to the world perhaps.. on a moral level... we are only as vile and rude as that which we come from, afterall

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 11:19 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Baylin
Back in story!

children are great they teach you to appreciate how good life was before you had the stress of bringing them up... blink

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 11:28 AM
Baylin is currently offline Click here to Send Baylin a Private Message Find more posts by Baylin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

Children are a blessing.When we die our children lives as to finish our life for us.I would love to have children one day.JM

Lord Matt Parker Clare moose Clovie Danii furryman Shellie Jason Yoda(Son) chris Slipknot English(son)a1hsauce ROB Penny Alice and Taft Napalm Sim Telperala Bardock42 Aku Lara Spriderman Lady Slytherin Mike Cherrypie and Fearnix Raggie Dark1365 Syren Tired Hiker LadyGrim and Spoonly(mypimp)Puddin Gisele FEDfan316 and Dean spazzymcgee14 Kharhmah Pink Diamond Lazerus(Husband) Syko Freak Lance Bordom Laurie kelly jason Bert Tecknoyashi Maya Grand Moff Gav(Lawer) Fopret Ketchuptome23453245 Gen Grevious(son) Chelsea17 Snehin Apollox Shaggy2dope(son)Big Evil Twelling4ever Powerfulone DamienB Mew Cherry Leowyatt.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 12:02 PM
Jackie Malfoy is currently offline Click here to Send Jackie Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Jackie Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

"Children are a blessing."

Children are no more a blessing than you eating and a turd coming out of your butt.

They don't FINISH our lives for us, they live their own life. Only humans (or Jackie) could be so naive as to think kids do that, live their lives for us.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 12:14 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

Thanks but I Happen to think other wise.How are they not a blessing?Are you so into yourself that you can't think of caring for children other then just caring about yourself?
That sounds pretty selfish to me.JM

Lord Matt Parker Clare moose Clovie Danii furryman Shellie Jason Yoda(Son) chris Slipknot English(son)a1hsauce ROB Penny Alice and Taft Napalm Sim Telperala Bardock42 Aku Lara Spriderman Lady Slytherin Mike Cherrypie and Fearnix Raggie Dark1365 Syren Tired Hiker LadyGrim and Spoonly(mypimp)Puddin Gisele FEDfan316 and Dean spazzymcgee14 Kharhmah Pink Diamond Lazerus(Husband) Syko Freak Lance Bordom Laurie kelly jason Bert Tecknoyashi Maya Grand Moff Gav(Lawer) Fopret Ketchuptome23453245 Gen Grevious(son) Chelsea17 Snehin Apollox Shaggy2dope(son)Big Evil Twelling4ever Powerfulone DamienB Mew Cherry Leowyatt.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 12:16 PM
Jackie Malfoy is currently offline Click here to Send Jackie Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Jackie Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

quote:
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
"Children are a blessing."

Children are no more a blessing than you eating and a turd coming out of your butt.

Can't believe shellie hasn't commented on this yet.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 12:19 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Any can feel free to comment.

Is my opinion and it's not changing for anything. I'm not a child worshipper nor am I ever going to be. If you have kids and you love them, care for them and nurture them, good for you. You're doing the right thing now that you have them.

As far as the creation of children, a chemical reaction is all it is. There's no blessing involved. One out of two hundred million sperm connecting, is no blessing nor miracle.

If sperm enters into a fertile woman, she will almost definately become pregnant. There is no 50/50 chance about it, you don't have to wait on the edge of your seat as if it's as unlikely as winning the lottery. Sexual intercourse is for the purpose of impregnation, it's not a gamble.

The odds aren't exactly stacked against you.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Last edited by Alpha Centauri on Feb 2nd, 2005 at 12:24 PM

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 12:22 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Filth

quote:
Originally posted by The Tired Hiker
Hmm. This promotes a vision in my head. Thousands of people swarm to hop onto the space ship out of here, mostly Republicans, Military, and the filthy rich. The common man, you and me, stay behind because we have to, huddling over our computers, visiting KMC Forums. Suddenly, the ship that left crashes into a giant meteor, the meteor predicted to destroy Earth, the meteor that caused the ship to leave in the first place. But the meteor disintegrates when the ship crashes into it, eliminating the threat it posed for Earth. Therefore, the common man, you and me, survive on Earth with our computers on KMC Forums, and we live happily ever after without those others who are now gone!

laughing

Dead on the inside and dieing on the outside...

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 12:22 PM
Filth is currently offline Click here to Send Filth a Private Message Find more posts by Filth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote:
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Any can feel free to comment.

Is my opinion and it's not changing for anything. I'm not a child worshipper nor am I ever going to be. If you have kids and you love them, care for them and nurture them, good for you. You're doing the right thing now that you have them.

As far as the creation of children, a chemical reaction is all it is. There's no blessing involved. One out of two hundred million sperm connecting, is no blessing nor miracle.

-AC

ac i know what you mean, but there are a lot of couples out there who wish they could have kids... to them it would be a blessing...

imo its a matter of perspective...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 12:25 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh of course there are infertile people, I mean NO disrespect to them whatsoever. If you WANT kids and can't have them it must be heartbreaking.

However, that doesn't change that what I'm saying is a fact. The only reason they CAN'T have kids is because of a genetic fault and they are now infertile. If they were fertile, and they tried for a kid or two, they'd almost definately get them.

Someone I know has 4 kids at 30 years old, she said to me "My children were blessings."

........You've got four kids. Everytime you tried, it happened, that's because it's designed to. No blessing, no magic, no stork with a baby wrapped in a blanket, no helping hand from God. It's a chemical reaction.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 12:28 PM
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

Someone is changing the subject!lol!jm

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 12:34 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

The subject was, "What's the point of having children these days?"

I'm on topic. Well within bounds.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 12:43 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

i understand what your saying alpha, but what i mean is that to a lot of people its a blessing that they are fertile and can have kids. to create a life, while being easy if your fertile, is a blessing nonetheless in an emotional sense. we all know what happens genetically, but when you hold your own child in your arms and you realise what you've created it becomes special to you the parent...

i know its not always the case, but in a lot of cases it is...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 12:48 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

"we all know what happens genetically, but when you hold your own child in your arms and you realise what you've created it becomes special to you the parent..."

Obviously it's a special moment, emotionally. Anyone can see that, I don't actually want kids and I can see that much.

In any other way than that though, it really is ANYTHING but.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 12:51 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

i suppose... wait till u have a sprog stick out tongue

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 12:55 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm not actually having any children.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 12:57 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

i know, you said that...

just be careful, it can happen awfully easily...

((why cant i find that damn simpsons quote where apu asks homer when did he plan to have kids? and then homer broke his shite laughing. dammit))

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 01:04 PM