KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Why the Rest of the World Hates U.S.

Why the Rest of the World Hates U.S.
Started by: FeceMan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why the Rest of the World Hates U.S.

(It's a play on words--"us" and the abbreviation for United States. Get it? Great.)

Tell me what you believe to be true. I'll put my few cents in later. If you're wrong...well, don't be a moron, that is all I can say.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2005 05:44 AM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ou Be Low hoo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Why the Rest of the World Hates U.S.

quote:
Originally posted by FeceMan
(It's a play on words--"us" and the abbreviation for United States. Get it? Great.)

Tell me what you believe to be true. I'll put my few cents in later. If you're wrong...well, don't be a moron, that is all I can say.

George Dubya Bush and all his multi-faceted perversions of the truth.

Ou, Ou, Ou is all you Need...

Old Post Feb 12th, 2005 05:49 AM
Ou Be Low hoo is currently offline Click here to Send Ou Be Low hoo a Private Message Find more posts by Ou Be Low hoo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

You already made a n00b response. This is NOT going to turn into a flamefest.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2005 05:51 AM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

I think part of it is the attitude that many Americans have, the "We're so much better than the rest of the world" thing.

And before anyone jumps on my back for saying that, two things: 1) I am American (and certainly don't think that way), and 2) I did NOT say all Americans think this way.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MC Mike
Voice of the Voiceless

Hypocrisy.

A posse ad esse.

MC Mike is currently offline Click here to Send MC Mike a Private Message Find more posts by MC Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thank you, MC Mike and SS, for valid comments.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2005 05:52 AM
Ou Be Low hoo
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
You already made a n00b response. This is NOT going to turn into a flamefest.

It's what I believe to be the principal reason why the majority of the World hates the US. It's backed up by facts - when the AP conducted a world-wide poll in regards to why people currently have feelings of animosity towards the US, this was the number 1 reason given.

If your 'few cents' can't comprehend that, then I suggest you don't make the kind of thread that has been repeated and repeated and repeated, ad infinitum...

Old Post Feb 12th, 2005 06:01 AM
Ou Be Low hoo is currently offline Click here to Send Ou Be Low hoo a Private Message Find more posts by Ou Be Low hoo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by Ou Be Low hoo
It's what I believe to be the principal reason why the majority of the World hates the US. It's backed up by facts - when the AP conducted a world-wide poll in regards to why people currently have feelings of animosity towards the US, this was the number 1 reason given.

If your 'few cents' can't comprehend that, then I suggest you don't make the kind of thread that has been repeated and repeated and repeated, ad infinitum...

Considering that the rest of the world has hated us for longer than GWB has been in office and that you are trusting in the source of a single poll, I would not be so hasty to lash out at others for alleged stupidity.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2005 06:11 AM
Ou Be Low hoo
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Considering that the rest of the world has hated us for longer than GWB has been in office and that you are trusting in the source of a single poll, I would not be so hasty to lash out at others for alleged stupidity.

Actually, you're wrong again. Immediately after 9/11 the majority of the world felt a great sense of empathy with the US. The front pages of most newspapers around the world showed this...Even Le Monde - a French newspaper - carries the headline "WE ARE ALL AMERICANS".

Try again...

Old Post Feb 12th, 2005 06:15 AM
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

I am well aware of how the other countries felt about 9/11.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2005 06:19 AM
Peach
mordrem

9/11...which occured while Dubya was in office.

You just blew your own argument out of the water.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Feb 12th, 2005 06:19 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

I believe that he is taking "the rest of the world" to be a more limited scope than what the rest of us are thinking.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2005 06:21 AM
kimmeh
vixen

quote:
Originally posted by Silver Stardust
I think part of it is the attitude that many Americans have, the "We're so much better than the rest of the world" thing.

And before anyone jumps on my back for saying that, two things: 1) I am American (and certainly don't think that way), and 2) I did NOT say all Americans think this way.

Yup Yup

Old Post Feb 12th, 2005 06:24 AM
kimmeh is currently offline Click here to Send kimmeh a Private Message Find more posts by kimmeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ou Be Low hoo
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by Silver Stardust
9/11...which occured while Dubya was in office.

You just blew your own argument out of the water.

Oh dear...BUSH didn't do ANYTHING prior to 9/11!!!!!!!!!!!! He was a lame duck president elected by a minority! Please try to use your brain...

I'm referring to 'rest of the world' as countries including:

Turkey
Argentina
Brazil
Germany
France
Indonesia
Canada
Lebanon
Great Britan
Chile
Australia
Mexico
South Africa
China
Italy
South Korea
Japan
Russia
Spain

Is that comprehensive enough for you?

Old Post Feb 12th, 2005 06:28 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I think there's a number of reasons why people hate us.

1. Cocky - We tend to think that our way is the only way things should be done, and if it isn't our way, it's automatically wrong, even if it works for another country.

2. Our president - George Bush is very hated amongst the world, this is no shocker really. Everyone knows this, so I'll move on.

3. Policing the world - I think this is what bothers most other countries, america putting it's nose everywhere, as if it's some authority in every matter.

Eh, those are the main things I believe.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2005 07:57 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

American's are hot

Old Post Feb 12th, 2005 08:27 AM
BlackC@ is currently offline Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cepheus

quote:
Originally posted by Ou Be Low hoo
Oh dear...BUSH didn't do ANYTHING prior to 9/11!!!!!!!!!!!! He was a lame duck president elected by a minority! Please try to use your brain...

I'm referring to 'rest of the world' as countries including:

Turkey
Argentina LOVES AMERICA
Brazil
Germany
France
Indonesia LOVES AMERICA
Canada
Lebanon
Great Britan
Chile LOVES AMERICA
Australia
Mexico
South Africa
China LOVES AMERICA
Italy
South Korea
Japan
Russia
Spain LOVES AMERICA

Is that comprehensive enough for you?

actually no, Ive been in those countries and they all LOVE america, so before jumping to conclusions research a bit more...

and many ppl hate america, but I think most ppl hate the american goverment not the ppl, cuz it's like saying I hate blonde ppl, it makes no sence whatsoever, there are some shitty ppl america but there are great ppl there too

Old Post Feb 12th, 2005 08:57 AM
Cepheus is currently offline Click here to Send Cepheus a Private Message Find more posts by Cepheus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imaginary
blinded

Americans confuse the rest of the world by still using Fahrenheit and the imperial system of weight and measures, and also spelling.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2005 09:09 AM
Imaginary is currently offline Click here to Send Imaginary a Private Message Find more posts by Imaginary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cepheus

I have to agre with confusing us with weight and measure system lol (I still don't know how inches work)... but spelling...not really

Old Post Feb 12th, 2005 09:17 AM
Cepheus is currently offline Click here to Send Cepheus a Private Message Find more posts by Cepheus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imaginary
blinded

apologize, color, airplane, blah blah.

The spellcheckers on microsoft word are always set to US english so its a pain if we have to type up something in British english.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2005 09:21 AM
Imaginary is currently offline Click here to Send Imaginary a Private Message Find more posts by Imaginary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote